Are tournaments and leagues running in your Country?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Sep 2020
MOG has been a very naughty boy on the forum. He has been posting about anything and everything and upsetting the moderators!! He is very upset about being banned. I am his good friend and I am trying to support him through these troubling times!!

Sadly I have to listen to all his psychotic ramblings about bats and rubbers and ABS balls!

I have a question, I would like to know why MOG has been banned ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a question, I would like to know why MOG has been banned ?

MOG has been a very naughty boy on the forum. He has been posting about anything and everything and upsetting the moderators!! He is very upset about being banned. I am his good friend and I am trying to support him through these troubling times!!

Sadly I have to listen to all his psychotic ramblings about bats and rubbers and ABS balls!

Here is the actual answer to violiniste's question.

Judas, I made the post below in response to your thread on the subject. Feel free to PM me and I am happy to give MOG a way to get back on the forum sooner. He really did not make me upset or any of the other moderators. I was worried that he was obsessing about something in a way that was out of proportion to the reality of the fun that Table Tennis Daily should be for members.

Guys. MOG has just been given a few weeks away from the forum. Private messages from behind the scenes caused me to be worried, in all actuality about his mental health.

On the evening of 8/23, MOG started bombarding me with a crazy number of Private Messages. The content of the messages started with content like: "I want you to delete all the posts I ever made and all the threads I ever created and I want to start over." Now, despite the fact that MOG was asking me to do something that would take HOURS, Days, a lot of work, it is something we do not do. I told MOG he could delete his own posts.

By the end of a string of somewhere between 10-20 PMs that got stranger and stranger, I started suggesting he took a two week break from the forum and come back after that was over. Two weeks from the date was September 8th.

I told him, I could institute a temporary 2 week ban, that it would not reflect that he did anything wrong. It would just ensure that he stayed away from the forum for two weeks. OR, that he could stay away for 2 weeks on his own.

Now, I am in NYC. He is, as far as I am given to understand, in UK. The Private Messages were at 7pm, 8pm, 10pm, 1am, 2am 4am 6am. They were straight through the night. Now 6am my time is not so worrisome because that would be a reasonable hour where MOG is. But the PMs that were between 9pm and 3am my time were sort of concerning because they indicated to me that MOG was not sleeping. And all his PMs were agitated.

And the last PMs were him demanding that I delete posts from other members that were making comments that were quite exactly like some of the comments MOG makes to and about other people when he is baiting them.

So that is when I said he no longer had the option to take two weeks away from the forum. That he had too.

When I told him that, he kept posting. And I told him I meant it that he needed to take two weeks off.

So, then he created a second profile and began posting under a new profile. Now, that is MOG DEFINITELY, without question, breaking a forum rule. Dan can post from the Dan account and from the TableTennisDaily account. But no normal member can make a second (sock puppet) identity to post content. So, I banned the second account permanently and gave MOG a two week ban. September 8th is next Tuesday. I see nothing preventing MOG from becoming a productive member of TTDaily after the two weeks. But something was going on that night. And I felt, him spending time away from the forum was better for his health. I mean, this is table tennis. It is supposed to be fun. If you can rib someone and have fun with it, then it coming the other way really should not cause a melt down. This is supposed to be a fun and constructive community.

But, Judas, I do have to ask you, WHO ARE YOU? Your account is brand new as of today. You have the photo of MOG that he used as his profile photo. If you don't want to reveal who you are to the forum, feel free to PM me. But, I would like to be sure you are not another alternate profile from MOG.

MOG has not really done anything wrong aside from being a bit obsesses which is the purpose of cooling him off. But, if he wants to email me, I can sort out with him whether he is ready to come back sooner than September 8th. If you PM me, I can give you an email to give him for that purpose. But, if you are MOG, then I would assume September 8th is an intelligent date.

Reactions: quanghuysk
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW: MOG was posting on MyTT and I thought that was a fine solution for the two weeks. Since it is similar. But it is a slightly different group so, it might not create the same melodrama for him what ever was getting under MOG's skin that Sunday Night 8/23.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Mog posted only once there as far as I could tell. Evidently it did not give him the same pleasure.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
MyTT isn't that interesting unless USATT politics or US olympics trials policies is your no.1 hobby.

Perhaps I shouldn't promote another forum here, but I only will mention that there are 46 threads on page 1 of MyTT and exactly ONE comes even close to that description (it's about travel across state lines in Covid-19). Which is actually a bit related to the topic of THIS thread. Most are EJ threads, there is one on ordering equipment in a pandemic, technique threads, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
MyTT isn't that interesting unless USATT politics or US olympics trials policies is your no.1 hobby.

Sadly, MyTT nowadays is literally this

cache.php

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It could be that this reflects current state of TT in North America, which is still a dicey place to play TT because of Covid-19. If you're not playing you may not want to post.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess everyone has their preferences. But I feel it is a good forum and has a lot of knowledgeable members and good on equipment info.

Besides, when someone posts mostly in threads of his own making, it may not make that much difference which forum. :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Perhaps I shouldn't promote another forum here, but I only will mention that there are 46 threads on page 1 of MyTT and exactly ONE comes even close to that description (it's about travel across state lines in Covid-19). Which is actually a bit related to the topic of THIS thread. Most are EJ threads, there is one on ordering equipment in a pandemic, technique threads, etc.

Mostly EJ THREADS ???!!! What a surprise. I see Baal really trying to engage discussion about technique or tactics... but at the end of a New York Minute, the right hand urges of the crowd there pound on hte fanboy EJ button like it is a PANIC BUTTON.

panic 1.jpg

I wouldn't make any difference if I protested that line of thought over there like I sometimes do here....

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Don't get me wrong, Der. I think most EJ threads are pointless on any forum and you may recall how often I have mocked them. The only thing worse is a "guess the rating" thread which thankfully you never see here. I'm just saying that the description of the most common topics above was not remotely accurate. It is a North American forum, just as this one has lots of posters from the UK, but both forums have many posters from other places.

To be honest, I'm not sure I personally have much left to say sbout TT. A few years back we could at least complain about balls and I spent a lot of time testing and weighing every new one that came out.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You may or may not remember that the greatest TT forum EVER was made on the foundation of getting together to discuss the utter nonsense postings at the large TT forums of that day - MyTT, Dennis TT World, and About.com... without the forums' people posting the craziest nonsense, that great forum would have NEVER come into existance... I do not rememebr too many active members of TTD who were on that forum.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yet Baal is correct about longtime well established forum members who no longer have a lot to say about TT on hte forums... since they covered it a hundred times each already. Just about all the long time big post number members t OOAK do not actively post much of at all.

Doesn't mean they do not watch the forum, it is like Baal said, not much left to say any more. Already been said so much.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
On the flip side, they are so many possible great contributors who will never sign up and discuss... Scoobie Doo constantly sees the "You gotta get a Super ZJK and 2x Diginic 09c or BUST, MX-P lasts only a couple months and goes bad, and FX-S is weak with little spin threads and comments...

He gets to laughing so hard, it is damn difficult to recover and rememebr the email password after all that laughing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Scoobir Doo currently sporting a P900 or Octcharov Carbon Senso with 2x MX-P... those sheets are 6 months old each... and on his slow loops, you gunna block ball off the table and hit his doubles partner square in the eye...

MX-P is playable for a very long time unless you don’t mind the catapult going from extreme to nonexistent. A lot of H3 players would probably appreciate the feel of a 6 weeks+ old sheet of MX-P. Personally I live on changing the pace when twiddling after executing an LP chop and executing a BH loop with MX-P. I quite often catch very experienced players off guard. I can not do this from 2-4m without the catapult.