Rubber not sticking to blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I've recently got rather fond of my old Innerforce ZLC blade with Tenergy 05 FH and 25 BH. The bat has been stored away in my cupboard for the past 3-4 years as I felt it was too fast and heavy. Problem is that the T05 keeps peeling away from the blade, I've reglued (with Neottec glue from TT11) twice in one week. The 25 seems okay. Purchased the blade approx 10 -15 years ago from Teesport and got it varnished. What should I do? Sand lightly? Add more layers of glue? I'm guessing the problem isn't the rubber, or is it? The T05 and 25 are about 4 years old but feel great i.e. when they stay on the bat. I've got a session with a coach tomorrow and would love to play with the bat.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I've recently got rather fond of my old Innerforce ZLC blade with Tenergy 05 FH and 25 BH. The bat has been stored away in my cupboard for the past 3-4 years as I felt it was too fast and heavy. Problem is that the T05 keeps peeling away from the blade, I've reglued (with Neottec glue from TT11) twice in one week. The 25 seems okay. Purchased the blade approx 10 -15 years ago from Teesport and got it varnished. What should I do? Sand lightly? Add more layers of glue? I'm guessing the problem isn't the rubber, or is it? The T05 and 25 are about 4 years old but feel great i.e. when they stay on the bat. I've got a session with a coach tomorrow and would love to play with the bat.

Hi,

I had a similar problem with a Tibhar blade, the top veneer had been Factory treated / sealed and was a grey colour and felt very slippery , glued on rubber, didn’t stick, so I rubbed down the faces with a fine sand paper to roughen it up slightly, after that no problems!!
i usually give any blades a light rub down before putting on new rubbers, I remove any glue still on the blade then a quick light rub down to ensure the blade is clean.
I’ve never experienced any issues with sponges, but that doesn’t mean it never happens.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Thanks to all for the replies, hoping I've got some fine sandpaper in the shed. Am I okay to go straight to sanding. IB66 - is that how you remove the glue or do you use a chemical remover?

for glue remaining on the blade and sponge I use my fingers and thumb !!!!!! Basically just rub til your finger / thumb pads bleed!!!!!!
any small residue on the blade is then rubbed off with the sand paper, too much excess glue can clog the sandpaper.
a good way to start removing glue from sponge is to use a table tennis ball, rub hard and the friction starts to lift the glue, if you’re lucky the glue can be peeled off, once you have an edge to work on it gets a bit easier!

Reactions: KMTT and Zaid323918
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Wouldn't that damage the blade surface? I only tried mild sanding.

It shouldn't. Steel wool also has grits (levels of abrasiveness). I've used steel wool to clean my guitar fingerboard. Great to remove finger grease.

814IqgNeRdL._AC_UX500_.jpg

It looks like this. We used it once when a local player used some form of goo to glue the rubbers... Limba surface wasn't damaged that day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
In all seriousness, in my experience the Neottec glue does suck. It is way too thin and does not seem to adhere very well. Perhaps try a different glue and make sure the glue dries clear before putting the blade and rubber together.

Reactions: KMTT