Return of International TT Matches

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Acceptable results given the lack of support from JTTA?

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
Ito is so inconsistent... :(

She's been so consistent since the second half of 2019. She doesn't lose easily to players other than the CNT now. That's the prerequisite to challenging China. She lost to Ishikawa, DHK and CIC in 2018. In early 2019, she only lost to Kato in T2 Malaysia that was played under different rules.

Last but not least, she plays a unique style that has a really tiny window. Zhang Yining has recently acknowledged in a WTT session they have trouble finding one to train against in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
yeh WANG Manyu was so strong today. and so determined as well. ITO never found her rhythm into this match. I had the impression that all she needed was 2-3 good points in a row to start the war machine but I was wrong.

WMY deserves a lot of credit but ITO wasn't performing near yesterday's level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think Ito has chances but she needs to work more on mental game and also strategy. If you look carefoul to the match with WYD, she took a lot of points with the chop changing the rythm and the pace and the speed. If she uses this tactic more she would gain more points but usualy after few easier points she turns to smiling mode and wants to kill every coming ball.
In that way she is very inconsistent and when she faces patient players like Chen Meng she has no chances.

Jan 2018
Folks keep getting the wrong idea here. Just because they've gotten a few wins, people think "yea, Japan is EQUAL to China now" or "China is crumbling down." Hirano fell for it. Harimoto fell for it as well.

Thankfully, former JNT women's team head coach MURAKAMI Yasukazu is much more realistic.

From Table Tennis Japan on 2020/11/07:

Before WTTC 2014 Tokyo, the burden was to NOT LOSE before the final.
IKCMdyq.jpg

In 2nd place behind China, it was because of this tournament that we were always able to protect it
9LmiJc3.jpg

Yvmzum1.jpg

In 2014, the odds were 8 for China and 2 for Japan
IMqorGx.jpg

Now, it's 7:3
I1wFtt5.jpg

By Tokyo 2020, it'll be 6:4
ZQyvqEo.jpg

I think the chances of winning will increase
yQZRq9J.jpg

CNT players don't make unforced errors
Bs7MDi3.jpg

A critical hit is necessary
O1obvgJ.jpg

Speed, spin, course, inside-out above that of the CNT players
rUo50ek.jpg

It is necessary to polish the critical hit
7m57IGt.jpg

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]Unfairness in commercial affairs is a sin.[/size]
Unfair comercial practices by DHS. Producing and disributing the notorious Exclusive versions of H3 , that is only avalable for the Chinese nationals, is much a fraudulence. Japanese people are told to be worthy of great respect.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Manyu was very determined, kinda feel sad for Mima, the whole team has all eyes on her lol, Anyway one thing is sure Manyu Will disappoint tomorrow, I am actually tired of seeing Chen Meng winning everything

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Да не только Вам грустно за это поражение...
Хотя....3-я ракетка проиграла 4-й...Обидно,конечно,что по нулям...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Manyu was very determined, kinda feel sad for Mima, the whole team has all eyes on her lol, Anyway one thing is sure Manyu Will disappoint tomorrow, I am actually tired of seeing Chen Meng winning everything

Something special right now about CM & FZD! Pretty dominant and FZD is owning ML now everytime they play.

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
[size=+2]Unfairness in commercial affairs is a sin.[/size]
Unfair comercial practices by DHS. Producing and disributing the notorious Exclusive versions of H3 , that is only avalable for the Chinese nationals, is much a fraudulence. Japanese people are told to be worthy of great respect.
Ito's game was poor against WMY. That had nothing to do with ball. The only way Ito can win against CNT is high risk play. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It is a paradox actually. If she tries to be more consistent, she will lose most of the time to CNT. It is her randomness and risky play that makes Ito a threat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I see liu shiwen!

OTOH, WMY is really Xiao Zhan's disciple ha ~

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio
Jan 2018
Will WMY break her losing streak against CM after Asian Games 2018? Or is it gonna be 9 in a row?

An unconfirmed source says there's high chance FZD will not take part in WTT Macau.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7105237963

CM: Stop calling me "Queen of Opens", call me "Queen of WTGF"! I'm the reigning National Champion, World Cup holder, and 4-time-back-to-back WTGF Champion!
CJjiNTk.jpg

7zVmnsi.jpg

5tt11Kp.jpg

LypVIjy.jpg

mrHk1tx.jpg

puRtVJo.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Someone on Tieba said it had to do COVID-19 precautions. Players can't wipe their hands on the table. They can ask the assistant umpire to wipe it. They relaxed the toweling rule.

Reactions: Atas Newton