Free MOG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Sep 2020
MOG has been unfairly exiled from TTD.

All of you who know and love him, should ask the moderators to set him free.

The poor EJ is going insane with no forum to post on!!

MOG.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MOG

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Plus the tt equipment makers are going bankrupt. Support the tt economy, free mog.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
MOG has been unfairly exiled from TTD.

All of you who know and love him, should ask the moderators to set him free.

The poor EJ is going insane with no forum to post on!!

View attachment 21975

Guys. MOG has just been given a few weeks away from the forum. Private messages from behind the scenes caused me to be worried, in all actuality about his mental health.

On the evening of 8/23, MOG started bombarding me with a crazy number of Private Messages. The content of the messages started with content like: "I want you to delete all the posts I ever made and all the threads I ever created and I want to start over." Now, despite the fact that MOG was asking me to do something that would take HOURS, Days, a lot of work, it is something we do not do. I told MOG he could delete his own posts.

By the end of a string of somewhere between 10-20 PMs that got stranger and stranger, I started suggesting he took a two week break from the forum and come back after that was over. Two weeks from the date was September 8th.

I told him, I could institute a temporary 2 week ban, that it would not reflect that he did anything wrong. It would just ensure that he stayed away from the forum for two weeks. OR, that he could stay away for 2 weeks on his own.

Now, I am in NYC. He is, as far as I am given to understand, in UK. The Private Messages were at 7pm, 8pm, 10pm, 1am, 2am 4am 6am. They were straight through the night. Now 6am my time is not so worrisome because that would be a reasonable hour where MOG is. But the PMs that were between 9pm and 3am my time were sort of concerning because they indicated to me that MOG was not sleeping. And all his PMs were agitated.

And the last PMs were him demanding that I delete posts from other members that were making comments that were quite exactly like some of the comments MOG makes to and about other people when he is baiting them.

So that is when I said he no longer had the option to take two weeks away from the forum. That he had too.

When I told him that, he kept posting. And I told him I meant it that he needed to take two weeks off.

So, then he created a second profile and began posting under a new profile. Now, that is MOG DEFINITELY, without question, breaking a forum rule. Dan can post from the Dan account and from the TableTennisDaily account. But no normal member can make a second (sock puppet) identity to post content. So, I banned the second account permanently and gave MOG a two week ban. September 8th is next Tuesday. I see nothing preventing MOG from becoming a productive member of TTDaily after the two weeks. But something was going on that night. And I felt, him spending time away from the forum was better for his health. I mean, this is table tennis. It is supposed to be fun. If you can rib someone and have fun with it, then it coming the other way really should not cause a melt down. This is supposed to be a fun and constructive community.

But, Judas, I do have to ask you, WHO ARE YOU? Your account is brand new as of today. You have the photo of MOG that he used as his profile photo. If you don't want to reveal who you are to the forum, feel free to PM me. But, I would like to be sure you are not another alternate profile from MOG.

MOG has not really done anything wrong aside from being a bit obsesses which is the purpose of cooling him off. But, if he wants to email me, I can sort out with him whether he is ready to come back sooner than September 8th. If you PM me, I can give you an email to give him for that purpose. But, if you are MOG, then I would assume September 8th is an intelligent date.

Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Sep 2020
I can't lie!! I am MOG's alter ego!! So I guess I am getting banned again!!
Is there a rule about having 3 accounts!!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I can't lie!! I am MOG's alter ego!! So I guess I am getting banned again!!
Is there a rule about having 3 accounts!!

MOG. You are not in trouble. Feel free to email me. I sent you an email. If you feel you are ready and you are not under duress, we can get you back on the forum. It has probably been long enough.

But, in the future, no more fake accounts even if I am entertained by how you used both fake accounts. The rules are the rules. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The messaging seems a bit out of order but was that what got him banned? He may not listen to advice but I've never seen him being rude in a single forum thread. I chat with MOG every now and then on Facebook and he may be a bit of an oddball (like myself) but I've never once found him offensive or rude. Maybe a cultural thing? I come from a Norwegian / English upbringing so I'm quite used to characters like MOG.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The messaging seems a bit out of order but was that what got him banned? He may not listen to advice but I've never seen him being rude in a single forum thread. I chat with MOG every now and then on Facebook and he may be a bit of an oddball (like myself) but I've never once found him offensive or rude. Maybe a cultural thing? I come from a Norwegian / Swedish upbringing so I'm quite used to characters like MOG.

Some of the messages, particularly when he started demanding I delete posts by other people made me worry for his health and mental state. The almost 20 PM messages, and the state of mind that they seemed to convey, coupled with the fact that they meant he could not be getting much sleep, to me, indicated he might need a break from the forum.

I did think I wrote that above. But when he made a fake account to try and keep posting I decided he could not just stay away on his own.

Martin, I have never heard you say stuff that was offensive but if you were texting me over and over about stuff that seemed to have a very loose relationship to reality, I might ask you to take a week or two off as well, especially if you were doing that when you would normally be sleeping.

MOG and I are in touch with each other now. He knows how to reach me. I don't know he needs to stay off till September 8th. But it is interesting to think that he made two sock puppet profiles, one after he was told to stay away on his own, and one after he was banned to "plead" his case. No sleep, repetitive thoughts, and an agitated state clearly demonstrated in PM after PM which must have taken hours to write....I can see how that could potentially create a pretty nasty downward spiral.

I think the guy is funny. I think he is a good guy. We will email and sort out bringing him back. But compulsive, addictive behavior is something to be cautious about. :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok. Maybe he was just on the piss. It happens every now and then to most of us in the northern hemisphere. Let him say "I'm sorry" and let him in. Be a humanist.

Martin, MOG and I will sort that out. Or did you not read that part?

He knows how to contact me and he has not been punished.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok. I hope it works out.

It will work. Of course it will. Again, he really has done nothing wrong. But I honestly would rather not comment more on stuff that is sort of personal about someone without their consent. And I promise, he definitely was safer posting at MyTT where there are different forum members for a short period than to continue down that spiral I am very confident I saw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
MOG's ramblings about 7 ply blades should be the least of worries in this forum. The fact that sponsored reviewers are allowed to answer all threads with "pick product ABC from supplier XYZ" in equipment threads is quite disturbing. "They" are not 100% transparent that they've been sponsored / given the products for free. This is actually illegal in most EU countries.