Hi I am a new forum member! Actually a born again forum member!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
It is good to be back.

I have recently been EJing! BUT NOW I AM CURED!!

Last week I tried

Xiom Solo - don't like the wings!
Sanwei Fextra - wow what a beast!!

Stiga Infinity - straight handle - yuk!

So today I bought a Stiga Artic Wood - I love stiga handles and wings, I think this could be an end to my EJing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I feel you.

ABBFC412-B842-4D92-B53A-1284B76DF212.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is important information:

20 The correct number of blades to own is n + 1 where n is the number you own now. An exemption can be made for players in committed relationships, in which case the correct number is s-1, where s is the number of blades that causes your spouse or partner to leave you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think that this is wrong angle. You should not have as many blades as your spouse allows, but rather find a spouse that allows you to have as many blades as you want..

I think you will need to take this up with Baal in the rules thread, or with your wife at home. One or the other. :)

While my wife was still on this plane, I never got to the place where n+1 paradigm got revoked and turned into the s-1 framework.

So, to me, it seems, the rules of the table tennis gods, as revealed by Baal, have seemed to have shown themselves to be simply the way things are.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong and MOG
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Indeed, Ba'al is merely the messenger.

There is always a point where n + 1 transitions to s-1. They describe equally valid and yet seemingly incomnensurate descriptions of reality, analogous to quantum mechanics and relativity.

If you are confused, perhaps contemplation of Rule 88 is in order.

Ba'al has spoken.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I think you will need to take this up with Baal in the rules thread, or with your wife at home. One or the other. :)

While my wife was still on this plane, I never got to the place where n+1 paradigm got revoked and turned into the s-1 framework.

So, to me, it seems, the rules of the table tennis gods, as revealed by Baal, have seemed to have shown themselves to be simply the way things are.

I already have taken this with my significant other places. She even buys me blades these days to cheer me up. I wish everyone here such a keeper.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Welcome back MOG ! Agree about modern Stiga handles, , they are the dog's wotsits, although somewhere I still have a 1979/80 Stiga blade which has the thinnest handle I have ever come across - how I played with that I don't know, but I was happy at the time.

There's nothing wrong with EJ'ing, we need our EJs to balance the forum. It's certainly more productive than moaning about table tennis...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
So we're talking all++ 5ply with a hard top ply?

On the note of EJing, I get the permanent allure of new blades and rubbers, every hitherto untried combination calling out to you like the sirens to Odysseus BUT just chain yourself to that mast and stick with what you've got because if there's one thing that feels better than trying a new bat it is getting better. And that doesn't happen through trying 3 blades in a week...

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I was happy with Force Pro and Tenergy and Keiler for 6 months, then I started practising with ABS balls and it totally screwed my game!!

The ABS balls got me EJing, need something quicker maybe but definitely spinnier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I was happy with Force Pro and Tenergy and Keiler for 6 months, then I started practising with ABS balls and it totally screwed my game!!

The ABS balls got me EJing, need something quicker maybe but definitely spinnier.

Wait, you still play with non-ABS balls?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is this the rule that applies here?

Wait, you still play with non-ABS balls?

This is the definitive compilation of the Rules for Table Tennis as delivered by the Table Tennis Gods, not the mere ITTF. See the rest of the thread for further commentary.

6. Harden the f^#k up. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Reactions: lasta
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I already have taken this with my significant other places. She even buys me blades these days to cheer me up. I wish everyone here such a keeper.

My partner looks at my exploits with a bemused and disbelieving expression when preparing a blade for gluing on some new rubbers or recently when i've tried boosting a rubber, she looks away shaking her head and gets on with watching her favourite TV Programmes or knitting!!! she has never bought any TT equipment for me.

on the plus side she's quite fond of balls!!!!!

too much info, apologies!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
People keep talking about EJ'ing Virus, but I'm not sure if I qualify.
Yes, I played with countless different rubbers over the last few years.

But I always keep playing them till they are worn down and then I replace them with something different.
I usually buy something in the same range so it's never a big deal to adjust.
And yes, I'm kind of searching for that elusive holy grail that fit's my play style 100% ,which I know may not exist. But I'm not buying extra Rubbers for it, it always play them till the end.
I play TT 4 to 5 days a week so I just burn through rubbers fast.

I mean Dynaryz,R47,R48,Gewo Nexus 48 don't play THAT much different.
Tbh every rubber in the ESN 46 to 48 hardness range kind of plays the same with small differences for me.
Nothing I can't overcome.

So does this fit the EJ virus?I mean, if I would commit to 1 Rubber like T05 I would still buy it every 2 to 3 months because I don't like playing with worn down rubbers.