Cho! Cho le!

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
if you had the time to create this forum post, why didn't you try to google it?

use this statement in google, all your answers are here:
what does cho le mean in table tennis?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
why didn't you try to google it?
I have. Well, perhapes I haven't done a full research on it, doing interviews on people, reading published papers after papers and tracking back all the references. Chill man. It's a fun question. I'm not trying to battle you over keyboard on the legitimacy of boosting or how stupid and pretentious it is to use a fancy carbon blade when people can't loop more than 2 balls consecutively. It's about TT culture, cheering and winning a point. I don't mind spending my time posting this. I don't know why you are so serious about it.

what does cho le mean in table tennis?
I hope you have read this post. I'm not asking what it means.
I'm trying to discuss how wide spread it is in the world, whether it is "chinese exclusive", if you will and the origin of it.

It doesn't need to be a rigorous study/statistics. I don't mind it if it is your personally experience over the years seeing people cho-leing(it is a word now).

Last edited:
Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
Good post. I often wonder how it is perceived by players and opposition players? Is it simply a self congratulatory shout or is it maybe seen as having a go at the opponent? When is it OK to shout it? If your opponent puts a serve into the net is it acceptable as you have forced your opponent into the error?Should you only Cho when you play an outright winner? At what level are you "allowed" to Cho? Is it acceptable in the 5th division of the local league or should it be the preserve of elite players?What is an elite player. Discuss?