Um... Hi!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I've been on this forum for a few months now and I felt like I haven't properly introduced myself before I came to the forums.

So, hello! I am Andre and I am a Filipino residing in Qatar with my family.

My playing style is currently Chinese penhold (wanting to start with short pips on the forehand, but not yet). I'm somewhat a beginner, due to me starting at a late age, just getting myself to know more of the basic strokes, techniques and serves. I usually research stats on rubbers, but never tried them myself :)

Well, that's about me for now.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
You want to use on BH or FH? I've seen few of FH pips users with penhold, but never with BH. I am just curious.

Don't think that's really a relevant question to PH. You play the overwhelming majority of your shots with PH on the FH rubber anyway.

The only real exception being the rpb, which you can't really do very well with a pips rubber.

You could of course twiddle, to confuse the opponent, but if you are twiddling, then there's no real dedicated BH and FH rubbers.

That's probably why you havn't seen pips on the BH for PH, they are terrible RPB rubbers, and penholders don't use their backhand rubber for any other shot (except serve, some twiddle just to serve with a grippy rubber)

Last edited:
Reactions: AndreDoesTT687
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Don't think that's really a relevant question to PH. You play the overwhelming majority of your shots with PH on the FH rubber anyway.

The only real exception being the rpb, which you can't really do very well with a pips rubber.

You could of course twiddle, to confuse the opponent, but if you are twiddling, then there's no real dedicated BH and FH rubbers.

That's probably why you havn't seen pips on the BH for PH, they are terrible RPB rubbers, and penholders don't use their backhand rubber for any other shot (except serve, some twiddle just to serve with a grippy rubber)

Oh sorry, forgot to edit my post, but to answer your response, I meant to use short pips on the forehand side. I have another racket that had short pips on it. While i tried using those short pips for RPB, I couldn't help but notice that the shots I make with a short pips backhand doesn't help me with improving RPB.

So it's a big no-no to short pips RPB.

Last edited: