Timo Boll - How I glue

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Technically Timo does play within the rules. He doesn't apply any booster to the rubbers and if Butterfly does it he is fine. That's what the rules say. Doesn't care if it is stupid or not...

But of course his rubbers are selected and tuned for him. There isn't any protective film on the Dignics 09c, some say it is because of boosting ;-) his blades have a special handle treatment (rubberish film for better grip) and the handle size is different from what you get in your local BTY Store.

His Blades are 90gramms, as he stated in a YouTube comment. The whole racket will be near 200gramms

Yea, I've seen him say his blades are 90g too. The blade is definitely custom as we can see from the bottom of the handle here where the center doesn't match the outer of the handle, it's like 4 pieces instead of two:

https://www.facebook.com/timoboll/photos/a.164623553571417/3650549198312151

Back in April 2015, when he was using T05 on both sides (guessing his were around 50g each), he posted a photo of his setup on a scale for a total of 190.5g. With D09C being much heavier (his 54g each on average), his total setup now is indeed around 200g.

https://www.facebook.com/timoboll/photos/a.223744300992675/995532183813879/

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+1]Tamasu Butterfly never treating on rubbers with oil applications, while DHS does oiling on rubbers a lot. Japanese nation all are the People of Honesty.
My best regards for the Japanese all.
My best regards for Timo Bolley.

DHS are dishonest crooks, sorry.[/size]
h1RvfXqyoAM.jpg

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Which scissors do you and Timo use?

https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-rubber-cutting-scissors

While they are advertised as Donic rubber cutting scissors, they are actually branded as FISKARS stainless steel. They are ok but really nothing worth writing home about and i think any high quality scissors will do the same job.
The ones advertised and sold by Revolution 3 I do not like much , the cutting blades are too short and one intents to just nibble on the rubbers instead of making smooth long cuts.

This is just a personal experience and i do not claim expertise in scissors.
So please do not shoot - i am only the saxophone player :D

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Timo also said he uses a specific edge tape and only on one of the sides of the racket. He said if he used another one or another way that the racket "characteristics" change.
In the comment section he also said he tried sealing the blade once but that the characteristics changed too much.

Interesting. I guess that for the pros, a small change in equipment could affect your performance and feel a lot.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Timo also said he uses a specific edge tape and only on one of the sides of the racket. He said if he used another one or another way that the racket "characteristics" change.
In the comment section he also said he tried sealing the blade once but that the characteristics changed too much.

Interesting. I guess that for the pros, a small change in equipment could affect your performance and feel a lot.

He uses regular edge tape, but only on half the blade like you said.

I'm a very intermediate player and I don't like the way sealing changes the characteristics of the blade and definitely prefer the swing of a blade without edgetape. To some players, these subtle changes matter, to others no, but if I can feel certain things imagine what matters to pros who function in quite controlled environments, they don't want certain things to bother them.

Reactions: GusShnaps
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Let's see what the People of Honesty had to say about the Happy Crooks. :rolleyes: Select comments from an entry on Guchi's blog.

http://yamaguchi.diary.to/archives/51946364.html
2. 馬龍 2017年07月18日 12:34
日本のトップ選手の使用ラバーは市販のものとは別物です。契約選手用はみんなファクトリーチューンテナジー使ってますよ。

それに水谷も言ってることがおかしいんですよね。サーブについては「審判にレットを取られないギリギリのところまで隠してる。ルール違反なのでリスクもあるが、グレーなところで勝負するのはトップ選手として当然だ」みたいな発言をしておきながら、補助剤に関しては「ラケットコントロールでバレなきゃいいなんてグレーな事をするなんてけしからん。みんな補助剤使うのやめるべきだ」と。サーブのルールを守ってない人間が補助剤のルールについてどうのこうの言ったところでなんの説得力もないと思うのは自分だけでしょうか!?
2. Ma Long July 18, 2017 12:34
The rubber used by top Japanese players is different from the one on the market. All contract players use factory-tuned Tenergy.

And what Mizutani said is strange. Regarding the serve, he stated that "I hide the ball as much as possible, without getting caught by the umpire. There is a risk because it violates the rules, but it is natural to compete as a top player in the gray area." Yet on booster, he said, "It's not good to do gray things without getting caught by racket control. Everyone should stop using supplements." Is it just me who thinks that people who don't follow the service rules have no right to speak about the rules of supplements!?

6. とみー 2017年07月18日 14:13
私も日本選手でラバーを支給されている友人がいるのですが、日本の契約選手も基本全員工場の段階で補助剤を大量に塗ってもらってるので今は公平なようですよ。
契約選手以外のトップ選手は皆自分で塗っているようですが
6. Tomy July 18, 2017 14:13
I also have a friend who is a Japanese player and is provided with rubbers, but basically all Japanese contract players have a large amount of supplements applied at the factory level, so it seems fair now.
It seems all the top players other than the contract players apply it themselves

8. 名無し 2017年07月18日 14:45
代表選手達もSP仕様のチューンアップラバーを使用しているのでなんとも言えませんね。 そもそもそれが抗議を通せなかった大きな理由です。だから、水谷さんは前加工も後加工も無くして欲しいと連盟や協会に訴えかけたのです。結果テナジーが売れなくなれば困る協会が前加工に妥協し、中国の影響力が強い連盟はうやむやに逃げ回るしかなくなりました。水谷さんの抗議後代表選手らは一時期SP仕様のラバーを禁止にしていました。リオオリンピックあたりからラバーの仕様を変えて試合をしています。全日本選手権の際代表選手らが調子を落としよく負けるのはラバーの仕様が国際大会で使用をしているものと違うためだと聞きます。SP仕様のラバーというのは塗っているラバーと見分けがつづらくなるから販売を容認しないのです。結局はお上の都合で選手が振り回されている状態だという事ですよ。
8. Anonymous July 18, 2017 14:45
I can't say anything because the representative players also use SP tune-up rubbers. First of all, that's the main reason why the protest didn't get through. That's why Mizutani-san appealed to the federation and associations for the elimination of pre-processing and post-processing. As a result, the association, which would be troubled if Tenergy doesn't sell, compromised the pre-processing, and the powerful Chinese federation had no choice but to play dumb. After Mizutani-san's protest, the representatives were temporarily banned from SP version rubbers. The rubber specifications were changed around the Rio Olympic Games. I hear that the representative players performed poorly at the All-Japan Championships because the rubber specifications were different from those used in international competitions. Sales of SP rubber are banned because it is difficult to distinguish from boosted rubber. As a result, players get shafted due to upper management reasons.

14. う 2017年07月18日 19:42
SPと刻印されてる前加工のテナジーを日本人が使うのは良くて
前加工されたキョウヒョウを外国人が使うのはダメって言う日本卓球界の風潮おかしくないでしょうか?
これは外国人差別ですよ。
14. U July 18, 2017 19:42
It's fine for Japanese people to use the pre-processed Tenergy engraved with SP
Isn't it a strange trend of the Japanese table tennis world that foreigners shouldn't use pre-processed Hurricane?
This is foreign discrimination.

16. 名無し 2017年07月18日 21:12
水谷さんはすでにはっきりと解禁であれば受け入れられると発言をしています。日本の協会が塗らせないだけです。もともと補助剤を前倒しをしてまで禁止にしたのが日本の協会です。特にニッタクのスピードアクセルは中国のナショナルチームが使用しており、ファインジップ、とセットで継続使用するはずでした。それを話し合いもせず強引に前倒ししたわけですから中国が憤慨するのもうなずけます。当時禁止を発表した際にニッタクさんが「もう少し配慮しても良いのでは?」と発言したのは中国選手に対して向けたものだと言いますよ。何かもっとうまくやる方法があったような気がしてなりません。残念です。
16. Nameless July 18, 2017 21:12
Mizutani-san has already stated that he will accept it if the ban is clearly lifted. Only the Japanese association can not let you boost. Originally, the Japanese association banned the use of supplements even earlier. In particular, the Nittaku Speed ​​Axel was used by the Chinese national team, and it was supposed to be used continuously with the Finezip. It was no wonder that China was upset because it was pushed forward without discussion. When the ban was announced back at that time, Nittaku-san said, "Is it possible to reconsider it?" I don't feel like there was a better way to do it. That's a shame.

18. 馬龍 2017年07月18日 22:34
補助剤の目的は「スポンジとシートにテンションをかける」事。補助剤の有る無しでは、高弾性とテンション内蔵ラバー位の性能の違いがある。
あとこれも言い尽くされた話だけど、ITTFが後加工を禁止しない(できない)のは、「過去に補助剤を使用禁止にした事で、メーカー及び小売店に補助剤(グルー)の在庫が大量に発生し、大きな損害を出した」から。
「補助剤禁止ね。在庫!?んなもん知らんわ」って言っておきながら、「やっぱり後加工オッケー!また売っていいよ!!」なんて言ったら過去に不利益を被った人たちはそりゃ怒るわな。連盟の信用問題に関わるから、今更(一般市場に)解禁されることはない。その着地点が「メーカー加工はOK」
ただ他の人も言ってるように、それだとFCラバーを供給されてる人に対して、一般市民はディスアドバンテージを常に負いながらその背中を追いかけなきゃいけない。中々厳しいね
18. Ma Long July 18, 2017 22:34
The purpose of supplements is to "add tension to the sponge and topsheet." Without supplements, there is a difference in performance between the high elasticity rubbers and those with built-in tension.
This is also a story that has been flogged to death, but the ITTF does not(cannot) prohibit post-processing "due to the prohibition of supplements in the past, manufacturers and retailers had a large inventory of supplments(glue), which caused a lot of damage."
While saying "Ban the supplements. What about the stock!? I don't know about it", yet at the same time "After all, post-processing is fine! You can sell it again!", it's no wonder those who suffered a loss are angry. As it is related to the federation's credit issues, the ban will not be lifted(on the general market). And so the landing point becomes "Factory processing is OK."
However, as others have said, in that case, the general public must pursue the back of those who are supplied with FC rubbers, while always being at a disadvantage. That's tough

21. タカ 2017年07月18日 23:20
日本国内でさえ、SP版テナジーを使えない選手がいる時点で問題がある。

しかも、日本国内のチームには暗黙の了解で差別されるものもいる。いわゆる、カースト制度のようなもの。

それなら、一般の選手がグルーを塗っても許されると私は考える。一般選手には道具のドーピングが許されない、けど上位勢の選手には許されるなんて理不尽にも程がある。
21. Taka 23/07/2017 23:20
Even in Japan, there is a problem when some players cannot use SP version of Tenergy.

Moreover, some teams in Japan are discriminated against by implicit consent. The so-called caste system.

Then, I think that it is permissible for ordinary players to apply glue. It is unreasonable that general players are not allowed to do racket-doping, yet high-ranked players are allowed to do so.

23. てぃおん 2017年07月19日 07:43
已打底は、ファクトリーチューンの代表ですよね。

WRMは、それをずっと推進してきたわけですもんね。
23. Tion 07/19/2017 07:43
Pre-tuned means factory-tuned.

WRM has been promoting it all the time.

26. てけてけ 2017年07月19日 10:03
前加工はよくて後加工はダメって言ってるように聞こえる。
それって前加工してもらえない人達からすると公平じゃないよね?
実際SPテナジーの性能は普及テナジーと違うしそんな中で後加工してる選手だけ責めるのはなんか違う。それならいっそ解禁してほしい
26. Teke-teke, July 19, 2017 10:03
It sounds like pre-processing is good and post-processing is bad.
It's not fair to those who don't get pre-processed, right?
Actually, the performance of SP Tenergy is different from that of commercial Tenergy, and so it's different to blame only the players who are post-processing. In that case, why not just lift the ban

29. とも 2017年07月19日 14:39
工場内加工テナジーは知り合いが契約選手なので知ってますが間違いなく国内でも使用してますよ硬度や量は選手によって違いますが。
29. Tomo July 19, 2017 14:39
I know about the factory-processed Tenergy because my acquaintance is a contract player, but it's definitely used in Japan, though the hardness and amount differ depending on the player.

sYMndF6.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TTstyle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Read 1 reviews
Let's see what the People of Honesty had to say about the Happy Crooks. :rolleyes: Select comments from an entry on Guchi's blog.

http://yamaguchi.diary.to/archives/51946364.html
2. 馬龍 2017年07月18日 12:34
日本のトップ選手の使用ラバーは市販のものとは別物です。契約選手用はみんなファクトリーチューンテナジー使ってますよ。

それに水谷も言ってることがおかしいんですよね。サーブについては「審判にレットを取られないギリギリのところまで隠してる。ルール違反なのでリスクもあるが、グレーなところで勝負するのはトップ選手として当然だ」みたいな発言をしておきながら、補助剤に関しては「ラケットコントロールでバレなきゃいいなんてグレーな事をするなんてけしからん。みんな補助剤使うのやめるべきだ」と。サーブのルールを守ってない人間が補助剤のルールについてどうのこうの言ったところでなんの説得力もないと思うのは自分だけでしょうか!?
2. Ma Long July 18, 2017 12:34
The rubber used by top Japanese players is different from the one on the market. All contract players use factory-tuned Tenergy.

And what Mizutani said is strange. Regarding the serve, he stated that "I hide the ball as much as possible, without getting caught by the umpire. There is a risk because it violates the rules, but it is natural to compete as a top player in the gray area." Yet on booster, he said, "It's not good to do gray things without getting caught by racket control. Everyone should stop using supplements." Is it just me who thinks that people who don't follow the service rules have no right to speak about the rules of supplements!?

6. とみー 2017年07月18日 14:13
私も日本選手でラバーを支給されている友人がいるのですが、日本の契約選手も基本全員工場の段階で補助剤を大量に塗ってもらってるので今は公平なようですよ。
契約選手以外のトップ選手は皆自分で塗っているようですが
6. Tomy July 18, 2017 14:13
I also have a friend who is a Japanese player and is provided with rubbers, but basically all Japanese contract players have a large amount of supplements applied at the factory level, so it seems fair now.
It seems all the top players other than the contract players apply it themselves

8. 名無し 2017年07月18日 14:45
代表選手達もSP仕様のチューンアップラバーを使用しているのでなんとも言えませんね。 そもそもそれが抗議を通せなかった大きな理由です。だから、水谷さんは前加工も後加工も無くして欲しいと連盟や協会に訴えかけたのです。結果テナジーが売れなくなれば困る協会が前加工に妥協し、中国の影響力が強い連盟はうやむやに逃げ回るしかなくなりました。水谷さんの抗議後代表選手らは一時期SP仕様のラバーを禁止にしていました。リオオリンピックあたりからラバーの仕様を変えて試合をしています。全日本選手権の際代表選手らが調子を落としよく負けるのはラバーの仕様が国際大会で使用をしているものと違うためだと聞きます。SP仕様のラバーというのは塗っているラバーと見分けがつづらくなるから販売を容認しないのです。結局はお上の都合で選手が振り回されている状態だという事ですよ。
8. Anonymous July 18, 2017 14:45
I can't say anything because the representative players also use SP tune-up rubbers. First of all, that's the main reason why the protest didn't get through. That's why Mizutani-san appealed to the federation and associations for the elimination of pre-processing and post-processing. As a result, the association, which would be troubled if Tenergy doesn't sell, compromised the pre-processing, and the powerful Chinese federation had no choice but to play dumb. After Mizutani-san's protest, the representatives were temporarily banned from SP version rubbers. The rubber specifications were changed around the Rio Olympic Games. I hear that the representative players performed poorly at the All-Japan Championships because the rubber specifications were different from those used in international competitions. Sales of SP rubber are banned because it is difficult to distinguish from boosted rubber. As a result, players get shafted due to upper management reasons.

14. う 2017年07月18日 19:42
SPと刻印されてる前加工のテナジーを日本人が使うのは良くて
前加工されたキョウヒョウを外国人が使うのはダメって言う日本卓球界の風潮おかしくないでしょうか?
これは外国人差別ですよ。
14. U July 18, 2017 19:42
It's fine for Japanese people to use the pre-processed Tenergy engraved with SP
Isn't it a strange trend of the Japanese table tennis world that foreigners shouldn't use pre-processed Hurricane?
This is foreign discrimination.

16. 名無し 2017年07月18日 21:12
水谷さんはすでにはっきりと解禁であれば受け入れられると発言をしています。日本の協会が塗らせないだけです。もともと補助剤を前倒しをしてまで禁止にしたのが日本の協会です。特にニッタクのスピードアクセルは中国のナショナルチームが使用しており、ファインジップ、とセットで継続使用するはずでした。それを話し合いもせず強引に前倒ししたわけですから中国が憤慨するのもうなずけます。当時禁止を発表した際にニッタクさんが「もう少し配慮しても良いのでは?」と発言したのは中国選手に対して向けたものだと言いますよ。何かもっとうまくやる方法があったような気がしてなりません。残念です。
16. Nameless July 18, 2017 21:12
Mizutani-san has already stated that he will accept it if the ban is clearly lifted. Only the Japanese association can not let you boost. Originally, the Japanese association banned the use of supplements even earlier. In particular, the Nittaku Speed ​​Axel was used by the Chinese national team, and it was supposed to be used continuously with the Finezip. It was no wonder that China was upset because it was pushed forward without discussion. When the ban was announced back at that time, Nittaku-san said, "Is it possible to reconsider it?" I don't feel like there was a better way to do it. That's a shame.

18. 馬龍 2017年07月18日 22:34
補助剤の目的は「スポンジとシートにテンションをかける」事。補助剤の有る無しでは、高弾性とテンション内蔵ラバー位の性能の違いがある。
あとこれも言い尽くされた話だけど、ITTFが後加工を禁止しない(できない)のは、「過去に補助剤を使用禁止にした事で、メーカー及び小売店に補助剤(グルー)の在庫が大量に発生し、大きな損害を出した」から。
「補助剤禁止ね。在庫!?んなもん知らんわ」って言っておきながら、「やっぱり後加工オッケー!また売っていいよ!!」なんて言ったら過去に不利益を被った人たちはそりゃ怒るわな。連盟の信用問題に関わるから、今更(一般市場に)解禁されることはない。その着地点が「メーカー加工はOK」
ただ他の人も言ってるように、それだとFCラバーを供給されてる人に対して、一般市民はディスアドバンテージを常に負いながらその背中を追いかけなきゃいけない。中々厳しいね
18. Ma Long July 18, 2017 22:34
The purpose of supplements is to "add tension to the sponge and topsheet." Without supplements, there is a difference in performance between the high elasticity rubbers and those with built-in tension.
This is also a story that has been flogged to death, but the ITTF does not(cannot) prohibit post-processing "due to the prohibition of supplements in the past, manufacturers and retailers had a large inventory of supplments(glue), which caused a lot of damage."
While saying "Ban the supplements. What about the stock!? I don't know about it", yet at the same time "After all, post-processing is fine! You can sell it again!", it's no wonder those who suffered a loss are angry. As it is related to the federation's credit issues, the ban will not be lifted(on the general market). And so the landing point becomes "Factory processing is OK."
However, as others have said, in that case, the general public must pursue the back of those who are supplied with FC rubbers, while always being at a disadvantage. That's tough

21. タカ 2017年07月18日 23:20
日本国内でさえ、SP版テナジーを使えない選手がいる時点で問題がある。

しかも、日本国内のチームには暗黙の了解で差別されるものもいる。いわゆる、カースト制度のようなもの。

それなら、一般の選手がグルーを塗っても許されると私は考える。一般選手には道具のドーピングが許されない、けど上位勢の選手には許されるなんて理不尽にも程がある。
21. Taka 23/07/2017 23:20
Even in Japan, there is a problem when some players cannot use SP version of Tenergy.

Moreover, some teams in Japan are discriminated against by implicit consent. The so-called caste system.

Then, I think that it is permissible for ordinary players to apply glue. It is unreasonable that general players are not allowed to do racket-doping, yet high-ranked players are allowed to do so.

23. てぃおん 2017年07月19日 07:43
已打底は、ファクトリーチューンの代表ですよね。

WRMは、それをずっと推進してきたわけですもんね。
23. Tion 07/19/2017 07:43
Pre-tuned means factory-tuned.

WRM has been promoting it all the time.

26. てけてけ 2017年07月19日 10:03
前加工はよくて後加工はダメって言ってるように聞こえる。
それって前加工してもらえない人達からすると公平じゃないよね?
実際SPテナジーの性能は普及テナジーと違うしそんな中で後加工してる選手だけ責めるのはなんか違う。それならいっそ解禁してほしい
26. Teke-teke, July 19, 2017 10:03
It sounds like pre-processing is good and post-processing is bad.
It's not fair to those who don't get pre-processed, right?
Actually, the performance of SP Tenergy is different from that of commercial Tenergy, and so it's different to blame only the players who are post-processing. In that case, why not just lift the ban

29. とも 2017年07月19日 14:39
工場内加工テナジーは知り合いが契約選手なので知ってますが間違いなく国内でも使用してますよ硬度や量は選手によって違いますが。
29. Tomo July 19, 2017 14:39
I know about the factory-processed Tenergy because my acquaintance is a contract player, but it's definitely used in Japan, though the hardness and amount differ depending on the player.

sYMndF6.png

Is this an interview to a player?

Jan 2018
For future reference.

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/293736
<日本卓球の至宝、覚悟の告発> 水谷隼 「世界の卓球界を覆う違法行為を僕は決して許さない」

https://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/34955?imp=0
卓球・水谷隼「不正ラバーには絶対負けない」〜打倒中国へ国際大会復帰
 ロンドン五輪では、日本人以外のほとんどの選手が補助剤を使用していた、と水谷は言う。ITTFのアダム・シャララ会長は、「不正行為をしている選手がいるのは分かっている」とまでコメントしている。

 昨年末にはテレビのワイドショーも取材に動いた。補助剤問題について会見で聞かれた中国のトップ選手は突然不機嫌になり、「知らない!」と言ったきり横を向いてしまった。同じ大会に出ていた福原愛も、「その件については、なにもお答えできません……、はい」と言うばかりだった。いわば、卓球界あげて水谷の告発を「なかったこと」にしようとしているように見える。

「結局、中国が関係していると思います。中国はトップクラスの選手を多く抱えている上に連盟の人脈も占めている。オリンピックや国際大会を見ても、ヨーロッパチームやアフリカチームに中国出身選手が入っているような状態です。シャララ会長はカナダ人ですが、中国寄りの考え方をしていると言っていいでしょう。補助剤の公認を求めている中国に連盟が逆らえないというのが現状なんです」(専門誌『卓球人』の編集人で日本卓球協会参与の鈴木一氏)

 更に、ナショナルチーム元コーチの佐藤利香氏もこう言う。

「用具の開発に関しても中国は世界の最先端をいっています。中国がなんでも一番はじめにやって、そこに世界が追いついて行くというのが現実。新しい用具や溶剤を中国のトップクラスの選手が使って、大会で検査に引っかからないのだから他の外国の選手も安心して使いだすというのが、いまの世界基準になっているのです。補助剤もそれと同じです」

 事実、ITTFの選手会でも、「補助剤を公認してほしい」との訴えが強くなっているのだという。中国通れば道理引っ込む、なのだ。

https://world-tt.com/blog/johta/2013/01/05/補助剤問題/
偉いぞフジテレビ!

https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/138618
「補助剤」と戦い続けた卓球・水谷選手の覚悟
ラケットの補助剤不正使用問題を検証する

http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C16624/ceae984db1a14779dfb4df928a442683
直通鹿特丹 第51届世界乒乓球锦标赛 中国乒乓球男队队内选拔赛 特别节目

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/boost-like-the-cnt_topic80299.html
Boost like the CNT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews

I tried that last week and removed my very wide edge band completely. I was using edge band for years. I felt my racket more and lots of balls went into net both on short push drills and topspin drills. Normally if I do mistake with Battle II Prov. Blue, it goes out.

My theory;
If I am not mistaken, it increased feeling, made the rubbers slower, because rubbers have more room to deform. Previously, edge band was stopping rubber to deform more. I was probably using my power until I feel it by getting feedback from previous balls. Because I feel it more and maybe earlier, I stopped using more power from that moment. Then many balls went it to the net.

Now, I enjoy having more feeling on Timo Boll ALC. I got used to it in one training.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GusShnaps