• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. Top | #1
      Maximilian2016 is offline
      says Learning TT...
       
      TTD Member Country: Romania


      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      23
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

      Question Boosted rubber ?

      Hello,

      I just saw the video below and I am a little bit confused.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1wc8rG0R4

      Are these guys using booster or not? If they do not use the booster, what kind of treatment has been applied to their rubbers?
      If they are using booster, how they are using it since it is illegal as far as I know? Are they using VOC-free booster or speed glue? Are these substances allowed by ITTF?
      Are they using booster because only ITTF has banned it and they are not competing in an ITTF event?
      It is almost impossible to get that spring effect from a factory rubber / non-tuned rubber / untreated rubber. Probably you can get something very similar by using a tensor rubber on an OFF+ blade but even if you have such a setup you still cannot get that ridiculous amount of speed and spin.

      There are some exchanges in the match where they miss the ball and that ball goes like a bullet towards the mantle.
      At least on the forehand side where they have the rubber with the blue sponge which is probably DHS National Hurricane 3 / the NEO version of it, which non-tuned is hard as concrete, it is impossible to generate that spin/speed even if you kill the shot every single time which they don`t do every time; sometimes they just perform a block and the ball bounces back to their opponent like a rocket.


      BR.

    2. Top | #2
      Kuba Hajto is online now
      says A really witty and smart
      status should be here...
      Couldn't came up with one
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade A platinum special cardboard Viscaria wannabe clone
      Forehand Rubber A tacky chinese stuff, Scrubplayer considers garbage
      Backhand Rubber A bouncy one

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      762
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 259 Times in 188 Posts
      Hate to bring it to you. Booster is illegal only if it is detected. There are rumors that CNT has it's own test machines and test their rackets before they do actual test by ittf on tournament. They do allow some VOC. I don't know how much exactly, Chinese website say "0.5" without specifying units... You can do your own research on this topic.

      TL;DR: ITTF is ok with you boosting as long as you don't get caught.

    3. Top | #3
      48539260 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Antigua
      48539260's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Sword Customized
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 15 Stiff

      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      Hong Kong
      Posts
      34
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
      Only Hurricane 3 and Skyline are needed to be boosted by oil such as black oil by Haifu.

      The reason why ITTF is allowing them is because most of the professional rubbers are boosted/tensioned by oil by the factories before selling.

      For example, butterfly Tenergy and tihbar exvolution series are boosted too, therefore if you played a rubber for 6 months, the size of the rubber would be smaller than your blade, and the tension of the rubber was lost.

      And I don't recommend to boost a Hurricane 3 or Skyline because the market one and the national one are totally different things. The market one is just Pigskin.

      Sent from my VCE-L22 using Tapatalk

    4. Top | #4
      ttarc is online now
      says Needs more systematic training
       
      TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      37
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto View Post
      Hate to bring it to you. Booster is illegal only if it is detected. There are rumors that CNT has it's own test machines and test their rackets before they do actual test by ittf on tournament. They do allow some VOC. I don't know how much exactly, Chinese website say "0.5" without specifying units... You can do your own research on this topic.

      TL;DR: ITTF is ok with you boosting as long as you don't get caught.
      Actually there are some loopholes in the official ITTF rules besides factory-boosting...
      Ultimately ITTF would need to take (destructively) samples of each rubber and blade and use e.g. gas chromatography and x-ray to test them. But even if they did have reference values and tolerances from each manufacturer it would be impossible to tell in some cases if one of these parameters is out of the allowed range because of the player or because of some manufacturing/quality control issue.
      If the ITTF wants to continue that race they will lose or they resort to something like a unified range of blades and rubbers that everyone has to use/assemble under the supervision of an umpire or something like that.

    5. Top | #5
      Kuba Hajto is online now
      says A really witty and smart
      status should be here...
      Couldn't came up with one
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade A platinum special cardboard Viscaria wannabe clone
      Forehand Rubber A tacky chinese stuff, Scrubplayer considers garbage
      Backhand Rubber A bouncy one

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      762
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 259 Times in 188 Posts
      Even if racket is assembled near in the presence of the umpire some rubbers come precurrled. How would do they then know whether it's boosted or factory.

      Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6013 przy użyciu Tapatalka
      WTB Donic Ovtcharov / Original No.1 Senso

    6. Top | #6
      ttarc is online now
      says Needs more systematic training
       
      TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      37
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto View Post
      Even if racket is assembled near in the presence of the umpire some rubbers come precurrled. How would do they then know whether it's boosted or factory.

      Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6013 przy użyciu Tapatalka
      They would have to provide factory packaged rubbers and blades. Packages are then opened in the presence of an umpire and so on. They would even have to closely watch how a rubber is glued onto a blade otherwise one could heavily stretch it or use more glue layers than another player...

    7. The Following User Likes ttarc's Post:

      48539260 (08-12-2020)

    8. Top | #7
      Kuba Hajto is online now
      says A really witty and smart
      status should be here...
      Couldn't came up with one
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade A platinum special cardboard Viscaria wannabe clone
      Forehand Rubber A tacky chinese stuff, Scrubplayer considers garbage
      Backhand Rubber A bouncy one

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      762
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 259 Times in 188 Posts
      1. Some players hate playing with new rubbers.
      2. It is not that hard to repackage the rubber...

      Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

    9. The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

      48539260 (08-12-2020)

    10. Top | #8
      scrubplayer is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      May 2018
      Posts
      91
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
      "And I don't recommend to boost a Hurricane 3 or Skyline because the market one and the national one are totally different things. The market one is just Pigskin."

      I think there's really a need to have a rating attach to each username so people can weigh in on credibility when forum members spew opinions like that.

    11. The Following User Likes scrubplayer's Post:

      48539260 (08-12-2020)

    12. Top | #9
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      13,450
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,941 Times in 7,215 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by scrubplayer View Post
      "And I don't recommend to boost a Hurricane 3 or Skyline because the market one and the national one are totally different things. The market one is just Pigskin."

      I think there's really a need to have a rating attach to each username so people can weigh in on credibility when forum members spew opinions like that.
      I don't disagree. But some of that gets taken care of with # of posts and # of times the person says something that people hit the like button on. It is not perfect. You still need to use your own judgement. I can tell you know what you are talking about even if, there are times when your attitude could be better. The technical stuff about TT is always spot on. The personal stuff about humans, that could use some work.

      People can figure these things out. But, it is true, not always. Which is why I would call someone out for claiming he could hit harder than Hayata while being unwilling to show footage of his TT skills. (Clearly not you, just an example: you showed footage in one of your first posts; and, as far as TT technical info, whether on play or equipment, I have not heard anything I disagree with).
      Spin Everything.

    13. The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

      48539260 (08-12-2020)

    14. Top | #10
      zyu81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      366
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 290 Times in 171 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by scrubplayer View Post
      "And I don't recommend to boost a Hurricane 3 or Skyline because the market one and the national one are totally different things. The market one is just Pigskin."

      I think there's really a need to have a rating attach to each username so people can weigh in on credibility when forum members spew opinions like that.
      Doesn't really work when the majority of the forum does not have a US rating. That being said, after reading certain user's posts a few times you can get an idea of who does and doesn't know what they are talking about. When you see someone posting blatantly wrong stuff, you can point it out, and some people may take in the new information but some people might like to stay convinced they know everything when they clearly don't.

      Funny enough, oftentimes the better players will know less about the minor details of equipment, because they generally don't worry about those things in the same way that EJs do.
      Last edited by zyu81; 08-12-2020 at 03:45 PM.

    15. The Following 4 Users Like zyu81's Post:

      48539260 (08-12-2020),Der_Echte (08-12-2020),Kuba Hajto (08-12-2020),UpSideDownCarl (08-12-2020)

    16. Top | #11
      zyu81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      366
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 290 Times in 171 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by 48539260 View Post
      Only Hurricane 3 and Skyline are needed to be boosted by oil such as black oil by Haifu.

      The reason why ITTF is allowing them is because most of the professional rubbers are boosted/tensioned by oil by the factories before selling.

      For example, butterfly Tenergy and tihbar exvolution series are boosted too, therefore if you played a rubber for 6 months, the size of the rubber would be smaller than your blade, and the tension of the rubber was lost.

      And I don't recommend to boost a Hurricane 3 or Skyline because the market one and the national one are totally different things. The market one is just Pigskin.

      Sent from my VCE-L22 using Tapatalk
      "Needing to be boosted" is subjective. Pretty much every pro player boosts, not just the ones using Chinese rubbers. It's not just factory boosted. Players still boost the sheets before using it.

    17. The Following 4 Users Like zyu81's Post:

      48539260 (08-12-2020),Der_Echte (08-12-2020),Kuba Hajto (08-12-2020),UpSideDownCarl (08-12-2020)

    18. Top | #12
      TTstyle is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: China
      TTstyle's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3
      Backhand Rubber T05

      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      78
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
      Where do you buy the boost from?

    19. Top | #13
      gekogark1212 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia


      Join Date
      May 2016
      Posts
      68
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
      Literally any TT shop

    20. Top | #14
      Kuba Hajto is online now
      says A really witty and smart
      status should be here...
      Couldn't came up with one
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade A platinum special cardboard Viscaria wannabe clone
      Forehand Rubber A tacky chinese stuff, Scrubplayer considers garbage
      Backhand Rubber A bouncy one

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      762
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 259 Times in 188 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zyu81 View Post
      "Needing to be boosted" is subjective. Pretty much every pro player boosts, not just the ones using Chinese rubbers. It's not just factory boosted. Players still boost the sheets before using it.
      I kinda agree. But I think that for us mere mortals boosting makes sense mostly for Chinese rubbers. Breaking in rubbers with hardness 39+ (from my experience) was noticeable harder than those boosted ones. Giving a fresh rubber even a coat of baby oil made it easier to use initially (despite speed increase being negligible) (tested on Jupiter 2s and 729 Battle 2 prov).

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP