Wrist pain

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Repetitive stress can cause tendons to degenerate because cells in the tendons called tenocytes change their properties. This is not even an entirely inflammatory process. If you rest it comes back (take a couple weeks). This limits the effectiveness of thjngs like cortisone, NSAIDs and even ice. Like Carl says, I wouldn't even do massage for awhile. And when you come back you need to make a change or it will recur. For example a change in grip, handle shape, or racket weight or you will just be dealing with it again.

Resting an injury is one the hardest things any athlete ever has to do. Nobody wants to do it. Sometimes you have to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
So at the moment i dont have pain. If i work at the pc longer the pain starts. i have a mouse where i can hold my hand straight but still longer there is pain.

so at least it does not come from tabletennis

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So at the moment i dont have pain. If i work at the pc longer the pain starts. i have a mouse where i can hold my hand straight but still longer there is pain.

so at least it does not come from tabletennis

That part is hard to say It might come from the mouse. However, at least as likely, it might come from table tennis and also be aggravated by working on a computer. Or it could even be the result of the combination.

The first thing to think is, does the pain appear faster and present with more intensity when you start looping than when you are on the computer. And if the answer is yes, to either, or both of those, then, the activity that aggravates it more and faster is the one that aggravates it more and faster.

But, likely you need to avoid both.

Switch your mouse to your left hand for a few weeks. Because what you described is honestly not such a good sign. Lots of people get repetitive stress issues from typing or from the use of a mouse. And they are not any better than the ones from the use of a TT racket. And if you are getting symptoms when you hit and when you work at a computer, it just isn't such a good sign. So rest that wrist.

Last edited: