Comparison between Victas, TSP and Yasaka

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Hello, could someone compare these Shirt Pips; VO<102, Spinpips Red, Rakza PO.

I started a few months ago playing SP on FH, began with 802-40 but changed soon to VO<102 in 2,0.
I don't have that much experience and I'd like a bit of insight to how the other 2 Pips play.

I know by now, that the 102 are the softest with 37°, Rakza should be at 40°? And Spinpips Red at 42° or 45°?

A few Things I'd like to know,
-Speed on drive
-Speed on smash
-"Looping" on Underspin Easy to difficult
-Throw from high to low
-Arc from curbed to flat
-Strength of Glue Effect from high to low

Perhaps someone can say something about Stiga Symmetry? They look interesting, but no reviews I've seen so far.

Thx

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Do not think PO is so much harder than victas. Pretty similar i believe. PO have less grip.

Reactions: 1988.lux-yk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Judging by the shape of the pips, that it is 'made in Japan' and that the sponge is listed as 'medium hardness', I suspect Stiga Symmetry will be quite similar to TSP Spectol Blue. So quite fast, good for blocking and hitting and have a bit more grip than you might expect given the cylinder and ladder shape of the pips, although still less than a 'spinny pips' with larger ladder shaped pips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Have not tried the Rakza, but by Lula's account, it doesn't interest me.

For the Victas and TSP, TSP is a bit harder than Victas but still significantly softer than most inverted rubbers. Victas is noticeably gripper, but the TSP has higher speed potential. The TSP is also much more durable.

-Speed on drive - Equal, maybe leaning towards Victas
-Speed on smash - TSP
-"Looping" on Underspin Easy to difficult - Victas
-Throw from high to low - Victas
-Arc from curbed to flat - Victas
-Strength of Glue Effect from high to low - What is glue effect? Boosting seems to have a bigger effect on the TSP, but don't expect night and day differnces with boosting any short pips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
One thing to mention is that the Victas consistency is not very good. I've had three sheets, two were very soft, one was firm-ish. Lightest was 37g cut (for penhold with gap), the heavier one was 41g.

I liked the firmer one if that helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I Have tried some pips and will settle and play with victas. Felt best for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Thanks so far for the useful insights.

Glue Effect, was meant for the built-in Speedglue Effect, sorrd I thought it was understandable. But here you go.

Interesting I'd need to weigh the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Thanks so far for the useful insights.

Glue Effect, was meant for the built-in Speedglue Effect, sorrd I thought it was understandable. But here you go.

Interesting I'd need to weigh the rubber.

Don't worry too much. I was just pointing it out. All rubbers have discrepancies. The soft rubbers played fine too.

"Speed glue effect" is a marketing term. Don't pay too much attention to it. Even real speed glue made a marginal at best difference for direct impacts (read Tiefenbacher articles on Ittfeducation.com). Boosting makes even less speed difference, but does make the sound crisper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
It has a different feel to it, I'd say, I only played 802-40 in 2020, Spectol once on a friends racket in 2014, tried for a summer Super Spinpips on BH 2008? yet I've felt a difference in touch between the VO<102 and the rest, which I attributed the tension in the Sponge. Even my trainer agreed to it and he trained a few Short and Long Pip Players in the 90's and 00's but not since 2009 and so he didnt knew exactly of "Speedglue-Pips" so in shorty I have a better feeling with it than a classic Pip, perhaps that's the effect of playing 10 years with Reversed Rubber with "Speedglue-Effect" ;)