Timo Boll - How I glue

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Genuinely disappointed here.

For someone who'd weigh every rubber to the hundredths of a gram, I thought he'd have used a syringe to dispense the glue.

Reactions: 729B2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Some rubbers have a slight dome. This is not how Tenergy/Dignics usually looks? I didn’t glue 09c though

Jan 2018
Even though they have roughly the same weight(to Boll's surprise), the black ones(FH) tend to be stiffer than the red ones(BH), from how the corners pry up. I wonder how hard they measure.

I guess it's within reason to suspect these to be different from the commercial version, which comes with a hard plastic film.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
TTD review had the weight at 74g. When I bought mine a few months ago it was 73g. I saw another player at 74g.

Timo's rubbers are mostly over 77g with the heaviest being 78.2g.

Do we think he requested Butterfly to send over their heaviest batches...or evidence of Butterfly factory boosting even for Timo?

He specifically says in the video he does not boost but of course Factory boosting is within the rules.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Maybe the sponge that he has for his 09c is harder than commercial ones.
TTD review had the weight at 74g. When I bought mine a few months ago it was 73g. I saw another player at 74g.

Do we think he requested Butterfly to send over their heaviest batches...or evidence of Butterfly factory boosting even for Timo?

He specifically says in the video he does not boost but of course Factory boosting is within the rules.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
But,on the other hand I talked with A butterfly sponsored player.He practiced with timo at the 2019 World Cup. He said timo’s rubbers are factory boosted so he doesn’t need to boost.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
But,on the other hand I talked with XXXXX .He practiced with timo at the 2019 World Cup. He said timo’s rubbers are factory boosted so he doesn’t need to boost.

Of course they are. Everyone seems to give Timo a free pass just because he is a gentleman off the table. You also shouldn't name a Butterfly sponsored player who gave that info about a fellow Butterfly sponsored player, so I removed that player's name from the quote and you should probably edit your post as well.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
pretty similar to Timo, I use the same scissors anyway ;) Actually I wish they would make these scissors for us left- handers they can be quite painful on the fingers.
Lucky me I haven't got 12 rubbers to cut .............

I might have missed it but did Timo give us the final weight of his 6 new blades ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Even though they have roughly the same weight(to Boll's surprise), the black ones(FH) tend to be stiffer than the red ones(BH), from how the corners pry up. I wonder how hard they measure.

I guess it's within reason to suspect these to be different from the commercial version, which comes with a hard plastic film.

yes, his blade also don't have the 'normal' serial number

Jan 2018
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/timo-boll-interview_topic74402_page1.html
jolqQ8U.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Technically Timo does play within the rules. He doesn't apply any booster to the rubbers and if Butterfly does it he is fine. That's what the rules say. Doesn't care if it is stupid or not...

But of course his rubbers are selected and tuned for him. There isn't any protective film on the Dignics 09c, some say it is because of boosting ;-) his blades have a special handle treatment (rubberish film for better grip) and the handle size is different from what you get in your local BTY Store.

His Blades are 90gramms, as he stated in a YouTube comment. The whole racket will be near 200gramms

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Fixed the embedding of the video.

Does anyone else here glue their rubbers like Timo does? I mean, two layers of glue on rubbers/blade, allowing glue to dry completely for 2-3 hours, and then just pressing the rubber and blade together?

I glue my rubbers very similarly to Timo. He actually uses 2 layers on the rubbers and 1 on the blade. Only difference: I let each layer on the rubber dry for 30 minutes each, so 1 hour total (not 2-3 hours).

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
pretty similar to Timo, I use the same scissors anyway ;) Actually I wish they would make these scissors for us left- handers they can be quite painful on the fingers.
Lucky me I haven't got 12 rubbers to cut .............

I might have missed it but did Timo give us the final weight of his 6 new blades ?

Which scissors do you and Timo use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I glue my rubbers very similarly to Timo. He actually uses 2 layers on the rubbers and 1 on the blade. Only difference: I let each layer on the rubber dry for 30 minutes each, so 1 hour total (not 2-3 hours).

Thanks, I shall try this method next time I catch the EJ virus :)