Need Equipment Help

says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
Dear Mr Upside Down, your questions about equipment are fair but you must understand, no one can give you the right advice unless you post a video of you playing with yourself. It doesn’t need to be to completion, just a few strokes to judge your skills and experience.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dear Mr Upside Down, your questions about equipment are fair but you must understand, no one can give you the right advice unless you post a video of you playing with yourself. It doesn’t need to be to completion, just a few strokes to judge your skills and experience.

Here, this is me showing my skillz at return of serve:

I am in the far court. :)

Apr 2019
Supreme technique, and that bana-strawberry-mango-papaya backhand flick is something I’ve never seen anyone executing so well. Especially when playing agains what looks like a very tough opponent, probably a pro, in his prime.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Supreme technique, and that bana-strawberry-mango-papaya backhand flick is something I’ve never seen anyone executing so well. Especially when playing agains what looks like a very tough opponent, probably a pro, in his prime.

Hahahaha.

It is fair that, since I so often say others should show footage, that I should as well. This is about 5 years ago. I have not had any film happen since. But it should serve the purpose. :) A short clip warming up with OSPH:

42andbackpains is the camera man. :)

Reactions: Andre74 and IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hahahaha.

It is fair that, since I so often say others should show footage, that I should as well. This is about 5 years ago. I have not had any film happen since. But it should serve the purpose. :) A short clip warming up with OSPH:

42andbackpains is the camera man. :)

I’ll see if I can get some footage of myself playing, it’ll hopefully be sometime soon, and will fit in nicely with this comedic element of this thread!!!!

Apr 2019
I will soon upload a video of me playing with myself to demonstrate my technique. As many of us I’m self thought but I work hard on it and watch a lot of video reference.
I recently found that Falco Tempo Long offers just the right viscosity to boost the feel especially in the long and fast game.
I apologise in advance for the loud choing I just have to yell in the heat of the moment

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I will soon upload a video of me playing with myself to demonstrate my technique. As many of us I’m self thought but I work hard on it and watch a lot of video reference.
I recently found that Falco Tempo Long offers just the right viscosity to boost the feel especially in the long and fast game.
I apologise in advance for the loud choing I just have to yell in the heat of the moment

Will that Falco Tempo Long work for me to boost the National Issue Socks and Underwear I ordered. hahahahahah.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I’ll see if I can get some footage of myself playing, it’ll hopefully be sometime soon, and will fit in nicely with this comedic element of this thread!!!!

In truth, some of what is nice that happens when people are willing to post footage is, we get to know each other better. There is a decent sized group of us that have gotten together quite a few times. Like Der_Echte has stayed over at my place when traveling to NYC; one time I had him stay with my mom and she had so much fun because of how gregarious he is. NextLevel has stayed over. And we have had some decent hangouts at different TT clubs. Some of that closeness that happens starts with people showing who they are on the TT court and others being supportive and helpful.

Level does not really matter until someone starts boasting without knowing what they are really saying. But we all start somewhere so, no matter your level, everyone really starts pretty much at the beginning.

Apr 2019
Given the humour at the base of this thread, I was just being silly. I completely agree it’s really useful for one to record himself playing TT and certainly don’t blame Carl for asking to post a video to the plethora of new members joining the forum to ask about equipment without having a clue - I was one too :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Given the humour at the base of this thread, I was just being silly. I completely agree it’s really useful for one to record himself playing TT and certainly don’t blame Carl for asking to post a video to the plethora of new members joining the forum to ask about equipment without having a clue - I was one too :)

This is why I posted a joke first. I searched and searched to try and find something good. It is hard to find really bad ping pong players for posting a video on a Table Tennis forum. :)

But, I also felt, at one point on the forum, really, pretty much everyone had seen footage of me playing. But it has been years since I have really been able to train and play at good venues. Since early 2017 it really just has not been possible for me to play regularly. Interestingly, I am confident I got a lot better at some of the stuff I had mental blocks on that wouldn't improve when I was playing daily. I do think my overall level has improved. But some of the stuff that clicks in when you play 4-6 days a week as a result of such continuous ball feeling, it would probably take a week of training for me to get most of that back. And I am getting old. :)

Unknown.jpeg

See how much I have aged since that video in 2016? :)

Last edited:
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
This is why I posted a joke first. I searched and searched to try and find something good. It is hard to find really bad ping pong players for posting a video on a Table Tennis forum. :)

But, I also felt, at one point on the forum, really, pretty much everyone had seen footage of me playing. But it has been years since I have really been able to train and play at good venues. Since early 2017 it really just has not been possible for me to play regularly. Interestingly, I am confident I got a lot better at some of the stuff I had mental blocks on that wouldn't improve when I was playing daily. I do think my overall level has improved. But some of the stuff that clicks in when you play 4-6 days a week as a result of such continuous ball feeling, it would probably take a week of training for me to get most of that back. And I am getting old. :)

View attachment 21757

See how much I have aged since that video in 2016? :)

compared to me you look as fresh as a fresh thing!!!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl