Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am not impressed. Although it is easy to believe that Dignics is faster than H3 National, I didn't think the rest of the video was that good because it is mostly opinion. I still think the best way to review a rubber is the way Pathfinderpro did years go.

Basically the spin and speed can be summed up with normal and tangential coefficient of restitution. There is an issue of how liner the COR as a function of impact speed. The dwell times between the two rubbers will be small. I don't see how a human can measure the difference. Speed is good if you play away from the table. I don't see where it is as necessary if you play close to the table. I also like to think of spin to speed COR ratios. There is too little, too much and just right. The question is spin to speed ratio for the Dignics just right. From Dan and Tom's review is seems that the ratio may be a little low which would make arcs a little harder to achieve.

The must be hundreds of rubbers now and the different rubbers cannot all have widely varying CORs. Much of this is marketing that preys on the myths held by TT players.

Hi,

what rubber was he using? std H3? H3 provincial? ........? Red sheet so it wasn’t H3 Nat blue sponge. Do you know whether it was boosted?
he has a very nice compact action with excellent wrist snap!!

It's hurricane neo 2, provincial one most likely.

Got a summary of what's going on in the video?

Hit the ball flat and brush at the end

Last edited:
The factors that keep hurricane 3 from being faster than tenergy 05 or Dignics 09c are the type of sponge and also tackiness. Tackiness is greater in h3 and makes the ball slower. also, the energy transfer for the sponge between h3 and dignics 09c is just too big of a difference. If a player can hit that hard in h3 he can even make it faster with same effort for dignics 09c.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Well. Thanks Dan and Tom showing the expected results (convincingly) :))) I guess it’s kinda obvious H3 is not that fast. Somehow ppl just love it so much so ppl want to believe it’s the fastest :(

Kinda the same ppl believe that it’s for “advanced” players only. I started regular training a year ago rightaway with H3 and it’s really effective (for my development). The key thing with H3 is that you cannot let the rubber bounce the ball by random for you. It won’t happen. And also you can easily transfer all your swing power into it. It’s also a lot less sensitive to incoming power. Hence it’s very easy to notice how you have swung. So the “muted”/“dead” feel of H3 is very very important.

And as a nature of life. You cannot have everything in a magic product. You have to trade off. Otherwise everybody would be using it already.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I don`t know if most of you get the idea about what is this topic and video really about ...
For me is the h3 winner because of the price .... but what i know for sure (from Youtube comments ) that there will be: "Hey guys! We will release a video comparing the 09C against the Province and National H3 version very soon

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Great video as always, the idea is great too. It's just very hard for one man to compare two rubbers that need different technique.
If one has that in mind when watching the video then he'll find it helpful and insightful.
Once again - great video guys and I'm pretty sure we're all very happy here that your lockdown is over! ;)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Great video as always, the idea is great too. It's just very hard for one man to compare two rubbers that need different technique.
If one has that in mind when watching the video then he'll find it helpful and insightful.
Once again - great video guys and I'm pretty sure we're all very happy here that your lockdown is over! ;)

I don't know about "different technique" but it's a matter of familiarity.

In this video by Chinese provincial players, who are likely more familiar with provincial sheets of H3 boosted, they state that the 09C is still not as fast as H3. The same way that Dan/Tom stated the opposite.

The TTD guys mentioned on YouTube that they will be posting a review comparing provincial/national H3 to 09C "very soon". Provided that they boost the H3 properly, I expect to hear less about the speed differences that everyone is getting caught up about.

Last edited:
If the provincial and national versions are not as tacky as the commercial ones and also are heavily boosted then they would come out with more spin and power but then again you will be comparing 2 rubbers one which is only factory boosted and the other is boosted which is illegal in ittf's standard or in a more simple te "unnatural". Though both rubbers have factory boosting, if you will compare both rubbers with the h3 with more boosting seems not a fair comparison because why not just boost both rubbers to have a fair result??

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
If the provincial and national versions are not as tacky as tje commercial ones and also are heavily boosted then they would come out with more spin and power but then again you will be comparing 2 rubbers one which is only factory boosted amd the other is boosted which is illegal in ittf's standard or in a more simple te "unnatural". Though both rubbers have factory boosting, if you will compare both rubbers with the h3 with more noosting seems not a fair comparison because why not just boost both rubbers to have a fair result??

It may be technically illegal but it's still what every good player does when it comes to using H3, I don't think anyone here would argue that unboosted H3 is a fast or powerful rubber at all. I don't think ITTF rules are going to apply to anyone here, but I have always agreed that those boosted sheets of H3 aren't necessarily the best choice for most club players.

It may be technically illegal but it's still what every good player does when it comes to using H3, I don't think anyone here would argue that unboosted H3 is a fast or powerful rubber at all. I don't think ITTF rules are going to apply to anyone here, but I have always agreed that those boosted sheets of H3 aren't necessarily the best choice for most club players.

The player's skill is not the focus on the topic since you are dealing with comparison of properties between 2 rubbers. Basic experimentation principles would tell you this is not a fair comparison. Do not get me wrong, i heavily boost my h3 and other chinese rubbers with seamoon booster but to compare heavily boosted h3 with unaltered D09c is just not fair.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
The player's skill is not the focus on the topic since you are dealing with comparison of properties between 2 rubbers. Basic experimentation principles would tell you this is not a fair comparison. Do not get me wrong, i heavily boost my h3 and other chinese rubbers with seamoon booster but to compare heavily boosted h3 with unaltered D09c is just not fair.

I agree. If one boost a hard sponge H3, why not boost the D9C too, which also has a hard sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019

I totally agree on that point. It would be more reasonable to compare boosted versions of both sheets.

What I was trying to say is that it is absolutely necessary to boost H3 whereas it might not be necessary for 09C. But that fact says something too. The difference between unboosted/boosted H3 is night and day, whereas that remains to be seen for 09C, but yes, absolutely, to do it for both would be a more fair comparison. 09C with booster could be a lot better, or not much change, or worse...

Reactions: matzreenzi
I totally agree on that point. It would be more reasonable to compare boosted versions of both sheets.

What I was trying to say is that it is absolutely necessary to boost H3 whereas it might not be necessary for 09C. But that fact says something too. The difference between unboosted/boosted H3 is night and day, whereas that remains to be seen for 09C, but yes, absolutely, to do it for both would be a more fair comparison. 09C with booster could be a lot better, or not much change, or worse...
I would agree on this and i hope Dan would apply the same amount of booster to the D09c also.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The review has a lot of issues - the benefit of H3 when it comes to spin isn't on spinning up the ball, it is on the fact that you can play with a low of power and still have no limit on the spin potential. This creates a major mental problem when you are used to facing Euro rubbers as the rotation on the ball is immense compared to the expectation of a similar stroke from a Euro rubber.

So it is kind of put out there by stating that on a shot where you can use more power (looping from the table), you can get more spin, but it also means that in reality, most Hurricane users will not be spinning up the ball the way Dan did.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I used H3 on my forehand for about 3 years solid,and to me to get the speed out of H3 is not how hard you hit but how fast and glaze the ball instead of flat hitting. Any way that was my experience .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
The review has a lot of issues - the benefit of H3 when it comes to spin isn't on spinning up the ball, it is on the fact that you can play with a low of power and still have no limit on the spin potential. This creates a major mental problem when you are used to facing Euro rubbers as the rotation on the ball is immense compared to the expectation of a similar stroke from a Euro rubber.

So it is kind of put out there by stating that on a shot where you can use more power (looping from the table), you can get more spin, but it also means that in reality, most Hurricane users will not be spinning up the ball the way Dan did.

Yes. And for practical purposes, a ball with lesser spin versus a ball with more spin that is moving at the same velocity, although they are technically the same speed, to an actual player, the ball with more spin is going to be "faster" due to the increased pressure the receiving player is put under, less time they have to adjust and make a viable return, the way the ball will kick forward, etc, this stuff all goes into perceived speed by the opponent receiving your shots. It's not simply the velocity.

Last edited: