H3Neo Provincial 39* wear pattern

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I’ve used a few sheets of this and keep getting the same wear in the middle. It eventually leads to loss of tack and me throwing it out before I expected to have to replace it. I’m wondering if this is typical wear with this rubber. It’s the neo provincial with the lighter orange sponge. I’ve used it for probably about 2-3 months. I play probably an average of 12 hrs/ week, give or take. I’ve used adhesive cover sheets, non-adhesive and none and they always seem to wesr out like this.
a5659ceaa9017957234b698ff5539e43.jpg

I don’t use the commercial stuff anymore but I am considering switching to the H3 provincial blue (non-neo). I’ve boosted before but don’t have like a set method for number of layers and all that and know exactly when to reboost. Worried that Ill end up having rubber that feels different every time I replace or slapping the ball with a brick b/c I didnt realize I needed to re-boost. If anybody has advice on what sponge hardness and booster layers to make the provincial non-neo feel similar to this sheet I’d be greatful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
First time I see a wrench pattern. Do you often train against a robot?

Well you are consistently hitting that area so it is expected to wear out fast. Also, if your contact with the ball is mostly brushing, that is normal.
I use seamon 3 layers initial and 2 layers after 3 weeks to reboost.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Yeah. People say H3 lasts longer than Butterfly which doesn’t seem true to me. It works ok but it looks rather messy After just 2 month hitting. My club mates say it could be illegal in tournament but well...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks for the replies. So it does seem to be a typical life span of the rubber from the replies. That is what I needed to know. Also, 3 weeks to reboost.. that probably means I needed to do that a long time ago. I probably adjusted without realizing the sponge was different.

I was using a robot quite a bit when I first applied this sheet. Also, could have something to do with the fact that I was training and blocking often with a player who hits very hard shots.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
NEW RUBBER TECHNOLOGY -- TACKINESS EVERLASTING.
https://www.eacheng.net/Double-Fish-Qiji-High-Bounce-Elastic-p1121115.html

LVTKOaJNeu4.jpg

Is it just a hype? In search for a truthful answer I did consult our domestic Rubber Plant's chemical scholars. They refered me to the Ph.Henry Fischer's Patent of 1934. Yes, this innovative rubber by Double Fish would keep tacky for many months through using the Fischer's rubber formulation.

[size=+1]TACKINESS EVERLASTING IS A REALITY, NO HYPE.[/size]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks for the replies. So it does seem to be a typical life span of the rubber from the replies. That is what I needed to know. Also, 3 weeks to reboost.. that probably means I needed to do that a long time ago. I probably adjusted without realizing the sponge was different.

I was using a robot quite a bit when I first applied this sheet. Also, could have something to do with the fact that I was training and blocking often with a player who hits very hard shots.

You don’t need to reboost that often. It’s up to you do decide how much degradation effect is acceptable. I used to play >10hour a week just practise looping. I do 2 layers straight on the rubber (no glue), reboost every 2 months with 1 layer, twice. So it runs for 1/2 year. After that it still ok, tacky and bouncy, but looks “unprofessional” and quite mushier than a new piece. (ESN rubber probably lasts the same or even less anyway)

NEW RUBBER TECHNOLOGY -- TACKINESS EVERLASTING.
https://www.eacheng.net/Double-Fish-Qiji-High-Bounce-Elastic-p1121115.html

cache.php

Is it just a hype? In search for a truthful answer I did consult our domestic Rubber Plant's chemical scholars. They refered me to the Ph.Henry Fischer's Patent of 1934. Yes, this innovative rubber by Double Fish would keep tacky for many months through using the Fischer's rubber formulation.

[SIZE=+1]TACKINESS EVERLASTING IS A REALITY, NO HYPE.[/SIZE]

These Double Fish rubbers were released in 2018 already. Some reviews said that it is quite hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
I've had mine for about 4 months now. Playing around 5-9hrs per week. I use Donic Adhesive sheets and use the butterfly foam cleaner in between training bouts and matches at tournaments, and at the end of my sessions. Also applying SpinMax Aqueous once a month. After 4 months the tackiness is still there at about 80-90%. Maybe try a different supplier to try and eliminate that variable? Is it genuine stock? I have similar wear on the DHS logo as I use finger grip on my serves, but not as much on the top sheet!