Table tennis 11 Racket assembly + Lacquering

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
A friend of mine has a Sitga all round classic and wants to change rubbers - he ordered it from TT11 and ive heard that newer stiga blades have a tendancy to splinter - how safe are we to remove the rubber? It was not lacquered

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
A friend of mine has a Sitga all round classic and wants to change rubbers - he ordered it from TT11 and ive heard that newer stiga blades have a tendancy to splinter - how safe are we to remove the rubber? It was not lacquered
For example, here https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=17696&start=15 people say that it has tendency to splinter. But does it really matter now? If rubbers need to be replaced, then your friend has no choice, but to find out it by removing existing rubbers. Just try to minimize potential damage during that procedure. And maybe be ready to produce some sealing/lacquering in case it splinters a little bit during rubbers removal

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

In my club there is a handmade blades builder. After my coach observed the problem with my stiga infinity splintering asked him what could be done about that. He replied that using nail polish remover helps weakening the glue. When I tried myself I saw that indeed helps and no splintering occured.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
In my club there is a handmade blades builder. After my coach observed the problem with my stiga infinity splintering asked him what could be done about that. He replied that using nail polish remover helps weakening the glue. When I tried myself I saw that indeed helps and no splintering occured.

how do you apply the nail polish remover?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
how do you apply the nail polish remover?
I take a badonette and I apply in the cotton, on its edge. Then I pressure between the rubber and the blade with the cotton parts.

Sent from my NEM-L21 using Tapatalk