Rubbers with GOOD feeling/touch/feedback

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for sharing IB66

So true that blade does play a big part in touch/feel.

Boosted Provincial H3s are so good arent they. I miss how easy and cheap it was to get them in Hong Kong. Too bad we cant travel now.
So which side are you using Golden Tango on? I assume you mean the original Golden Tango, not the PS version.
How does it compare to boosted Prov. H3?

Hi,

Boosted H3 prov 37 degrees feels much softer than the unboosted GT. It also has a lot more catapult. I can really feel the ball engaging the sponge, but I quite like the hard feel of GT, I also find that D09C feels harder than the H3 37 degree and softer than the GT.

I was using the unboosted GT on my backhand side. Short touch is very good, and good spin on serves, when brushing very good spin, speed was enough, as with a lot of tacky rubbers not so good for flat hitting. Counter topspin drive was okay but using GT with emphasis on spin is better. I found blocking to be good and controlled.
i kept using this on my BH for about a year, changed to MXP, FXS and then went back to TG but the PS version, then reverted back to GT!!! I liked the ‘harder feel’
With the boosted H3 provincial 37 degree, I’ve only used it playing against robot and for me, it feels softer, is faster, much more catapult, greater spin than the GT, needs more control of my stroke though, slight adjustments to racket angle are required, slightly more closed face. Serves can have high spin.

during lockdown I got a couple of sheets of D09C and have been mainly using that.
i haven’t played against robot for a couple of weeks because a spring broke and I’m waiting for replacement part. So at present have been serve practicing using D09C (which is on FH and BH) and the boosted H3 prov 37 (BH)and Boosted Skyline 3 provincial blue sponge (Fh) for serving they are very similar for amount of spin produced, I also checked against GT there’s really not much between these 4 rubbers as far as spin, but the boosted DHS rubbers are better when serving faster balls.

If / when the leagues start up again!! Looks like 2021:(, at present I’m not sure whether I’ll go back to using GT, or try the boosted H3 37 degree or the D09C on BH, going to hopefully try unboosted H3 37 degree (when I can get hold of it again!!!) to see how that feels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I wouldn't expect more than 4 boosts. Consider sticking with Jupiter 2, and boosting it every now and then. It's cheap. Recently I tried Battle 2. Can't comment on durability though. Using it too short. Maybe other users will comment. I am using the provincial version (about 20$-22$) 39-40 (depends on what is available). Spin is same as in Hurricane 3, Battle 2 might be a tad faster.

Do you use 38,39 ir 40 deg?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Sorry I didn't read ir.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

No worries. First I used 39 without booster and broke it in by playing with it. Not very pleasant process though. 40 with one initial layer and 39 with one very thin initial layer feels good to me. (I am using haifu seamoon and prefer hard feeling rubber, thus little amount of booster).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
I cannot make up a reason why I got best feel from those rubbers, so I just mention them here. Also only rubbers from post-speedglue era are in the list (I simply don't really remember feel of speedglued rubbers good enough to make a proper comparison)

1. Andro Hexer. I guess that's the one I had a best touch/feel with. Not very hard, extremely linear and predictable, at least while its quite fresh.
2. Tibhar Evolution MX-P
3. Donic Acuda S1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Ha, sorry to make you choose Kolev. Please feel free to share more if you think they are worthy.:eek:
Its exciting to see TG3 being mentioned actually. I have been wanting to try it.
How is the quality control with TG series by DHS? Is it worth going for Nittaku versions at all?
Also, how long can a sheet last, with boosting/re-boosting.

Hi virtuososiu. One of mine TG3 NEO developed bubbles, not without my help of course so pay attention while boosting. I guess it was 2.2, rather old sheet. My other TG3 Neo is 2.15 and it is holding perfectly well so far. I feel it is faster than the 2.2 I had. (Both black) I dont thing I will ever go for the nittaku TG3, because it is twice the price and I am sure it will bubble as well if I overdo it....and I know I shall