Rally of the year 2011 (official)

What is your vote for the rally of the year 2011??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I voted for the doubles rally - great rally made greater by the complexities of team work.

But, for me, the standout match of the year was clearly Ma Long vs Tokic. Tokic left absolutely nothing in his bag; he threw everything possible at Ma and pushed him to places he never thought he'd have to go. In the add-ons there are a couple more clips from that same match, which suggests that overall its standard was amazingly high.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Someone, who is the guy playing against Mattenet in 06:00? Chuan-chih Yuan?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am surprised that there are not more people blown away by Michael Maze's defensive skills in that rally. Some of the balls he gets and how he turns it from offense to defense is very cool in my opinion. I get people liking some of those loop to loop rallies but the Maze rally is special with some of the shots he makes in it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I am surprised that there are not more people blown away by Michael Maze's defensive skills in that rally. Some of the balls he gets and how he turns it from offense to defense is very cool in my opinion. I get people liking some of those loop to loop rallies but the Maze rally is special with some of the shots he makes in it.

I think it would more apply for 'shot of the year' instead of rally of the year. The 2 lobs are incredible, but for the rest the rally is fairly common stuff. But of course he finishes it off nicely :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think it would more apply for 'shot of the year' instead of rally of the year. The 2 lobs are incredible, but for the rest the rally is fairly common stuff. But of course he finishes it off nicely :)

Yeah, you are probably right. But those two lobs are pretty wild. :)