LF faster and harder blade than Innerforce AL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Hello guys,
Since a few months I'm training a new Playstyle, from two winged Looping(mainly FH) to Short Pips on FH.
The last 2 years I played a Innerforce AL (first edition) with Fastarc G1 on FH and Fastarc C1 on BH.
Since training the SP (Victas Vo<102) on FH, I needed to adapt a lot and am still doing so. But now I have some issues with the new playstyle, Smashing and Driving with the Pips is good, but blocking to fast Topspins is hard. On the BHside, since I twiddle the Blade to make my FH services, I see, that the services aren't as good with the C1 than with the G1, longer an less Spin. First Topspin on BS is still very good, but the faster TS Followup is quite hard, it misses Power, no matter how fast I accelerate with my Hand. Blocking on BH is another difficutly, too often the Ball misses the edge of the Table by less than a cm. Now with the new Playstyle, I need to block more often and I need to use the BH Topspin more (especially as follow-up or Smashspin). I thought of changing the C1 for a G1 or Vega X, but I think that the Problem is more on the Innerforce AL, which is a fantastic Blade, but it is too soft for the new play and the catapult is killing the Blocks.
The main inspiration for my game is Mattias Falck, while I will never achieve his level of play, which I am aware ;), the way he plays is what I am training for, close to the table, Spin on BH and Speed on FH, combined with good driving and blocking.

So by consequence I decided to change for a harder and faster blade. A few Alternatives I already looked at: Andro Treiber CI or CO, Gewo Force ARC, Butterfly Viscaria, among others but these are my favorites right now.
So I am asking for your advice, what would you recommend. Pricewise, a Viscaria is the most I will pay, no way that I buy a Blade more expensive. 130€ is already too expensive in my eyes, but there you go...

Thx in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Of course I have never seen you playing, but I had similar problems with the C-1 and still like the G-1. Therefore your plan to use the G-1 on backhand seems to be a good idea, but I would use it in 1,8 mm (thick).

On the forehand-side you could still use the G-1 if you change the blade. Otherwise the Tibhar Gurus Prime (2,9 mm) could be an option, because the feeling is not far away from the G-1, but a bit faster and a bit lower through.

If you want to change the wood, I recommend the first version of the Innerforce ALC. The construction is the same as on your IF AL, but with acylate-carbon instead of arylate. If you are interested in such an old Innerforce ALC, feel free to contact me with PM.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hello guys,
Since a few months I'm training a new Playstyle, from two winged Looping(mainly FH) to Short Pips on FH.
The last 2 years I played a Innerforce AL (first edition) with Fastarc G1 on FH and Fastarc C1 on BH.
Since training the SP (Victas Vo<102) on FH, I needed to adapt a lot and am still doing so. But now I have some issues with the new playstyle, Smashing and Driving with the Pips is good, but blocking to fast Topspins is hard. On the BHside, since I twiddle the Blade to make my FH services, I see, that the services aren't as good with the C1 than with the G1, longer an less Spin. First Topspin on BS is still very good, but the faster TS Followup is quite hard, it misses Power, no matter how fast I accelerate with my Hand. Blocking on BH is another difficutly, too often the Ball misses the edge of the Table by less than a cm. Now with the new Playstyle, I need to block more often and I need to use the BH Topspin more (especially as follow-up or Smashspin). I thought of changing the C1 for a G1 or Vega X, but I think that the Problem is more on the Innerforce AL, which is a fantastic Blade, but it is too soft for the new play and the catapult is killing the Blocks.
The main inspiration for my game is Mattias Falck, while I will never achieve his level of play, which I am aware ;), the way he plays is what I am training for, close to the table, Spin on BH and Speed on FH, combined with good driving and blocking.

So by consequence I decided to change for a harder and faster blade. A few Alternatives I already looked at: Andro Treiber CI or CO, Gewo Force ARC, Butterfly Viscaria, among others but these are my favorites right now.
So I am asking for your advice, what would you recommend. Pricewise, a Viscaria is the most I will pay, no way that I buy a Blade more expensive. 130€ is already too expensive in my eyes, but there you go...

Thx in advance
Gewo force arc !you might want to try ? l have 2 for sale 30 euros each seems cheap they are 95 euros new . the handle was anatomic but l found it too thin at the neck so l beefed it up with glued veneers , you [or l can] file it down to any shape and dimensions from flare to an to st

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Thx for the offer, but a friend at my club owns the blade and lends it to me for Testing Reasons. Can you add an argument other than you like to sell ;) ?

Yes I think just that with G1 on BH, but I could try since I still have the old ones somewhere. MX-P or S is something I am considering, played it a few years ago, before Aurus Prime. Other Rubbers would be Vega X, Rakza Z, DNA Pro M.

Put a Price on Happiness? Define just that Happiness to which your are referencing?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We ALL face the same realities of we are not elite rich... or are common folk who have sacrificed, then worked hard enough long enough for decades to save some funds for stuff like this later in our lives...

... if we want expensive TT gears, then there is gunna be a trade-off.

How much do you want that TT gear?

You gunna donate blood plasma 10x to get one?

If you do not want to trade off so many things, then GET SKILLS (education/experience in a pro field), WORK HARD (harder than ANYONE) and SAVE (which may meen NOT buying TT gears)...

...then decades later, you might be able to afford those kinds of things you want...

... but we all WANT IT... RIGHT NOW, don't we?

Ask your soon to be socialst govt for the funds at no cost to you... why not have someone else who worked hard, earned the money, then had govt steel money from them unwillingly to give to someone in your situation...

...because it isn't fair that some succeed and some do not, right??

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Yesterday I had finally the chance to play the Gewo Force ARC.
Well at least a bit, played a match against someone way weaker, but still a first impression.
SP on FH was exactly what I was looking for. Good Feeling, enough Speed and easy placing.
On BH, Serves were very good, better placement and more Spin, in fact the other player had no chance returning the Spin, if I intended to do so, this was not the case with the Innerforce AL. Block, well wasn't much to block during the game since he didn't attack.
2nd Topsin and Shmashspin, well if I got the opportunity, they were pretty good, way faster and more pressure than before.
Now there was one downside, I haf some difficulties on the firsr Topspin on US and on Drives, they all went quite of the table, could have different reasons though, 1. my footwork was not on point so I wasn't always were I needed to be, 2. there was almost no underspin in his serves or pushes (would explain the similar experience on drives and US, but not on 2nd Topspins or Sidespin Serves) 3. I need to close the Blade more?
Well first impressions were very promising, next Week Training restarts and the coach will be there, this will give more impressions and thorough experiences.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Bought a Xiom 36.5 straight handle and 88gr
Got to play it with the SP VO<102 (reglued for the 4th time, [emoji85] might have lost some of its inner tension) and a Vega X on BH.
First off the Blade is very high end and a superb finish. The Handle is very good for twiddling, which I do, on my serve-return game.
Can't say anything special to the SP, similar to the Force ARC, but with a softer feeling and more dwell time. Will need to play a new sheet of SP, but that arrived on Thursday and Training was on Wednesday.
So, first ofr, I am really impressed by the feeling and handling of the blade. Had to adapt the angle a bit on my BH but then it really gave me what I was hoping to find. Blocks came with a lot of precision, First TS on US was easy to play with lots of Spin and the second TS was easily played with a lot of Pressure, Spin and Speed. Serves went very good as well, precise in placement and Spin. Might very well be my next blade. Might write my impressions in the 36.5 Thread after the next Wednesday training session.