Jan 2018
Where's my idol?
0SNmChv.jpg

At last! Sidekick as well!
6QsGUVl.jpg

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Having observed their training sessions the past few days, a big difference and problem with Ishikawa is that she doesn't train on shot variations. She focuses on just a few specific drills. I've noticed that in the past but thought I hadn't seen enough.

Ito would practice that wide FH from time to time, and in the process work on her crossover footwork. She would work on smashing and in turn lobbing, drills that require a lot of movement. Ishikawa doesn't do those at all. She just stops at the mid-distance, as if those early LCD TVs with a narrow dynamic range. No wonder she couldn't catch the CNT off guard, she doesn't even work on epic shots - the surprise factor.

Let me buy you a drink.
2NMzwTj.jpg

cFL7rNr.jpg

Speak of the devil. Ito works on variations. 1 to BH, 1 to wide FH, 1 to middle, 1 to BH where she steps around.
BFWLB72.jpg

L8iJhkv.jpg

5crqiTG.jpg

Serve and rally close to the table. Drills that don't involve much movement.
O2Egj9e.jpg

yLjrLDd.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

My biggest takeaway from this video: Ma Lin knows enough Japanese to converse with Ito. Wow ~

Every Ito v China video will have tons of comments from Chinese netizens mocking her, but I think Ito's bright personality will give her a lot of potential to bring China and Japan together just as Fukuhara did, as Zeio pointed out implicitly in an earlier post.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Having observed their training sessions the past few days, a big difference and problem with Ishikawa is that she doesn't train on shot variations. She focuses on just a few specific drills. I've noticed that in the past but thought I hadn't seen enough.

Ito would practice that wide FH from time to time, and in the process work on her crossover footwork. She would work on smashing and in turn lobbing, drills that require a lot of movement. Ishikawa doesn't do those at all. She just stops at the mid-distance, as if those early LCD TVs with a narrow dynamic range. No wonder she couldn't catch the CNT off guard, she doesn't even work on epic shots - the surprise factor.

Let me buy you a drink.
cache.php

cache.php

Speak of the devil. Ito works on variations. 1 to BH, 1 to wide FH, 1 to middle, 1 to BH where she steps around.
cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Serve and rally close to the table. Drills that don't involve much movement.
cache.php

cache.php

It's almost as if... different methods produce different results

Jan 2018
Loud as ever. FH still puny.
yiZqfdu.jpg

OUDQ7lD.jpg

6HJtsSY.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
After G1
Chiang: You backed up too much and blocked a few into the net
LYJ: I can't do it

G2
Chiang: Aim for the middle
LYJ: Ya, jam him in the middle
Chiang: Right. Don't pull back your arm during the stroke[FH]. Just hold out up close.

Apparently, that's not working.

G3
Qin: Just let him do it. What can he do to you with that shot quality?
Chiang: He's not generating force[pace] here.

gdJIeEh.jpg

MuEOqZR.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Lily Zhang is also a good commentator although not as quirky as dear Eerland.

Can someone explain Jeong Youngsik's technique to me. I feel that he uses all arm and no body. The only player who probably uses less body is probably Shen Yanfei.

She uses pips so she has an excuse...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Jeong's wrist flexibility never fails to amaze me. Imo the secret is his footwork. He stays close to the table and somehow manages to be almost always in position to play a quick counter ...
Yes, he plays a countering style with fast whippy strokes. He rarely goes off balance to generate power. Basically Oh Sang Eun.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Lily Zhang is also a good commentator although not as quirky as dear Eerland

Is Lily Zhang extending her stay so that she can train with CNT members as well? I believe she's not going for ITTF Finals, unless she's going for WTT Macau?