Rubber hardness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am entertained by the many levels of trolling and trolling the trolling that is going on here. :)

And since it is semi-harmless, I am going to say, have at it.

What is the reduced mass in my belly? Oh, maybe I am talking about the increased volume of my abdominal cavity rather than the reduced mass! :) Potentially, I think there may be increased mass along with the increased volume.
What is you belly orbiting? :)
The reduced mass is like latej said, the effective mass but the correct term is reduced mass of two bodies. The reduced mass is the effective mass of your belly and something else and there is a center of mass between your belly and something else..
In TT it should be between the ball and paddle.

OK, read this zeio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduced_mass
The equation and derivation of reduced mass is simple.
Note that in the wikipedia page e is the coefficient of restitution. Stop trying to redefine it.
There is a formula for the change in kinetic energy in the collision of particles.
Some re-arranging and substituting needs to be done to calculate the speed of the paddle and ball after impact.
The equivalent using reduced mass results in the same answer as the speed after impact formula given the same inputs.

Normally reduced mass is used in orbital calculations. For instance the earth and the moon as seen by mars can be simplied by using the reduced mass of the earth and moon as one mass with the center of mass being between the center of the earth and the center of the moon.Doesn't reduced mass seem like overkill for determining the speed of a TT ball after impact?

Now where does zieo calculate the speed after impact using reduced mas? That formula hasn't been revealed yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I don't quite understand the effect of hardness. Generally it is softer sponge means easier control and harder one more power, right? Which one provides more spin (given equal rubbers otherwise)?
​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Just get a good average rubber. Rakza 7 and Xiom Vega Pro fit in this category. Even H3 Neo will do. Avoid too hard or too soft. You will do fine with any of these. Eventually your rubber will wear out. Now you will know if you prefer a SLIGHTLY harder or softer rubber. Avoid the fads. Don't spend too much. Buying a rubber that cost twice as much will not make you twice as good. Instead buy an hour of coaching. Ask the coach to evaluate your play and concentrate on whatever is costing you the most point. Then work on that. Serve and serve return are a good place to start.

Reactions: Manto76 and ttarc
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OK, read this zeio
Haven't I told you you need to avoid Zeio and Zeio needs to avoid you?

Avoid him. I know, I already saw where Zeio made a comment quoting you as well. So, this goes for him as well. Zeio, do not engage in commenting on BB posts.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
There's no use avoiding. The thing is he will rub everyone up the wrong way, always. I'll keep engaging him when I feel like it. It's exciting. I always learn something new, not from the bickering or his lecturing(same ol' shit), but from looking up new papers that could potentially benefit my own real world game. Actually, more and more recent papers show that many of the contentious things pros/amateurs have been saying they're doing are not necessarily illusory.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
There's no use avoiding. The thing is he will rub everyone up the wrong way, always.
Lies, some people like to get the truth. I challenge people that post garbage. It seems that most people just want to repeat what they have heard instead of thinking about what they are saying.

[quote[
I'll keep engaging him when I feel like it. It's exciting.
Yea, like post quotes out of context.

I always learn something new, not from the bickering or his lecturing(same ol' shit), but from looking up new papers that could potentially benefit my own real world game.
Do you understand any of them?
You never did explain your reduced mass document you posted on mytt. I asked what mass was being reduced. You didn't answer.
I had to explain reduced mass since you couldn't.
I had to point out that there is a difference between static and dynamic friction. You must have learned a new word, tribology and Stribeck friction.

Actually, more and more recent papers show that many of the contentious things pros/amateurs have been saying they're doing are not necessarily illusory.
Like what?

Why not find something useful like how thin can one brush a ball and still have it go over the net? This has come up on the thread you posted a link to. This would cover a few things like the coefficient of friction, how the impact is divided between normal and tangential force/impulse based on how eccentric ( in know you like that word ) the impact is.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There's no use avoiding.

Yea, like post quotes out of context.
I see Zeio as more of the instigator in this instance so Zeio, you get a 3 week ban. BrokenBall engaged and responded when I told him not to and warned of the consequences, so, he gets a 1 week ban.

When you guys come back, if you keep trying to make comments on the other's posts, the ban will be longer. No comments on posts by the other. That means, Zeio, if BrokenBall has made a comment in a thread, you should not post in that thread. And BrokenBall, if Zeio has made a comment in a thread, even if directed AT YOU, you should not comment in that thread. Next time the bans will be notably longer.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Rakza Z has ~~50-52 degrees in scale ESN uses
Rakze Z EH has 53-57
Your hurricane 3 has 40 degrees shore A, haggis measured those with shore 0 durometer at about 60
CONFUSING MEASUREMENTS BY HAGGIS V. BE CAREFUL IN THE USE.
Unfortunately, you can't get true numbers from the Hardness Tabular as currently kept by Haggis. It came out he was using improper testing metode to cause improper resulting numbers, sorry.