Back to Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 117 257
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 257 117
    Quote Originally Posted by iammaru
    It’s not a theory. Wang Hao was exactly what you describe. I believe if prime Wang Hao was playing now, he’d still be at least in the top 10 (if not 5).

I think you're not being generous enough. Prime Wang Hao as he was No 1 back in his time, very well could be No 1 today too. In fact in his time the top 10 was even stronger than today. There are like 3-4 players in top 10 now I bet even at 38 he could beat if he was still active.
    Look at Hao Shuai, he's butchering pretty much everyone in T league and the guy can barely walk anymore and is around 38 too...

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 90 187
    I
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 187 90

User Info Menu

Mar 2014
    Vietnam
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill

I think you're not being generous enough. Prime Wang Hao as he was No 1 back in his time, very well could be No 1 today too. In fact in his time the top 10 was even stronger than today. There are like 3-4 players in top 10 now I bet even at 38 he could beat if he was still active.
    Look at Hao Shuai, he's butchering pretty much everyone in T league and the guy can barely walk anymore and is around 38 too...

Yes i rate Wang Hao very high, one of my fav players, but since it’s only in theory, i want to keep it as realistic as possible. Well he could have trouble with FZD and ML (who has improved a lot since 2011-2013 when he lost important matches against WH). So top 5 is likely and top 10 is no doubt (for me).

says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Advanced TTD Member 238 396
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Advanced TTD Member 396 238
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill

The decline in average skill level of top ten players is interesting. I think it might be because of the older generation declining, and the new generation not as ready to take over. From my POV, the society here in China has noticeably less enthusiasm for TT as in the 2000s and the early 2010s. Less classmates play, and the schools don’t push it as much.

Modestly, Leo

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 117 257
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 257 117
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong

The decline in average skill level of top ten players is interesting. I think it might be because of the older generation declining, and the new generation not as ready to take over. From my POV, the society here in China has noticeably less enthusiasm for TT as in the 2000s and the early 2010s. Less classmates play, and the schools don’t push it as much.

Well I guess the same phenomena as everywhere else just a bit delayed? Kids enjoying their consoles too much, and there is no replay or ragequiting in sports. And it's sweaty and hot and cold, you're not drinking with your best buds, your mom nags you about dirty clothes etc...
    But not just tabletennis, it's a common thing with all sports, but some sports are still more attractive since even if you suck you can earn good money. (like football)

The Following User Likes Zwill's Post:

PingBirdPong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12