does jpen rpb have any advantage compared to cpen?

first, i don't want to try jpen rpb. i am totally a cpen. I saw some people somewhere saying that cpen's rpb hurt their fingers, but when they used jpen's rpb they didn't get hurt. have any professionals tried besides Dang Qiu in 2014/2015? and is there any real technical advantage over cpen? any improvement?</pre>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
first, i don't want to try jpen rpb. i am totally a cpen. I saw some people somewhere saying that cpen's rpb hurt their fingers, but when they used jpen's rpb they didn't get hurt. have any professionals tried besides Dang Qiu in 2014/2015? and is there any real technical advantage over cpen? any improvement?</pre>

I have played RPB in both styles for a significant amount of time.

Jpen RPB has the advantage of stable punching and blocking due to the more stable finger positioning. However you lose the flexibility in banana flick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I don't think there are any technical advantages, or even inherent differences in grip variations. But, Jpen blades are usually made more ergonomic, thinner neck, flatter handle back, and finger rest etc. This makes you naturally extend fingers on the back and redistribute pressure points. You can try extended fingers with cpen too.

Last edited: