Tenergy 05fx on forehand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello there!
Right now I'm testing out the tenergy 05 on both sides. I've played with it a little a time ago and is trying it again. I will now try 05fx on backhand and I think that could suit me. But do you have any experience with 05fx on forehand. Can that work too? How does for example the counter topspins hold up?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I know a guy who is a pretty decent level and hits with more power than a lot of pros who uses T05fx on both sides. He was a tennis pro so power in his table tennis stroke is not his issue. And he likes how, with softer rubbers you can feel more.

Didn't Lebesson use FXP on both sides when he won European Championships in 2016? FXP is not that different in terms of hardness compared to 05fx. Nothing wrong with using medium soft rubber for either wing.

And, as Kolev suggested, twiddling the racket around to feel how 05fx feels on FH when you have it on BH is a safe way to try it before you commit to buying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
It depends on your game, really. I have T05FX on Mizutani's FH and like it a lot, it's convenient and precise in short game and open ups. Off the table counter topspins are doable but you have to be precise -- I guess that's more or less universal for soft sponges. The problem is I really lack power playing this set-up against more advanced people. If the opponent makes few steps away from the table I could loop forever into backhand -- there's just not enough venom to kill the point.

Now T05 on mizutani I already don't like as much as I like it on Vega Pro blade. And T05FX is absolutely terrible on Vega Pro's FH... oh sweet EJing... (:)

Btw, the sound of t05fx on mizutani -- is just something, I enjoy it a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hello there!
Right now I'm testing out the tenergy 05 on both sides. I've played with it a little a time ago and is trying it again. I will now try 05fx on backhand and I think that could suit me. But do you have any experience with 05fx on forehand. Can that work too? How does for example the counter topspins hold up?

I have played with T05FX on Timo Boll Spirit and Timo Boll ZLF blades. On the forehand side I would say that T05 normal is better because it is harder and it will help you on short game/serve returns because it will be less springy than T05FX (of course, both T05 and T05FX are springy). I have used T05FX on the the same blades on the backhand side and it suits very well for me because it will give me that extra power that I need on the backhand side.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hello there!

05FX can work on the FH. If you find it too soft or slow on the FH and find 05 too fast/hard, you can always get T80 on your forehand which sits somewhere in the middle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
In my opinion most people on this forum clinging too much on the mantra of hard rubbers are the best.

A hard rubber is maybe better if you stroke is perfect , footwork is perfect and timing is perfect.
But imo people overestimate this to the point that soft rubbers are bad.

For example Emmanuel Lebesson plays with an all wood blade and Evoltution FXs (which is softer then t05fx) on his forehand and he is 41 in the world and 2016 European Champion.

So,yes Tenergy05 FX isn't gonna stop you from reaching top 100 in the world , don't worry.

This user has no status.
In my opinion most people on this forum clinging too much on the mantra of hard rubbers are the best.

A hard rubber is maybe better if you stroke is perfect , footwork is perfect and timing is perfect.
But imo people overestimate this to the point that soft rubbers are bad.

For example Emmanuel Lebesson plays with an all wood blade and Evoltution FXs (which is softer then t05fx) on his forehand and he is 41 in the world and 2016 European Champion.

So,yes Tenergy05 FX isn't gonna stop you from reaching top 100 in the world , don't worry.

Totally agree, in fact I prefer soft rubbers too as I don't have yet the phisical I had when I was young... I never felt I had a lack of power using soft rubbers during the 3 different time as 38mm without glue, 38mm gluing, 40mm without glue.
It just depend if you are able to use your legs, your arm and twist of your body. That's specially right for the backhand when lot of people says they need more power...
I'll will show you how my backhand top spin is still powerful even close to 50 in a video later.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Totally agree, in fact I prefer soft rubbers too as I don't have yet the phisical I had when I was young... I never felt I had a lack of power using soft rubbers during the 3 different time as 38mm without glue, 38mm gluing, 40mm without glue.
It just depend if you are able to use your legs, your arm and twist of your body. That's specially right for the backhand when lot of people says they need more power...
I'll will show you how my backhand top spin is still powerful even close to 50 in a video later.
Hi all, well as said just 2 videos to show you my backhand top spin, the first is the "heating time" before training, backhand top spin starts at 5.00.
I was playing with Joola Explode Sensitive max both side.

https://youtu.be/tyQBEZ0rxk8

then the second an exercise serve then opening the game with backhand top spin. That was late 2012 and I was 45, with 6 month training after a 10 years breeak.

https://youtu.be/MjYx5PNVz6M

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
05fx is very very blade dependant.

On soft blades it can be very mushy, especially in Max.
On a softer blade it is better to use it in 1.9

On stiffer 7 ply wood or Carbon blades particularly with low throw in Max it is excellent for spinning the ball, and driving!!

This is based on me trying many many blades!!

I would not recommend 05 unless you are a very good technical player, 05fx is easier to get the spin out of until you reach a certain very high level. Especially on slower shots or not professional technically perfect shots!!

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
05fx is very very blade dependant.

On soft blades it can be very mushy, especially in Max.
On a softer blade it is better to use it in 1.9

On stiffer 7 ply wood or Carbon blades particularly with low throw in Max it is excellent for spinning the ball, and driving!!

This is based on me trying many many blades!!

I would not recommend 05 unless you are a very good technical player, 05fx is easier to get the spin out of until you reach a certain very high level. Especially on slower shots or not professional technically perfect shots!!

Totally agree, 05 FX is very blade dependent. Good on harder blades like Innerforce ALC, Viscaria, 7-plies... Not so much on softer blades like Primorac OFF-, Acoustic, Azalea, Virtuso OFF-... especially on the FH.

Reactions: MOG