STIGA Energy Wood V2 ? (vs Nittaku Acoustic wood)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I just tried the AE properly today (and not just forehand drive, topspin and loop).
I would actually correct and Say that the AE is actually the one with a bit more spring and speed. My training partner commented on it. I could create more spin and then give the illusion og a faster ball I think. Services were a little bit spinnier. Smash and placements was a bit easier as well. Something does feel a bit different, like the ball digs a bit more in and springs out. The rubbers are the same as on the bt555 that I just got as well. But I glued them myself on the AE as a difference. Could I maybe accidently have rolled them a bit too much and caused tuning? Because it does feel slightly more tensioned in the topsheet. But maybe they just not broken in yet [emoji848]

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I just tried the AE properly today (and not just forehand drive, topspin and loop).
I would actually correct and Say that the AE is actually the one with a bit more spring and speed. My training partner commented on it. I could create more spin and then give the illusion og a faster ball I think. Services were a little bit spinnier. Smash and placements was a bit easier as well. Something does feel a bit different, like the ball digs a bit more in and springs out. The rubbers are the same as on the bt555 that I just got as well. But I glued them myself on the AE as a difference. Could I maybe accidently have rolled them a bit too much and caused tuning? Because it does feel slightly more tensioned in the topsheet. But maybe they just not broken in yet [emoji848]

The fact that the rubbers are brand new will give them more kick, speed, grip. Rolling them a bit too much would make them more tensioned yes, you really want to lay them flat and not stretch them, they're already tensioned to the max by the manufacturer and you don't want to affect the characteristics of the rubber. Roll gently only to keep flat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
The fact that the rubbers are brand new will give them more kick, speed, grip. Rolling them a bit too much would make them more tensioned yes, you really want to lay them flat and not stretch them, they're already tensioned to the max by the manufacturer and you don't want to affect the characteristics of the rubber. Roll gently only to keep flat.
No, the ones on the bt555 were not like that 2 weeks ago. I can't create more or less spin with them now, and the kick is also the same. Both sides are 36-38 biotech. On the AE I actually only put on Biotech on backhand and regular on forehand to test out the difference. But I don't detect any difference between them when switching around.

When I attached the rubbers to the blade, I tried to put down the bottom part towards the handle first and then gradually laying it down while rolling to avoid air bubbles, but without forcing it too much. After that I rolled on it a couple of times with not so much force and after than I put more force Into it, to be sure that it would stick.

To me logically it seems like the right way to do it.

But ok, if it gives me a bit more spin and bite, then I'm all in for it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong