CNT's Mock Olympics

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I've now watched both finals on 247 and they did not disappoint. SYS and WMU gave a thrilling display of counter-hitting: WMU is turning herself into a more exciting player with faster footwork and more athleticism. These two, along with CM, might well be the CNT for the Olympics, where they will have to contend with Mima Ito of Japan and possibly Cheng I-Ching of Taipei. In the Men's LJK has excelled with superb counter-hitting. He might make the CNT, along with FZD and one other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Liang was very lucky during the 4th set, a 3-1 deficit was too much for wang chuqin. Their level is very close actually, this time liang won because he made less unforced errors.

Maybe because the Red is softer and easier to control =)))))))))))))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I've now watched both finals on 247 and they did not disappoint. SYS and WMU gave a thrilling display of counter-hitting: WMU is turning herself into a more exciting player with faster footwork and more athleticism. These two, along with CM, might well be the CNT for the Olympics, where they will have to contend with Mima Ito of Japan and possibly Cheng I-Ching of Taipei. In the Men's LJK has excelled with superb counter-hitting. He might make the CNT, along with FZD and one other.

This tournament has been really nice to watch. The year has been nearly a write off, most sports around the globe has had tournaments cancelled and appears to be no solution in right now for Table tennis, most of us in lockdown as well so being able too watch this has been good.

Back of my mind not sure how much can read into these mock games, noticeable absentees been ML, DN, LSW and many here believe all will be key members of the team for Tokyo 2021 games. Feel CNT will take a safe approach for Olympics, but do think they have already a short list of players in mind.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Schedule for 16 August 2020 (Sunday)

1000h (GMT+8)

Table 1 WT Round of 16 – Team 1 (Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha, Wang Manyu) vs Team 10 (Chen Yi, Qi Fei, Zang Xiaotong)
Table 2 MT Round of 16 – Team 5 (Fang Bo, Yu Ziyang, Xue Fei) vs Team 12 (Cao Yantao, Niu Guankai, Gao Yang)
Table 3 WT Round of 16 – Team 11 (Li Yake, Zhang Binyue, Wu Yangchen) vs Team 4 (Zhang Rui, He Zhuojia, Chen Ke)
Table 4 MT Round of 16 – Team 10 (Liu Yebo, Quan Kaiyuan, Liang Guodong) vs Team 6 (Zhou Kai, Sun Wen, Zhang Yudong)

1430h (GMT+8)

Table 1 MT Round of 16 – Team 15 (Tao Yuchang, Sun Jiayi, Xiong Mengyang) vs Team 4 (Xu Chenhao, Zhou Yu, Zhao Zihao, Ma Te)
Table 2 WT Round of 16 – Team 5 (Li Jiayi, Liu Xi, Hu Limei) vs Team 12 (Huang Yingqi, Leng Yutong, Li Yuqi)
Table 3 MT Round of 16 – Team 7 (Zheng Peifeng, Xiang Peng, Xu Haidong) vs Team 11 (Yan Sheng, Yang Shuo, Yuan Licen)
Table 4 WT Round of 16 – Team 14 (Mu Jingyu, Sun Yizhen, Wang Tianyi) vs Team 7 (Fan Siqi, Wu Yang, Zhang Qiang)

1930h (GMT+8)

Table 1 MT Round of 16 – Team 1 (Ma Long, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong) vs Team 14 (Lin Shidong, Chen Hangyu, Zeng Beixun, Song Zuowei)
Table 2 WT Round of 16 – Team 9 (Kuai Man, Wang Xiaotong, Guo Yuhan) vs Team 2 (Chen Xingtong, Gu Yuting, Sun Mingyang)
Table 3 MT Round of 16 – Team 16 (Zhang Chao, Hou Yingchao, Cui Qinglei) vs Team 2 (Lin Gaoyuan, Wang Chuqin, Liang Jingkun)
Table 4 WT Round of 16 (Feng Yalan, Liu Weishan, Shi Xunyao) – Team 8 vs Team 13 (Yuan Yuan, Yang Yiyun, Xu Yi)

*As there are insufficient players (hence only 14 teams in total), teams 3 (Liu Fei, Wang Yidi, Qian Tianyi) and 6 (Che Xiaoxi, Yang Huijing, Mu Zi) will advance to the quarter finals of the women's team event directly.
*Ma Te has been redeployed to Team 4 in the event that Xu Chenhao is unable to play completely
*Head coach of the men's team Qin Zhijian has confirmed that Ma Long will play in the Team event. He also revealed that the goal set for Team 1 is to win the tournament (在昨天接受采访时,男乒主教练秦志戬透露:马龙将会出现在团体赛中... 不过,一团的目标是必须夺取冠军) ​​​​

007uCPrEgy1ghrenjc7moj30u016c1kx.jpg007uCPrEgy1ghrfbtgunfj30u010pgwe.jpg007uCPrEgy1ghrfrs7a5xj30u010ptdy.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Schedule for 16 August 2020 (Sunday)

1000h (GMT+8)

Table 1 WT Round of 16 – Team 1 (Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha, Wang Manyu) vs Team 10 (Chen Yi, Qi Fei, Xian Xiaotong)
Table 2 MT Round of 16 – Team 5 (Fang Bo, Yu Ziyang, Xue Fei) vs Team 12 (Cao Yantao, Niu Guankai, Gao Yang)
Table 3 WT Round of 16 – Team 11 (Li Yake, Zhang Binyue, Wu Yangchen) vs Team 4 (Zhang Rui, He Zhuojia, Chen Ke)
Table 4 MT Round of 16 – Team 10 (Liu Yebo, Quan Kaiyuan, Liang Guodong) vs Team 6 (Zhou Kai, Sun Wen, Zhang Yudong)

1430h (GMT+8)

Table 1 MT Round of 16 – Team 15 (Tao Yuchang, Sun Jiayi, Xiong Mengyang) vs Team 4 (Xu Chenhao, Zhou Yu, Zhao Zihao, Ma Te)
Table 2 WT Round of 16 – Team 5 (Li Jiayi, Liu Xi, Hu Limei) vs Team 12 (Huang Yingqi, Leng Yutong, Li Yuqi)
Table 3 MT Round of 16 – Team 7 (Zheng Peifeng, Xiang Peng, Xu Haidong) vs Team 11 (Yan Sheng, Yang Shuo, Yuan Licen)
Table 4 WT Round of 16 – Team 14 (Mu Jingyu, Sun Yizhen, Wang Tianyi) vs Team 7 (Fan Siqi, Wu Yang, Zhang Qiang)

1930h (GMT+8)

Table 1 MT Round of 16 – Team 1 (Ma Long, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong) vs Team 14 (Lin Shidong, Chen Hangyu, Zeng Beixun, Song Zuowei)
Table 2 WT Round of 16 – Team 9 (Kuai Man, Wang Xiaotong, Guo Yuhan) vs Team 2 (Chen Xingtong, Gu Yuting, Sun Mingyang)
Table 3 MT Round of 16 – Team 16 (Zhang Chao, Hou Yingchao, Cui Qinglei) vs Team 2 (Lin Gaoyuan, Wang Chuqin, Liang Jingkun)
Table 4 WT Round of 16 (Feng Yalan, Liu Weishan, Shi Xunyao) – Team 8 vs Team 13 (Yuan Yuan, Yang Yiyun, Xu Yi)

*As there are insufficient players (hence only 14 teams in total), teams 3 (Liu Fei, Wang Yidi, Qian Tianyi) and 6 (Che Xiaoxi, Yang Huijing, Mu Zi) will advance to the quarter finals of the women's team event directly.
*Ma Te has been redeployed to Team 4 in the event that Xu Chenhao is unable to play completely
*Head coach of the men's team Qin Zhijian has confirmed that Ma Long will play in the Team event. He also revealed that the goal set for Team 1 is to win the tournament (在昨天接受采访时,男乒主教练秦志戬透露:马龙将会出现在团体赛中... 不过,一团的目标是必须夺取冠军) ​​​​

View attachment 21892View attachment 21893View attachment 21894

Janard love your work

Team events always fun

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
FZD seriously needs to respect LJKs ability to rally back from the table. This has happened several times now. I don't know if he's just stubborn or if he isn't taking this tournament seriously.

I feel like FZD is used to being always able to fall back to being better than his opponent in the long power rally from behind the table. When he doesn't feel like preparing, he always seems to use this as his default tactic. But against maybe the one person in the world better at this than he is, he can't be defaulting to this.

He has far more big match experience than LJK and has shown himself to be much better at, and at dealing with variation and the short game, this is how he is able to dominate LJK when prepared specifically for him. I don't understand why FZD keeps falling back into this 'let the big rallies happen' mentality against LJK. It's obviously a bad idea.

*Head coach of the men's team Qin Zhijian has confirmed that Ma Long will play in the Team event. He also revealed that the goal set for Team 1 is to win the tournament

Haha you don't say, it would be perfectly reasonable to expect a team of ML, XX and FZD to not win this tournament!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I'm 100% sure the goal set for Team 2 (Lin Gaoyuan, Wang Chuqin, Liang Jingkun) is also to win the tournament.

Wells, he described Team 2's role as to cause as much trouble for Team 1 as possible (希望二团能制造更大的困难). Even if Team 2 does win, it will probably only spur the coaches to subject Team 1 to greater scrutiny and more targeted training. Unless injuries prevail, the coaches seemed rather bent on sending Team 1. Qin's words also come after Team 2 members clinching the Gold and Silver medals in the MS event.

Reactions: vvk1
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
FZD seriously needs to respect LJKs ability to rally back from the table. This has happened several times now. I don't know if he's just stubborn or if he isn't taking this tournament seriously.

I feel like FZD is used to being always able to fall back to being better than his opponent in the long power rally from behind the table. When he doesn't feel like preparing, he always seems to use this as his default tactic. But against maybe the one person in the world better at this than he is, he can't be defaulting to this.

He has far more big match experience than LJK and has shown himself to be much better at, and at dealing with variation and the short game, this is how he is able to dominate LJK when prepared specifically for him. I don't understand why FZD keeps falling back into this 'let the big rallies happen' mentality against LJK. It's obviously a bad idea.

https://3g.163.com/air/article_cambrian/EDUP4U970529EJSU.html
刘国梁谈樊振东:

这次输球本身对他来说是一个坏事,他确实应该痛定思痛了,必须要疼在骨子里了,不要再去被捧杀,或者自己把自己摆得高。无论从球队还是个方面来说。我记得以前我就说过,他的眼中不能只有马龙,他的眼中一定是世界和未来。其实樊振东在亚洲杯赢张本那场球我是非常不满意的,我知道他准备了很长时间,知道他准备了很多,打成这样球是赢了,但是球路和风格、打法的先进性上没有体现。

因为马龙现在不太可能去改变太多了,所以樊振东原来是领先很多的,现在他已经在控制了,已经脱离了他应该有的东西了。所以这次在世乒赛上,梁靖崑赢他的时候是完全控制住了场上的局面,是压倒性的,是给樊振东压迫性的。我觉得樊振东需要有一个重大重大的改变,最主要是人的内心,人的气质,如果他的气质不改变,他很难突破,所以他必须拥有冠军气质,他冠军的球已经基本上是具备了。

曾经的国家队运动员程靖淇也是专门就樊振东发挥失利一事发长文进行了点评

第二、技战术方面,和两年前相比较并没有很大的突破和质的飞跃。只能说跑得更快了,力量更大了,击球稳定性更强了而已。众所周知乒乓球在改变,旋转下降,前三板的争夺越来越凶狠。速度,力量的天坪已经重于旋转。而他比赛中还是在追求前三板先稳定过度,在后面相持段杀死对方,而在落点意识上也没有像龙哥拿捏的那么到位。同时在意识中前三板已经给了别人搏杀的空间。

近期成绩好一些的选手往往都是前三板上抢的比较凶,质量比较高。所以他有空间给对手,对手就有爆冷的几率,那么目前就不能说他足够包打天下。这一点也请大家正确理解。我相信他也会以一个成年人的方式面对这次失败,并不是气馁,沮丧,迷茫。他甚至都没有时间再去浪费。我相信他还有很大的进步空间,也相信在乒协,教练组和他的主管教练帮助下他在心态抗压和技战术组合会进行蜕变。而在我心中他依旧还是明年东京值得大家信任的人选。我们只需要监督他,支持他,而并非盲目的把他保护起来。等着他重新整装待发。

https://cn.ittf.com/2020/03/fan-zhen-dong-feature-3/
樊振东:“2019年对自己来说确实非常不一样,从小出道一直到2018年,经历的挫折有,但是没有那么疼,没有那么痛彻心扉。2019年不光是输了个世锦赛,而是真真切切能够感觉到世界乒坛的发展和进步。不管是新生代的年轻运动员,还是说整个打法的进步,对我来说都是很大的冲击。自己首先不是最年轻的了,技术也不是最先进。跟自己的打法类似的,凶狠、质量高,现在很多人都能够做到。从这个层面,真真切切感受到压力。这样的压力跟输一次比赛,或者说状态不好,是完全不一样的。而是真正感觉到已经开始厮杀了。”

国际乒联:是感觉到了一个被所有人研究和冲击的尴尬阶段吗?

樊振东:“现在到了一种也不能说尴尬,却是挺胶着的一个状态。因为老的不管是咱自己队,还是外国队,都有优秀的年龄大的,包括其实你说波尔、奥恰,他们这些,都还具有很强的竞争力和丰富的大赛经验。年轻的就更不用说了,他们具备更强的冲击力跟朝气。自己在这个时候再一想,打法又没什么优势,怎么样都不是特别舒服。”

Last edited:
Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Women's Team 2 is obviously the pseudo-Japanese team

But to win, they will probably have to abandon the 'official' Japanese lineup as it's not wise to let SMY ('Ito') assume the role of first singles (matches 2 & 4 or 2 & 5 depending) since she is still miles away from the real deal. I do however believe that the Chinese version of Ishikawa/Hirano (GYT/CXT) is superior and can take down the possible pairs that Team 1 throws out, be it SYS/WMY (World Champions but they have literally lost all four Opens – Japan 2019, Swedish 2019, German 2019, WTGF 2019 – that they have participated in subsequently), CM/SYS (best result being 2nd in Hungarian Open 2019 and being stretched by USA Doubles during TWC) or WMY/CM (most consistent, having won three out of four Opens together).

I would think that a more worthy line-up would be GYT/SMY, CXT, SMY, CXT, GYT (ABC) or GYT/SMY, CXT, SMY, GYT, CXT (XYZ). CXT has taken down all three members of Team 1 on different occasions (both domestic & international), SMY has a small winning percentage against WMY (only domestically) while GYT has the worst record against Team 1 trio in all matches played. Although it's highly possible that the coaches would want Team 2 to stick to the very people whom they are supposed to 'imitate'.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

These are ultimately training matches, you don't know the goals the coach set for FZD before the match and how well he scored executing them. It isn't always about winning.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
After beating Sun Wen, LJK said in the post-match interview he brought the wrong sponge(?), and so he had to use RED on FH, and it doesn't brush as well as BLACK.

Seems like LJK was intentionally withdrawing the truth previously, as he finally revealed that the change to red rubber for his FH was suggested by Liu Guoliang after winning the MS event (这次比赛,很多球迷对梁靖崑胶皮的改变很感兴趣。大胖在夺得男单冠军后的专访中提到,原来这是刘国梁主席给出的主意[酷]大胖每场比赛后也都会第一时间通过手机向刘主席汇报换胶皮后的比赛感受,“就跟武侠小说似的,找到自己的兵器了吧。”未来,“做好自己,努力追赶,打好每一场比赛,听安排。” ​​)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Results for 16 August 2020 (Sunday)

Women's Team Round of 16

a. Team 10 0:3 Team 1

①Qi Fei/Zang Xiaotong 1-3 Sun Yingsha/Wang Manyu (7-11,11-7,3-11,5-11)
(Video credits: 247 Tabletennis)

②Chen Yi 0-3 Chen Meng (4-11,7-11,3-11)

③Qi Fei 1-3 Wang Manyu (5-11,9-11,12-10,7-11) ​​​​

b. Team 11 1:3 Team 4
①Li Yake/Wu Yangchen 2-3 Zhang Rui/Chen Ke
②Zhang Binyue 0-3 He Zhuojia
③Li Yake 0-3 Chen Ke

c. Team 5 3:0 Team 12
①Li Jiayi/Liu Xi 3-0 Leng Yutong/Li Yuqi (11-7,13-11,11-5)
②Hu Limei 3-1 Huang Yingqi (11-8,10-12,11-6,12-10)
③Liu Xi 3-1 Li Yuqi (6-11,11-5,11-7,11-8) ​​​​

d. Team 14 (Mu Jingyu, Sun Yizhen, Wang Tianyi) 0:3 Team 7 (Fan Siqi, Wu Yang, Zhang Qiang)

e. Team 8 (Feng Yalan, Liu Weishan, Shi Xunyao) 3:0 Team 13 (Yuan Yuan, Yang Yiyun, Xu Yi)

f. Team 9 1: 3 Team 2
①Guo Yuhan/Wang Xiao Tong 0-3 Gu Yuting/Chen Xingtong
②Kuai Man 3-1 Sun Mingyang
③Wang Xiao Tong 0-3 Chen Xingtong
④Kuai Man 2-3 Gu Yuting

*Li Sun has confirmed that Team 4 is meant to mirror North Korea's lineup (but no chopper to mimic Kim Song I?!) while Team 3 (Wang Yidi, Liu Fei, Qian Tianyi) should parallel the South Korean women (Jeon, Shin and Suh most likely).

Men's Team Round of 16

a. Team 12 1:3 Team 5
①Cao Yantao/Gao Yang 1-3 Yu Ziyang/Fang Bo (8-11,6-11,11-4,3-11)
②Niu Guankai 3-0 Xue Fei (12-10,12-10,11-5)
③Gao Yang 1-3 Yu Ziyang (11-13,13-11,7-11,7-11)
④Niu Guankai 1-3 Fang Bo (6-11,6-11,11-4,9-11) ​​​​

b. Team 10 1:3 Team 6
①Liu Yebo/Quan Kaiyuan 2-3 Sun Wen/Zhang Yudong
②Liang Guodong 0-3 Zhou Kai
③Quan Kaiyuan 3-2 Zhang Yudong
④Liu Yebo 2-3 Zhou Kai ​​​​

c. Team 15 0:3 Team 4
①Xiong Mengyang/Tao Yuchang 0-3 Zhou Yu/Zhao Zihao (9-11,10-12,11-13)
②Sun Jiayi 1-3 Ma Te (9-11,12-10,9-11,5-11)
③Tao Yuchang 1-3 Zhao Zihao (7-11,16-14,9-11,6-11) ​​​​

d. Team 7 2:3 Team 11
①Xiang Peng/Xu Haidong 2-3 Yan Sheng/Yuan Licen (3-11,8-11,11-6,12-10,6-11)
②Zheng Peifeng 3-1 Yang Shuo (11-5,12-10,7-11,11-7)
③Xu Haidong 1-3 Yuan Licen (7-11,10-12,11-6,5-11)
④Zheng Peifeng 3-0 Yan Zheng (14-12,11-4,11-9)
⑤Xiang Peng 2-3 Yang Shuo (6-11,10-12,11-6,11-9,8-11)

e. Team 2 3:0 Team 16
①Wang Chuqin/Liang Jingkun 3-0 Zhang Chao/Cui Qinglei (11-1,14-12,17-15)
②Lin Gaoyuan 3-0 Hou Yingchao (11-2,11-8,11-3)
③Liang Jingkun 3-0 Zhang Chao (11-3,12-10,11-7) ​

f. Team 1 3:0 Team 14
①Xu Xin/Fan Zhendong 3-0 Chen Hangyu/Lin Shidong (11-6,11-3,11-7)
②Ma Long 3-1 Zeng Beixun (11-5,11-9,13-15,11-7)
③Fan Zhendong 3-0 Lin Shidong (11-5,11-4,11-8) ​​​​

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
I like LJK, but my psyche needs XuXin to win one of the big two tournaments

These are ultimately training matches, you don't know the goals the coach set for FZD before the match and how well he scored executing them. It isn't always about winning.

I see your point. I also see where the top players may not have been able to motivate themselves, thus mysterious early eliminations or 'injuries'.
But I saw a lot of passion and effort in Liang Jingkun's matches as if he had a point to prove. This win gives him a big psychological boost which signals to the rest that, "I came, I won. I am as good as you. Take me for granted at your peril!"

Last edited: