Liang Jingkun's Rubbers (Chinese Warm-up Olympics)

I think it just became available in mainland China 2 months ago and Hong Kong a month ago. It should become available in the coming months for official distributors in the rest of the world.

It's available in China at least 1 year ago. I bought a few from taobao last year

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
That's likely the 37° RED H3 that CNT has been using for several years. ML first changed to it after losing to ZJK in the World Cup 2014. Many others use it on their BH now. It has been available to the market for quite some years. It was finally released to the market a few months ago as a separate model - 狂飚3-37柔(Hurricane 3 - 37 Soft). The sponge is in orange.

https://twitter.com/momoneko_ttc/status/1254791303516139521
OMyfdxe.jpg

Before that, WLQ and XX first changed to #17(white sponge, unknown hardness) and #60(yellow sponge, many say 38°) under H3 topsheet in 2014, respectively.

LJK has been playing H3x2. That's old news. What's unusual in his case is the color is switched. One unconfirmed source, a shop owner :rolleyes:, says [email protected]° and [email protected]°. Another says RED@43° and BLACK@41°.

A 4-hour-long video in which CCTV-5 reporter Li Wujun spoke at length with Hou Yingchao and Zhang Chao on the Tokyo 2020 Simulation Tournament was posted on 9/4.

At 2:47:41, Zhang Chao shared his view on the match b/w FZD and LJK, and pointed out LJK played with RED@43°/2.1mm and [email protected]°/2.1mm. Zhang Chao had a few hits with it, saying "I have a pretty strong BH here, but I couldn't play with it..."

@2:47:41
https://m.yangshipin.cn/video?type=0&vid=x000028zkda

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Wow! Look at his body mass anw! I’m pretty proud that I’m ok with 40 on the forehand!

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Why don’t you let us know, would you not have a spare BS lying around when you already use OS?

I guess my opinion on this forum is why wake a thread when the path of least resistance would be to add value with your own thoughts instead of seeking others?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
have people tested the h3 BS in BH? I'm looking for opinions

I'm thinking about testing it, I'm better with the orange sponge in FH but I have a very aggressive backhand in block/counter style...
As long as it's hard enough and is boosted well enough. I play around with my 41 degree BS on my backhand sometimes. It's fast alright, but for passive blocking, counters, it doesn't have enough catapult.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Why don’t you let us know, would you not have a spare BS lying around when you already use OS?

I guess my opinion on this forum is why wake a thread when the path of least resistance would be to add value with your own thoughts instead of seeking others?
I wanted to know if anyone had already done it and get opinions before launching into the idea,

it's only a project and I don't have a BS, since I play in orange sponge

and Why start a new topic when a topic already exists

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hmmm okay fair enough.

I don’t use H3 personally, though I believe not many people have the strength to hit into the denser blue sponge on the backhand wing loopwise, hence why everyone that buys it would put it on the forehand side, where naturally it is a bigger stroke and more power can be generated.

Theoretically in my mind for a block/counter style, the tackiness and deadness of the BS would dampen a down type block, so you would need to counter with ALOT of topspin to make a penetrative shot with forward kicking momentum. Adding this type of spin to a reactive topsheet would not be optimised and is super high difficulty - again theoretically you would want something with more spring and/or non tackiness to be able to pressure your opponent through the support of extra speed.

Hence for a block/counter type game you will need:

- Support from an elastic sponge ~ BS does not have this unless you can be bothered boosting with at least a few layers every couple of weeks. Is this really a good use? Doesn’t seem fit for purpose in my eyes

- Non spin sensitive topsheet ~ H3 is known as the spinniest rubber on the market today. To be able to generate spin means there is also the by product of being affected by spin with how to topsheet grabs the ball. Without the spring of softer sponge i.e. ~37 deg you will need to both generate the spin to overcome the topspin coming at you as well as input the power from your technique.

So unless you are just happy giving controlled dampening blocks then by all means you can try. Though eventually your opponent if they are any decent will catch on to the rhythm and be able to pick you off. There’s not enough potency imo. Again the goal is optimisation and there are other rubbers much better for this at an equivalent hardness.