Dhs H301x vs H301

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Based on composition and great reviews, I was going to buy an H301. Went to the website and there’s a 2020 version H301x. Manufacturer says it has thicker core for more power on hard shots. I’m wondering if anybody has tried both and can describe differences.

I currently use Andro Treiber Z and its a good blade, but I tend to miss my counter topspin shots, they go long often. Also, it’s a bit fast in general. Hoping to find something a bit slower but still attacking blade, good for H3, good for counter topspin, and easy on the wallet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: h117
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Based on composition and great reviews, I was going to buy an H301. Went to the website and there’s a 2020 version H301x. Manufacturer says it has thicker core for more power on hard shots. I’m wondering if anybody has tried both and can describe differences.

I currently use Andro Treiber Z and its a good blade, but I tend to miss my counter topspin shots, they go long often. Also, it’s a bit fast in general. Hoping to find something a bit slower but still attacking blade, good for H3, good for counter topspin, and easy on the wallet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stiga Nostalgic offensive. Speed comparable to many ALC blades with great feel and control. $63 USD from outshine sport on eBay. You won’t miss a shot as control is so great.

I played with H301. It’s fast. But the feel is muted. The finish is poor.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I switched to h301 from persson powerplay for the new season. Compared to that the 301 has more medium gears, thus faster on average shots, but max power is about the same. Also the throw is higher, way higher than usual carbon blades, but block and smash still very controllable. Haven't tried 301x yet, might try at some point. Maybe I would like it if the thicker core makes it slightly more powerful and stiff.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
it seems to be a copy of the butterfly alc innerforce, interesting enough Butterfly's newer version features a thinner core rather than a thicker one. This gave them the possibility to bring the carbon/kevlar layer closer to the centre. I have never tried this one but the ALC innerforce is a little honey of a paddle.

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
I will be reviewing DHS Hurricane 301 vs 301x shortly. For now, here is a visual comparison.