Switching Rubbers, help me decide between Victas 15, Rakza 9 and Fastarc G1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Hey guys, I have been using mantra M for a while and I want to switch soon, and I'm between Victas V> 15 Extra, Yasaka Rakza 9 and Nittaku Fastarc G1.

Some questions:

For people that have played with those rubbers, which one of these 3 you feel like differs the most from Mantra?
Which one these 3 feels softer?
Which one of these generates more spin?
Do you feel like any of those rubbers are heavily more oriented for backhand/forehand?
For people that have tried them, which one you like the most? How would you compare them?

Shakehand. My blade is an Infinity VPS. I like to play close to the table.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
1st - Rakza 9 is completely out of the league coming from a Mantra M

2nd - Victas V15 extra is my personal go to rubber for anything near to Tenergy level spin

3rd - G1 is high arc rubber and VPS is also relatively a medium to high throw blade and I feel that on high impact strokes or hard hit will over shoot the ball; however, this highly depends on the players skill and play style.

4th - Consider getting a Rasanter 47 or 48, they are good too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: yoass and Reirom
Thx chintan for answer

Mantra M
All the rubbers you mentioned ate harder than your mantra m, if it is ok with you, i would use g1 but if you have access to Rakza z regular instead of Rakza 9, i would choose rakza z instead.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
All the rubbers you mentioned ate harder than your mantra m, if it is ok with you, i would use g1 but if you have access to Rakza z regular instead of Rakza 9, i would choose rakza z instead.

Are G1 and V15 harder than Mantra M? Mantra M is listed at 48, whereas G1 and V15 are listed at 47.5. I am not sure if they are using different scales, or if there are other factors at play that make Mantra M the softest of the bunch.

Rakza Z should be significantly harder than all of those though.

@Reirom, IMO the V15 is the spinniest but I haven't used Mantra. It also feels more suited to the forehand IMO. You may have a much different experience though, I can see V15 being hard to spin with if the ball isn't looped properly, i.e. there isn't as much "easy spin" that you get with Tenergy.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
I do think that is an interesting dialogue. :)

Mantra rubbers are Daiki rubbers no matter the hardness, the spin is just less. This is the last batch of stiga rubbers that are made in japan before they switched to ESN. Unless, they make a new Daiki rubber again.

Just as a side note, the ITC ultra 48 rubber which happens to be the same generation as the Mantra rubbers have a harder feel. The Mantra m maybe be listed as a 48 degree rubber but it has a listed ramge of 46 to 49. I have owned all of these and the Mantra M that I had was nowhere near the hardness of the G1 or Victas.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
What about Nittaku Sieger Pk 50??
Ive tried both Stiga M and H. The M felt really good but were to fast tired and used.
The harder version i still have, but i never liked it.
What about the Nittaku as I ordered one of them ????