Jupiter 3 Tour Blue Sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hello TTD-Follower,
Has anyone tried the Jupiter 3 tour blue sponge?
Does the rubber need boosting or is the factory boosting enough?
How fast is it?

I am really interested in this rubber but I couldn't find anything about it?

Cheers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Tried this before. A bit more pleasant feeling than those big dippers. Spin is good but not as much as H3 but it felt livelier and easier to use.
I tried quite a lot sticky rubbers but no one seems to fit my playing style really. I play a fast loop drive game where I open up slow spinny just if the ball is short.
Hybrids like Rakza Z, K2 help more in the spin game rather in the fast game.
The Dianchi d was great but factory boosting wears off quickly. D09C is not forgiving enough.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Well most decent Chinese rubbers will do both well. It's about prioritising which part of the game you're more keen on.

On the half long balls, do you want more spin and control, or just consistency and ease of opening?

In the open rally, do you want more speed less control, or more spin and higher arc?

I tried quite a lot sticky rubbers but no one seems to fit my playing style really. I play a fast loop drive game where I open up slow spinny just if the ball is short.
Hybrids like Rakza Z, K2 help more in the spin game rather in the fast game.
The Dianchi d was great but factory boosting wears off quickly. D09C is not forgiving enough.

Omega 7 China Guang or Rakza Z Extra Hard might help. What are the specific things are you really looking for?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Well most decent Chinese rubbers will do both well. It's about prioritising which part of the game you're more keen on.

On the half long balls, do you want more spin and control, or just consistency and ease of opening?

In the open rally, do you want more speed less control, or more spin and higher arc?
I want more spin with half longs with good speed.
In the open rally I rather like more speed. Shouldn't be too difficuilt to open up. Tried the H3 prov 40 boosted and this rubber has it all but the boosting is the problem.

@yogi bear
A rubber which is Easy in short game (like most Chinese rubber) which adds more spin to my mainly speed focused looping game.(power loop).
I play close to the table and step back during open rally du mid distance.

I want more spin with half longs with good speed.
In the open rally I rather like more speed. Shouldn't be too difficuilt to open up. Tried the H3 prov 40 boosted and this rubber has it all but the boosting is the problem.

@yogi bear
A rubber which is Easy in short game (like most Chinese rubber) which adds more spin to my mainly speed focused looping game.(power loop).
I play close to the table and step back during open rally du mid distance.

Vega China, Xiom Tau II aside from the ones I mentioned.

Reactions: [email protected]
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Omega 7 China Guang or Rakza Z Extra Hard might help. What are the specific things are you really looking for?
Can you compare the Jupiter 3 and the omega 7 China Guang?
I would totally try it if they will sell it in Europe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Keep in mind that Yinhe uses that weird technology where topsheet consists of 2 pieces. It decreases durability in some cases. I punched through the tacky top layer in 3 months. If the rubber costs 15-20$ its not a big deal, you get new and fresh one and its all ok, but if rubber costs 30-40$ its tougher sell to me. Used Vega China and its great. Jupiter 2 is great and cheap. Using Jupiter 2 and some booster is good option. Battle 2 prov is also above average.

There is actually a different Jupiter III. It is sold in EURO and ASIA versions, with the price a bit higher than the original Jupiter II. I've from some online reviews of EURO versions, and it seems the topsheet tack on these is similar to what I am used to with Big Dipper rubbers - that there is an initial tack there but goes away almost completely after a while.

Is there anyone here who's been trying ASIA versions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I just ordered a sheet of Jupiter 3 Asia 39d after reading some convincing reviews. The reviews called it a hybrid even faster than Razka Z. If it truly is a replacement for Rakza Z at 1/3 the price, then that is very attractive for me.