The most popular blade

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
May, 2011-NOW: Viscaria FL, hands down. The only model that achieves a stable positive feedback loop in price.

May, 2001-May, 2011: Offensive Classic CR, Clipper CR, Extra, Extra Offensive, Hurricane King, Ebenholz V, Rosewood V

Pre-Y2K: Nittaku Avalox P500, P700

Last edited:
May, 2011-NOW: Viscaria FL, hands down. The only model that achieves a stable positive feedback loop in price.

May, 2001-May, 2011: Offensive Classic CR, Clipper CR, Extra, Extra Offensive, Hurricane King, Ebenholz V, Rosewood V

what about w968 and other DHS blades? As well as Stiga Dynasty? There were some players using those blades on Chinese mock olympics. Not as many as Viscarias though.

Does anyone still use all wood DHS w506 ? Or probably easier to get Clipper CR these days I guess..

what about w968 and other DHS blades? As well as Stiga Dynasty? There were some players using those blades on Chinese mock olympics. Not as many as Viscarias though.

Does anyone still use all wood DHS w506 ? Or probably easier to get Clipper CR these days I guess..

I think it is based on the number of people using Viscaria. Dynasty may be used by pros on CNT but it is still not that popular compared to viscaria

Jan 2018

Even when talks of 506 and W968 peaked between 2012-2014 and 2015-2017, Viscaria was more popular. The buzz has died down substantially in the past few years after the scandal of HL 5 and all that "custom-made" crap got out of hand where many were conned.

Dynasty Carbon has also died off after the first people who got their hands on one posted nice pictures of the top ply splintering.

Last edited:
Even when talks of 506 and W968 peaked between 2012-2014 and 2015-2017, Viscaria was more popular. The buzz has died down substantially in the past few years after the scandal of HL 5 and all that "custom-made" crap got out of hand where many were conned.

Dynasty Carbon has also died off after the first people who got their hands on one posted nice pictures of the top ply splintering.

Man that's some serious stuff with HL5 fakes. So these days it's better to get Butterfly or Stiga market blade to be 'self-satisfied' with the fact, that I can play with the same gear as top tier players?

I wanted to get either Long 3 or Long 5, because Viscaria is just too fast for me. Looks like it's better to look out for something with inner ALC and Limba outer from Butterfly, rather than DHS. I've tested PG-7 and it's quite alright for the price, but definitely not the same quality.