m.maze v.s schlager carbon light

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
So many threads on blade comparisons and finally here is one where I have used both! For me first off instinctually I can say I preferred the Schlager Lite blade. It has a bit more life to it. The Maze is kind of a 'safe' fast blade. It does have nice control but the Maze blade didn't feel that great to me. The Schlager has enough control to compensate for it's speed and although it may take a few training sessions to get used to it is a great blade.

I used the Maze blade for 2 years and am happy to no longer be using it now, I think it's quite mediocre. So my advice is to get the Schlager Lite! :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the Maze blade might be better with harder rubbers. And, since you are asking about which would go better with softer rubbers, it makes sense that the Schlager would probably go better with softer rubbers since it is pretty fast and fairly stiff and hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
@Justalt because I all wood blades for me so far to slow compared to carbon blades that is why i'm going for carbon. I discovered this problem when i was playing against a good defensive player in our club then the senior club member said that maybe it is time for me to change my blade because I was using stiga active. thank you to all the comments greatly appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
So you're saying that your technique is perfect, and therefore you can only become a better player by changing equipment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
@Yakisoba1521
Hello Yaki! What happened to the TBS you were supposed to be buying? If you remember we have the same blade: Stiga Active and probably same Srivers. I was suggesting fast and cheap wooden blades such as the Stiga S-3000 and the 729 Bomb. I recently added the VSG21-2000. These are all wooden blades as I'm trying to max out the potential of the wood blades and hone my fundamentals before moving on to even faster carbons. But guess what, I tried using my friend's T-11 and Iolite Neo and absolutely loved it. They were not as forgiving as the wood blades but they were lightning fast and blocked and punched blocked beautifuly. I can still do most of what I do with wooden blades but this time more in a fast forward mode. So Yinhe T-11 is a very affordable blade that I like. I recently purchased a Winmax arelate carbon blade (you won't believe me when I tell you how cheap I got it) this blade I found very user friendly, all my buddies who tried it liked it also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
@knuckle ball cool bro, i've done some more researching and came up with this two blades by the way where do you buy your equipment? I'm playing at baguio I can order from one of my clubmates but the prices are higher compared to the prices on pingpongonline.com , I am looking also for a long term blade that is why i'm going for a butterfly blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you are looking at the blades you are looking at for the reasons you are looking you should also look at the Innerforce ZLC and the Jun Mizutani which is also a ZLC blade. Those are amazing blades, fast and a lot of control. Way better than the Michael Maze. Viscaria would also be worth looking at. I have a Viscaria and it is great. One day that is the blade I will use. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
cool sx thank you for that where do you play?

Amoranto at quezon city, get a TBS or MMaze if you want Butterfly, MJ is a great blade but almost 2x as expensive as Maze but if you have no problems with price then its ok, another to consider is xiom stradivarius, the quality is comparable to butterflys and plays the same as TBS, try to look it up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Amoranto at quezon city, get a TBS or MMaze if you want Butterfly, MJ is a great blade but almost 2x as expensive as Maze but if you have no problems with price then its ok, another to consider is xiom stradivarius, the quality is comparable to butterflys and plays the same as TBS, try to look it up

cool dude my other club mate suggested that I must go try gergely because it is the widely used blade especially in pangasinan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
ive used a gergely for 15 years its a great classic blade thats a little on the heavy side, its stiff and fast, control is ok if you have decent technique, but nowadays its overshadowed by the newer generation blades, why? its because the power of these newer gen blades are more or less equal to gergely but the contro and feel l is better specially on short game, xiom stradivarius is 1k cheaper than gergely but IMHO its better in all aspects a little slower than gergely is xiom v1, but i would rather bet my money on a TBS or MMaze which is around P500-P800 more expensive than gergely which in my opinion is not a bad deal at all

dont get me wrong i love gergely, my experience with this blade goes along way, but in terms of power, control and feel, TBS and MMaze can take gergely any day of the week, but then again its just based on my own personal opinion and experience and im sure others may disagree