STIGA Energy Wood V2 ? (vs Nittaku Acoustic wood)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
my first bat was technically my premade stiga evolution blade, which took me thru my beginner year in which i played with my dad in our backyard.
Then my first bat was FH : 40deg H3, energy wood, BH: Rakza 7 soft
which i found worked well ( i guess?) the only thing i would say now after playing with it for a year is that its too slow for me now.
I have been looking for blades for awhile sitga allround/offensive classic n others. and finally came to the conclusion of Nittaku acoustic.
But just found out they released a new Version of the energy wood that basically fixes the problem of the speed ( its a faster blade).
Now im confused as to which one to choose as im guessing im probably very accustomed to the energy wood feeling.

So does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this new blade and/or how it compares to the nittaku acoustic ?
(experiences/review on the nittaku acoustic are welcome aswell)
PS. the actual types of wood layers used would help aswell (as stiga doesnt say on their site)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Stiga Energy Wood v2 seems to be a slightly faster and with a thicker core.

So this really depends on how much increase in speed that you are looking for.

For the price of an Acoustic, I believe you could have easily purchased the both Stiga Energy Wood V2 and a Offensive classic.

If you still plan to get the Acoustic, do have a try first as their handle are smaller than what you get with the Stiga blades. So you may have to opt for the larger handles which could be hard to find unless you ordered online.

Hand feel on the Nittaku are on the sharper side vs Stiga blades which tends to be more confortable on the palm. Nittaku Accoustic are also much faster and is easily comparable in speed to a Clipper Wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I would say to the OP to just get some fresh rubbers, like a Rakza 7 for the FH and a new Rakza 7 soft for your backhand.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The Energy Wood V2 is a slightly updated version of the original for the plastic ball. Probably just a bit faster but still an ALL+ blade. It is still faster than the Offensive Classic which is also more like an ALL+ blade.

The Acoustic is a classic OFF- which still has good control though a bit less than these 3 Stigas due to the faster speed.

You're current blade is good, you could always upgrade your rubbers a bit. If you want to stay with your current rubbers, then the V2 would be a slight upgrade in speed and the Acoustic a jump in speed class.

Reactions: Vxneji
I forgot to mention the Stiga Azalea OFF which is probably the closest blade to a Nittaku Acoustic from Stiga, very similar in composition, thickness, speed and feel.
These 2 blades have good feel and amazing when looping underspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Wood composition of 'Energy Wood' 1 and 2 Should be the same as 'Allround Evolution'. Limba outer ply and Ayous for 2nd and core.

Wait, is EWv2 faster than Offensive classic? I thought they would maybe be about the same. 'Bt555' is an off- in contrast to what other says, that it's an all+. 'Persson Powerplay' is OFF- and speed is about the same as 'bt555'. It's just a bit stiffer and more direct. 'Bt550' is all+. Too springy to be an all. 'Yasaka Sweden Classic' is significantly slower and less springy, so that's just allround.

Since OC is a bit thinner but with the same wood composition (springy spruce in 2nd layer), I would've thought it to be just slightly slower than 'bt555', but still an off-. Maybe it's just a fast all+?

But if people judge EW 1 and 2 to be all+, would you guys then judge AEV to be all? Or is it still considered all+? And it's just because that the increaments are so small that they're still in the same class?

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Wood composition of 'Energy Wood' 1 and 2 Should be the same as 'Allround Evolution'. Limba outer ply and Ayous for 2nd and core.

Wait, is EWv2 faster than Offensive classic? I thought they would maybe be about the same. 'Bt555' is an off- in contrast to what other says, that it's an all+. 'Persson Powerplay' is OFF- and speed is about the same as 'bt555'. It's just a bit stiffer and more direct. 'Bt550' is all+. Too springy to be an all. 'Yasaka Sweden Classic' is significantly slower and less springy, so that's just allround.

Since OC is a bit thinner but with the same wood composition (springy spruce in 2nd layer), I would've thought it to be just slightly slower than 'bt555', but still an off-. Maybe it's just a fast all+?

But if people judge EW 1 and 2 to be all+, would you guys then judge AEV to be all? Or is it still considered all+? And it's just because that the increaments are so small that they're still in the same class?

Yea, I'd say Allround Evolution is still ALL+, and the Energy Wood are on the higher end of ALL+.

The Offensive Classic was considered OFF- in the old days but it's more ALL+. Same could be said for the Butterfly Primorac, right on the line of OFF- / ALL+.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Okay thanks.
Then if 'Energy Wood v2' is a bit faster/thicker, it would maybe make it in the beginning of off-? But I guess that 'bt555' would still be faster right? Though mine is between 80-85 g I think, I think it's only slightly slower than my old one that weigh 85-90 g.
And my 'Allround Evolution' is 90 g. Would that make it in the beginning of off- or in the higher end of all+?

I'm trying to figure out if the 'Energy Wood V2' would be a good middle thing between 'Allround Evolution' and 'bt555' as a transition blade at some point in future.
Now, I haven't tried the 'AEV' yet, since it's weekend and still waiting for rubbers. And since it's on the heavy side, it might not be that much slower than bt555 [emoji848]

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Okay thanks.
Then if 'Energy Wood v2' is a bit faster/thicker, it would maybe make it in the beginning of off-? But I guess that 'bt555' would still be faster right? Though mine is between 80-85 g I think, I think it's only slightly slower than my old one that weigh 85-90 g.
And my 'Allround Evolution' is 90 g. Would that make it in the beginning of off- or in the higher end of all+?

I'm trying to figure out if the 'Energy Wood V2' would be a good middle thing between 'Allround Evolution' and 'bt555' as a transition blade at some point in future.
Now, I haven't tried the 'AEV' yet, since it's weekend and still waiting for rubbers. And since it's on the heavy side, it might not be that much slower than bt555 [emoji848]

It's sometimes a fine between some ALL+ and OFF- blades. V2 is considered an ALL+ blade and is even classified as such by Stiga. Now if could be considered differently by a distributor.

I don't know the BT555, but it seems like the V2 would indeed fit somewhere between it and the Allround Evolution in terms of speed, and not be much slower than the BT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
It's sometimes a fine between some ALL+ and OFF- blades. V2 is considered an ALL+ blade and is even classified as such by Stiga. Now if could be considered differently by a distributor.

I don't know the BT555, but it seems like the V2 would indeed fit somewhere between it and the Allround Evolution in terms of speed, and not be much slower than the BT.
I just got my AE and it's a heavy one. My bt555 is a light one. Speed is about the same. Maybe bt555 can be a bit slower in shortgame, but also has a bit more spring in the other end.
AE vibrates slightly more and I'm not sure, but seems like the curve on topspin is slightly more pronounced.

If I got an Energy Wood V2, then I suspect that it wouldn't be significantly different to those 2.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I just got my AE and it's a heavy one. My bt555 is a light one. Speed is about the same. Maybe bt555 can be a bit slower in shortgame, but also has a bit more spring in the other end.
AE vibrates slightly more and I'm not sure, but seems like the curve on topspin is slightly more pronounced.

If I got an Energy Wood V2, then I suspect that it wouldn't be significantly different to those 2.

I think you're probably right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
On Spinfactory's website they put bt555 in all+ category. And bt777 in off- category, which I've always thought of as Off+. I just ordered one for the fun of it hehe. Even though that it's most likely too fast for me. It's quite fun to figure out the difference.

I once had a Clipper. Didn't like it's thickness of head and handle. Too heavy as well. Good in the shortgame and great precision. but a bit too stiff for me when looping. And because my technique is lacking (timing, proper angle and position) I overshootet more than usual.

My first blade was a Persson Powerplay, and it had nice placements as well. But had problems with creating spin or maybe that was the rubbers [emoji848]

By my logic the bt777 Should be somewhere between PPP and Clipper, but with a similar feeling and dwell to bt555. But let's see when I try it out myself ;)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
On Spinfactory's website they put bt555 in all+ category. And bt777 in off- category, which I've always thought of as Off+. I just ordered one for the fun of it hehe. Even though that it's most likely too fast for me. It's quite fun to figure out the difference.

I once had a Clipper. Didn't like it's thickness of head and handle. Too heavy as well. Good in the shortgame and great precision. but a bit too stiff for me when looping. And because my technique is lacking (timing, proper angle and position) I overshootet more than usual.

My first blade was a Persson Powerplay, and it had nice placements as well. But had problems with creating spin or maybe that was the rubbers [emoji848]

By my logic the bt777 Should be somewhere between PPP and Clipper, but with a similar feeling and dwell to bt555. But let's see when I try it out myself ;)

Yes, Clipper is a very fast and stiff blade.