Can someone help interpret this matrix properly?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hello,

I have been checking butterly blades lately with their blade matrix:

http://butterflyonline.com/Templates/BladeSpecifications.pdf

Can someone help me explain this in more detail?

It was my understanding that the Vertical Line (Reaction Property) was the speed of the blade so the higher , the more speed the blade has?
And the Horizontal (Vibration property) so the more to the right the blade is, the more Vibration, hence more feedback from blade on feeling.

So according to this chart, most of the fast blades have special materials (Carbon,etc) and give the most vibration feedback?
And most of the wood blades are slower and don't vibrate a lot?

The vibration part is what confuses me the most...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Hello,

I have been checking butterly blades lately with their blade matrix:

http://butterflyonline.com/Templates/BladeSpecifications.pdf

Can someone help me explain this in more detail?

It was my understanding that the Vertical Line (Reaction Property) was the speed of the blade so the higher , the more speed the blade has?
And the Horizontal (Vibration property) so the more to the right the blade is, the more Vibration, hence more feedback from blade on feeling.

So according to this chart, most of the fast blades have special materials (Carbon,etc) and give the most vibration feedback?
And most of the wood blades are slower and don't vibrate a lot?

The vibration part is what confuses me the most...

From an older blade matrix https://butterflyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/BladeSpecifications.pdf
"The Quantified Vibration Frequency:the higher the number, the less vibration you feel."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Everybody wants a little vibration. How much is “a little” is very much subjective though. It even changes in individuals.

It’s a very rough guidance. Even speed. When you hit the ball with different angle and different power, 2 blades will react differently. In the chart, Timo ZLF and Innerforce ZLC are considered the same but they are far from the same.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi

Primorac wood blade is (mine Is a Japanese made one) a very good blade, I went with it because the chart guide (see below) was pointing in the general direction that I wanted a blades properties to be, also it’s a best seller, over many years, so that speaks volumes.
At present it’s taken pole position over my trusty original Grubba blade!!!

because wood is a natural material the ‘reaction property (speed) and ‘vibration property’ which I think could also be called ‘feel’ can vary depending on the tree the wood came from etc.
So the blade chart for me, is at best a basic guide.
it may be that the hardness of the veneers used, affects the vibration property as well. I’m not sure, but possibly harder veneers = a higher vibration property (less vibration / feel).
Also the rubbers you use will also affect the ‘feel’ you get through the blade. Different rubber different feel.

The vibration will seem strange to start with, but the blade is giving you more feedback / information about the stroke you have just played. Feel is amplified.

Once you get used to it, it should be easier to tell how well you played a stroke (feel wise) how fine the brush, how hard through the ball, how soft your touch and so on. Once you recognise the ‘feel’ of your strokes, be they good or bad you’ll be better placed to vary speed and spin and hopefully be in more control.

Variations of spin, speed etc and being able to feel that you have done so. Is, As far as I’m concerned a big plus.

Give it some more time and see how it goes. If you don’t get on with it, then drop back to the Viscaria.

Blades are a very personal side of table tennis equipment, more so than rubbers.
if you are still unhappy, consider the bespoke blades, these guys can make exactly what you want by the sound of it !!!!

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2] As for the given matrix, VIBRATION value is a measure of mechanical frequency on impact (Hz), not an amplitude of oscillations. The harder blade will produce higher vibration frequency upon impact, and softer blade will produce lower frequency.[/size]

[size=+1]Hence, the Andrzej Grubba blade will give you the softest feeling in strokes, while Primorac Carbon feels like a marble slab.[/size]
/Be happy/

PPGyauk3E1s.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
All lines lead to the Super ZJK... :D ... oh, and a couple Diginics 09C

It seems to be even more popular than Viscaria + Boll ALC in my club. Maybe they’ve made the handle a piece of art. I love that golden colour. Has anybody thought of having a Yasaka blade with Butterfly custom handle?

This user has no status.
[SIZE=+2] As for the given matrix, VIBRATION value is W a measure of mechanical frequency on impact (Hz), not an amplitude of oscillations. The harder blade will produce higher vibration frequency upon impact, and softer blade will produce lower frequency.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Hence, the Andrzej Grubba blade will give you the softest feeling in strokes, while Primorac Carbon feels like a marble slab.[/SIZE]
/Be happy/

cache.php
Well.... I'm playing with a primorac Carbon since a lot of years now, and searching something with the same velocity and a bit more soft feeling I took the ZJK T5000. Big error it seems the reverse as the matrix says. Not more speedy, and really less feeling than the Primorac T5000. Only good for block.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl