Back to Forum
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 21
    T
    Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 0

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2019
    Germany
    21
    0
    98
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Jupiter 3 Tour Blue Sponge

    Hello TTD-Follower,
    Has anyone tried the Jupiter 3 tour blue sponge?
    Does the rubber need boosting or is the factory boosting enough?
    How fast is it?

    I am really interested in this rubber but I couldn't find anything about it?

    Cheers!

  2. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,870 5,961
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,961 2,870
    #2
    Tried this before. A bit more pleasant feeling than those big dippers. Spin is good but not as much as H3 but it felt livelier and easier to use.

  3. Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 21
    T
    Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 0

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2019
    Germany
    21
    0
    98
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    Tried this before. A bit more pleasant feeling than those big dippers. Spin is good but not as much as H3 but it felt livelier and easier to use.
    I tried quite a lot sticky rubbers but no one seems to fit my playing style really. I play a fast loop drive game where I open up slow spinny just if the ball is short.
    Hybrids like Rakza Z, K2 help more in the spin game rather in the fast game.
    The Dianchi d was great but factory boosting wears off quickly. D09C is not forgiving enough.
    Last edited by Torbspin; 08-27-2020 at 09:47 PM.

  4. gekogark1212 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 25 92
    G
    gekogark1212 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 92 25

    User Info Menu


    May 2016
    Australia
    92
    25
    196
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    Well most decent Chinese rubbers will do both well. It's about prioritising which part of the game you're more keen on.

    On the half long balls, do you want more spin and control, or just consistency and ease of opening?

    In the open rally, do you want more speed less control, or more spin and higher arc?

  5. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,870 5,961
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,961 2,870
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Torbspin
    I tried quite a lot sticky rubbers but no one seems to fit my playing style really. I play a fast loop drive game where I open up slow spinny just if the ball is short.
    Hybrids like Rakza Z, K2 help more in the spin game rather in the fast game.
    The Dianchi d was great but factory boosting wears off quickly. D09C is not forgiving enough.
    Omega 7 China Guang or Rakza Z Extra Hard might help. What are the specific things are you really looking for?

  6. Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 21
    T
    Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 0

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2019
    Germany
    21
    0
    98
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gekogark1212
    Well most decent Chinese rubbers will do both well. It's about prioritising which part of the game you're more keen on.

    On the half long balls, do you want more spin and control, or just consistency and ease of opening?

    In the open rally, do you want more speed less control, or more spin and higher arc?
    I want more spin with half longs with good speed.
    In the open rally I rather like more speed. Shouldn't be too difficuilt to open up. Tried the H3 prov 40 boosted and this rubber has it all but the boosting is the problem.

    @yogi bear
    A rubber which is Easy in short game (like most Chinese rubber) which adds more spin to my mainly speed focused looping game.(power loop).
    I play close to the table and step back during open rally du mid distance.

  7. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,870 5,961
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,961 2,870
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Torbspin
    I want more spin with half longs with good speed.
    In the open rally I rather like more speed. Shouldn't be too difficuilt to open up. Tried the H3 prov 40 boosted and this rubber has it all but the boosting is the problem.

    @yogi bear
    A rubber which is Easy in short game (like most Chinese rubber) which adds more spin to my mainly speed focused looping game.(power loop).
    I play close to the table and step back during open rally du mid distance.
    Vega China, Xiom Tau II aside from the ones I mentioned.

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:



  8. Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 21
    T
    Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 0

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2019
    Germany
    21
    0
    98
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    Omega 7 China Guang or Rakza Z Extra Hard might help. What are the specific things are you really looking for?
    Can you compare the Jupiter 3 and the omega 7 China Guang?
    I would totally try it if they will sell it in Europe.

  9. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Master TTD Member 681 1,582
    Kuba Hajto's Avatar
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,582 681

    User Info Menu

    #9
    Keep in mind that Yinhe uses that weird technology where topsheet consists of 2 pieces. It decreases durability in some cases. I punched through the tacky top layer in 3 months. If the rubber costs 15-20$ its not a big deal, you get new and fresh one and its all ok, but if rubber costs 30-40$ its tougher sell to me. Used Vega China and its great. Jupiter 2 is great and cheap. Using Jupiter 2 and some booster is good option. Battle 2 prov is also above average.

  10. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,870 5,961
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,961 2,870
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Torbspin
    Can you compare the Jupiter 3 and the omega 7 China Guang?
    I would totally try it if they will sell it in Europe.
    Jupiter 3 is slower and lacks a punch compared to guang.

  11. darkmoor1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 24 152
    D
    darkmoor1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 152 24
    #11
    There is actually a different Jupiter III. It is sold in EURO and ASIA versions, with the price a bit higher than the original Jupiter II. I've from some online reviews of EURO versions, and it seems the topsheet tack on these is similar to what I am used to with Big Dipper rubbers - that there is an initial tack there but goes away almost completely after a while.

    Is there anyone here who's been trying ASIA versions?

  12. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 110 958
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 958 110

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    958
    110
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    I just ordered a sheet of Jupiter 3 Asia 39d after reading some convincing reviews. The reviews called it a hybrid even faster than Razka Z. If it truly is a replacement for Rakza Z at 1/3 the price, then that is very attractive for me.

  13. JStiga7 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 9 40
    J
    JStiga7 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 40 9
    #13
    How does the hardness of the J3A compare to the regular J2.I see the J3 Asia goes up to 41.Does the 39 in J3A "feel" the same as the J2?

  14. Konrad Bak is offline
    says deleted account
     
    Elite TTD Member 234 1,148
    Konrad Bak's Avatar
    Konrad Bak is offline
    says deleted account
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,148 234

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2016
    Poland
    1,148
    234
    1534
    Read 4 Reviews
    #14
    deleted

    The Following User Likes Konrad Bak's Post:

    JStiga7

    Last edited by Konrad Bak; 6 Days Ago at 10:28 PM. Reason: personal attack
    Baal from MYTT suspended my ackount because I don't like Americkan bommunists

  15. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 110 958
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 958 110

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    958
    110
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad Bak

    it is only 2 guys on MYTT and one guy from Russian forum who compare J3A with BD4... there is no more reviews

    Right, but its only $15, so i decided to just try it out.

    Also TT Maximum has several video reviews on youtube.

  16. Konrad Bak is offline
    says deleted account
     
    Elite TTD Member 234 1,148
    Konrad Bak's Avatar
    Konrad Bak is offline
    says deleted account
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,148 234

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2016
    Poland
    1,148
    234
    1534
    Read 4 Reviews
    #16
    deleted
    Last edited by Konrad Bak; 6 Days Ago at 10:28 PM. Reason: personal attack
    Baal from MYTT suspended my ackount because I don't like Americkan bommunists

  17. JStiga7 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 9 40
    J
    JStiga7 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 40 9
    #17

    Thx much.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.