CNT's Mock Olympics

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Gu Yuting is doing an excellent job imitating Ishikawa's collapse on crucial points.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So let's see whether "Japanese" men's team will make an upset to CNT tomorrow.

This Japanese Men's team is 10 times as strong as the real thing. I am really excited about the possibilities of Ma Long vs Liang Jingkun and Fan Zhendong vs Wang Chuqin.

Though if Fan plays doubles, it could be Ma vs Wang and Fan vs Liang.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This Japanese Men's team is 10 times as strong as the real thing. I am really excited about the possibilities of Ma Long vs Liang Jingkun and Fan Zhendong vs Wang Chuqin.

Though if Fan plays doubles, it could be Ma vs Wang and Fan vs Liang.

My Lineup prediction:

ML/XX vs LJK/LGY
FZD vs WCQ
XX vs LGY
FZD vs LJK
ML vs WCQ

FZD will highly possible not play doubles, while LJK will. So FZD will probably meet LJK again.

I would say this will be 50/50. No one has absolute advantage against his opponent. Considering ML's recent injury and recovery, FZD & XX's defeat in Singles, and WCQ & LJK's winner & runner up in Singles, it will be really dangerous for CNT this time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
My Lineup prediction:

ML/XX vs LJK/LGY
FZD vs WCQ
XX vs LGY
FZD vs LJK
ML vs WCQ

FZD will highly possible not play doubles, while LJK will. So FZD will probably meet LJK again.

I would say this will be 50/50. No one has absolute advantage against his opponent. Considering ML's recent injury and recovery, FZD & XX's defeat in Singles, and WCQ & LJK's winner & runner up in Singles, it will be really dangerous for CNT this time.

I don't see XX playing before ML if the goal is to win as much as possible. I also don't see LGY playing before LJK - you want your best players to play early unless the order prevents it. But who knows.... but the 3rd match for me is ML vs LJK... 4th match FZD vs LGY... 5th match is XX vs WCQ... of course it depends on the team orders as the 4th and 5th match could be flipped.

Reactions: MaLin2.0 and Janard
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
What if I told you Mizutani has a BH that's 3 times as strong now?

interesting interview

he said its because he changed his grip recently from straight handle to flare handle.

He says it makes grip transition from FH to BH quicker, which is very important for quick BH play at the table. Makes it less simple for flicks and short play.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
interesting interview

he said its because he changed his grip recently from straight handle to flare handle.

He says it makes grip transition from FH to BH quicker, which is very important for quick BH play at the table. Makes it less simple for flicks and short play.

cache.php

Looks like Mizutani is not the only one changing his blade. His Mixed Doubles partner is following suit.

"The racquet "Ito Mima Carbon" produced by Ito will be released at the memorable timing of Nittaku's 100th anniversary in 2020 and Ito's 20th birthday on October 21st. Ito has been using the racket called "Acoustic Carbon" of Nittaku for many years, and this "Ito model" was born based on that racket.

The racket blades are printed with the silhouette and signature of Ito's characteristic service form, and the grip design is made up of Ito's particular purple and white lines."

Source: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/d17ebb53611d421a99cb1751fc3f4bd7ba09baae

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Results for 21 August 2020

Men's Team Bronze Medal Match

Team 4 3:1
Team 9

①Xu Chenhao/Zhao Zihao 0-3 Yu Heyi/Cao Wei
②Ma Te 3-1 Sai Linwei
③Zhao Zihao 3-2 Cao Wei
④Xu Chenhao 3-1 Sai Linwei

Reactions: MaLin2.0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
interesting interview

Interesting, I thought a lot of people would say straight handle makes that easier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
SUN Yingsha sweep of the Mock Olympics Singles Mixed & Team Champion. Clearly every year going from strength to strength. One of not many few on the CNT that have recent winning record against Mima in Singles. Still early and sport where players can have different patches throughout a year but been consistently well. Hopefully coaches really thinking of utilising her and not prepared to use inexperience factor. Clearly ready made.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Ma Te vs Sai Linwei | 3rd place decision

Zhao Zihao vs Cao Wei | 3rd place decision

Xu Chenhao vs Sai Linwei | 3rd place decision

Last edited: