g8bBwqb.jpg

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Matsu-ken tested positve.
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2020/11/29/0013900756.shtml

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20201124/k10012729261000.html
東京オリンピックの代表に内定している卓球の伊藤美誠選手が、8か月ぶりの国際大会が行われた中国から24日帰国し「改めて卓球が楽しいなとか、好きだなと思わせてくれた大会だった」と振り返りました。
伊藤選手は「中国の選手はプレーの幅をより広げていると感じた。対応能力をもっともっと上げていかないといけない。中国選手のように質は高いけど、ミスもしない選手に自分もなりたいと思った」と話しました。

そのうえで「今回は、改めて卓球が楽しいなとか好きだなと思わせてくれた大会でもあった。来年の国際大会の予定はこれから決まると思うが、私自身は目の前の全日本選手権に向けて頑張りたい」と話し、今後は、次の実戦となる来年1月の全日本選手権に向けて、調整を進めていく考えを示しました。
Mima Ito, a table tennis player who has been appointed as the representative of the Tokyo Olympics, returned from China, where the international tournament was held for the first time in eight months, on the 24th and said, "It was a tournament that made me think table tennis is fun and likeable again."
Ito said, "I felt that Chinese players are expanding their range of play. I have to improve my ability to respond even more. I want to be like the CNT players who, despite the high quality, do not make mistakes."

On top of that, "This time, it was a tournament that has rekindled my interest and love for table tennis again. I think that the schedule for next year's international tournament will be decided, but I will prepare for the All-Japan Championship in front of me. I want to do my best, "she said, and expressed her intention to make adjustments for the next competition, the All-Japan Championship in January next year.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/table-tennis/2440371/
 W杯は準決勝で中国の同3位・孫穎莎(20)に敗れながらも、3位決定戦でハン・イン(37=ドイツ)を下して銅メダル。自身はレベルアップを感じつつ「練習では強い選手にはなったけど『あっ、これじゃあ勝てるような選手ではないな』と改めて実感して。強くはなっているけど、これは強化のために練習をしてきた8か月間だなと思った」と振り返った。

その後、ITTFファイナルでは日本勢が早々と敗退する中、ベスト4に進出。準決勝で中国の同5位・王曼昱(21)に敗れたものの「(W杯から)約1週間くらい練習したんでけど、すごく修正できた。自分の修正力の早さにはすごく良くなったなと思ったのと、その修正した部分はしっかりファイナルでは試合で出ていた」と手応えを口にした。

そんな伊藤は、現地で中国の同1位・陳夢(26)らと練習する機会に恵まれたという。

「毎日のようにこんな強い選手とやらせてもらえるなんて光栄だなって。本当にいろんないい経験ができた。いろんな選手とやらせてもらうのって普段ないので、本当に練習できて良かったなと思いました」

今後は自主隔離期間を経て、来年1月の全日本選手権(大阪)出場を予定している。
In the World Cup, despite losing to China's 3rd-placed Sun Yingsha (20) in the semi-final, Ito defeated Han Ying (37 = Germany) in the 3rd-place playoff to win the bronze medal. While feeling she has leveled up, she said, "I became a strong player in practice, but I realized again that 'ah, I'm not a player who can win this way.' I'm getting stronger, but I thought this was the 8 months I've been training to strengthen."

After that, in the ITTF final, while the Japanese team was quickly eliminated, she advanced to the best four. Although she lost to China's 5th-placed Wang Manyu (21) in the semi-final, she said, "I practiced for about a week (after the World Cup), but I was able to fix it very well. I feel my correction was firmly in the last match."

It is said that Ito was blessed with the opportunity to practice with Chen Meng (26), who is ranked 1st in China.

"I'm honored to be able to work with such a strong player on a daily basis. I've had a lot of good experiences. I don't usually have a lot of players to pratice with, so I'm glad I was able to practice."

After a period of voluntary quarantine, she's planning to participate in the All-Japan Championship (Osaka) in January next year.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Spent hours to get the men's ranking up. Ovtcharov is a true workhorse for a European.

Thanks to Ishikawa's 1st round exit at the ITTF Finals, CIC is pulling away in the battle for the 4th seed at Tokyo 2020. The gap from WTTC 2018 will be hard to fill at the upcoming (gloomy) WTTC 2020.

1g6J8Wi.png

asvTsGe.png

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Added Uda to the men's ranking as he'll likely be the reserve player. Leaving out Jin and Morizono for now, coming in 5th and 6th on the JNT, respectively, as they're over 700 points behind and there will hardly be any events in 2021.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
It is completely unclear what will happen with the current ITTF rating in the next half-year, for example ...
But ITTF will have to do something ...

Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
将有男女各9支俱乐部,进行两阶段的赛会制比赛。第一阶段将于12月21日至26日进行男女单循环比赛。排名前四的球队进入第二阶段,进行淘汰赛,最终决出2020乒超级联赛的男女冠军。比赛将采用东京奥运会的赛制,先打双打,再打单打。对此秦志戬表示,“主要是为了让主力选手能有更多的比赛机会熟悉奥运赛制。”

除了赛制外,今年乒超联赛最大的看点是:应国际乒联请求,中国乒协首次同意来自外协会的5名女运动员组成“ITTF国际职业队”直接参加到乒超比赛中来。
据了解,今年乒超联赛一共有6名外协会运动员参赛。中国台北的林昀儒将加入山东魏桥,而来自波多黎各的迪亚兹、美国的张安、韩国的田志希、中国香港的杜凯琹和中国台北的郑怡静五个不同协会的女选手将组成“ITTF世界职业队”,征战乒超联赛。虽然外协会组队参赛之前甲A比赛曾经有过,但是乒超还是历史第一次。

最后,秦志戬希望大家能够理解,“在今年特殊的情况下,比赛落地方方面面特别不容易。我们一直努力,为运动员提供安全、完善的比赛保障的同时,也希望能给广大球迷提供最好的观赛体验。”(乒乓世界)

Some brief updates to the Chinese TT Super League (CTTSL) this year
- Two stages played: i) 21 to 26 December (all teams) & ii) 27 to 29 December (top four teams)
- There will be 9 teams each on the men's and women's side
- Venue is Guangzhou (no audience)
- Olympics team event format will be adopted: Doubles followed by Singles
- Lin Yun-ju will join Shandong Weiqiao
- Things are more exciting on the women's side. Lily Zhang (USA), Jeon Jihee (SKorea), Doo Hoi Kem (HK), Adriana Diaz (Pue) and Cheng I-Ching (TP) will form an international women's team to compete against the other 8 domestic clubs.
They have also been training with the CNT since Macau. See below for a propaganda video on how great it has been for them:

[video]http://t.cn/A6qItxpk?m=4583099180526753&u=6865474126[/video]

The exact lineups are not known yet but below are some rumoured (and confirmed) teams:

Women

1) Shenzhen University [Confirmed]: Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha, Wang Yidi, Li Jiayi (+2 other younger players) – Yes OP team but they still lost in 2018-2019 LOL
2) Heilongjiang: Sun Mingyang, Chen Yi, Kai Man, Qi Fei, Yuan Xuejiao
3) Hebei: Zhang Rui, Liu Weishan, Shi Xunyao, Li Yuqi
4) Sichuan [Confirmed]: Zhu Yuling et al.

Men

1) Shandong Lexuan: Liu Dingshuo, Xu Haidong...
2) Sichuan: Fan Zhendong et al.
3) Shandong Weiqiao [Confirmed]: Liang Jingkun, Lin Yun-ju, Zhou Qihao, Yu Ziyang, Xue Fei

OTOH, DN is absent from the team training again, with LSW now the most senior female member (?) who shares the central spot with golden boy ML from the men's side.

aac4b74543a98226917c54629d82b9014a90eb32.jpg

The above, coupled with a recent documentary on DN's career over the past 10 years, really does add credence to rumours about her retirement.

[video]http://t.cn/A6qcIAJN?m=4582365374448455&u=6865474126[/video]

Long story short, DN admitted that her playing style isn't the most advanced and that the change of balls has a huge impact on her.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Ishikawa-senpai:
Missed CTTSL season 2012 over Diaoyu Islands. Just needed a signature on the contract. Had to give up WWC 2012 in Huangshi, China as well since the organizer couldn't guarantee her safety.
Missed CTTSL season 2017 over Hirano. Like last time, she got the contract down, and was already training with the team.
Didn't even get invited for CTTSL 2020.

Verdict: Fate hates Ishikawa.

And now with the WTTC 2020 down the drain, yours truly can say with 100% confidence she WON'T catch up with CIC and will AT BEST be the 5th seed, unless the ITTF/WTT/CNT intervene.

Ishikawa: All my work on the new serve for nothing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Ishikawa-senpai:
Missed CTTSL season 2012 over Diaoyu Islands. Just needed a signature on the contract. Had to give up WWC 2012 in Huangshi, China as well since the organizer couldn't guarantee her safety.
Missed CTTSL season 2017 over Hirano. Like last time, she got the contract down, and was already training with the team.
Didn't even get invited for CTTSL 2020.

Verdict: Fate hates Ishikawa.

And now with the WTTC 2020 down the drain, yours truly can say with 100% confidence she WON'T catch up with CIC and will AT BEST be the 5th seed, unless the ITTF/WTT/CNT intervene.

Ishikawa: All my work on the new serve for nothing?

CNT: Sorry, we are only training those who can and/or have the potential to take down Ito.

Jan 2018
Reactions: MaLin2.0
Jan 2018
Anyway. The Japanese public and media love rankings of anything, for whatever reasons. Will see how the public ranks Harimoto and Ito after the #RESTART.
Harimoto and Ito make the top 5 of "male/female athletes expected to play an active role next year", coming in 5th and 2nd, respectively. Ito also ranks 4th in the "female athletes playing an active role this year". Ishikawa ranks 5th in "refreshing/sweet athletes".

https://www.hakuhodody-media.co.jp/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/HDYMP20201217.pdf
■ 今年活躍した男性アスリート1位:羽生結弦(フィギュアスケート)2位:大谷翔平(野球)3位:錦織圭(テニス)4位:ダルビッシュ有(野球)5位:八村塁(バスケットボール)
■ 今年活躍した女性アスリート1位:大坂なおみ(テニス)2位:渋野日向子(ゴルフ)3位:池江璃花子(水泳)4位:伊藤美誠(卓球)5位:本田真凜(フィギュアスケート)
■ 来年活躍が期待できる男性アスリート1位:羽生結弦(フィギュアスケート)2位:大谷翔平(野球)3位:久保建英(サッカー)/桃田賢斗(バドミントン)5位:張本智和(卓球)
■ 来年活躍が期待できる女性アスリート1位:大坂なおみ(テニス)2位:伊藤美誠(卓球)3位:池江璃花子(水泳)4位:渋野日向子(ゴルフ)5位:本田真凜(フィギュアスケート)
・「爽やかな」アスリート1位:羽生結弦(フィギュアスケート)2位:大谷翔平(野球)3位:内田篤人(サッカー)4位:奥原希望(バドミントン)5位:石川佳純(卓球)

3386-4.jpg

VjI3g3a.jpg

Refreshing Ishikawa - http://yamaguchi-city-art-eat.jp/translation.html

Jan 2018
JTTA has just posted the selection criteria for WTT Middle East.

http://www.jtta.or.jp/Portals/0/images/player/selection/20210109_wtt_chuto.pdf
2021 年 1 月 9 日
公益財団法人 日本卓球協会
強化本部⻑ 宮﨑義仁​

2021 年 2 月末開催 WTT 中東シリーズ国際大会(主催:ITTF)
派遣選手選考基準​

表記の件、強化本部で協議した結果、以下の基準にて選手選考しますのでお知らせいたします。

1、対象大会 WTT 中東シリーズ(2/28〜3/13):於:カタール(ドーハ)
① 2/28〜3/6 WTT コンテンダー大会(予選 2/28-3/2, 本戦 3/3-6)
② 3/6〜3/13 WTT スターコンテンダー大会(予選 3/6-7, 本戦 3/8-13)
※空港到着後 PCR 検査があり、指定ホテルにて 48 時間の隔離があります。陽性の場合は、ホテルにて
さらに 1 週間の隔離があります。

2、選手選考方法(シングルス)
①東京オリンピックシングルス代表候補者は、第 1 優先順位にて出場できる。
②東京オリンピック団体戦代表候補者は、第 2 優先順位にて出場できる。
③男女 2021 年全日本選手権シングルス優勝者は、第 3 優先順位にて出場できる。
④男女 2020 年全日本選手権シングルス優勝者は、第 4 優先順位にて出場できる。
⑤男女 2021 年全日本選手権シングルスベスト4の選手は、第 5 優先順位にて出場できる。
⑥男女 2021 年全日本選手権ジュニア優勝者は、第 6 優先順位にて出場できる。
⑦上記2①〜⑥選考後更に出場枠がある場合は強化本部にて決定する。

3、選手選考方法(ダブルス種目)
ダブルス種目については強化本部にて決定する。

4、その他
①上記大会以後の大会についての選考基準は都度発表する。
②その他 ITTF からの変更等が生じた場合は強化本部にて検討する。

以 上​

大会情報:
WTT コンテンダー: 男女シングルス本戦 32 枠、男女混合ダブルス本戦 16 枠
男女シングルス予選 96 枠、ダブルス予選なし
WTT スターコンテンダー: 男女シングルス本戦 48 枠、男女混合ダブルス本戦 16 枠
男女シングルス予選 64 枠、ダブルス予選なし

Forgot to post these. Ito's 3 aspects of evolution during COVID-19 and Harimoto's FH makeover in the eyes of Japanese coach Takahiro Oribe. His debut articles.

“大魔王”伊藤美誠がコロナ禍中に「3つの進化」 中国のライバルに情報をさらして目指す野望とは
https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/845960

張本智和17歳、フォーム大改造で得た“新たな武器” 歴史に名を刻むためのキャリア戦略とは
https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/845996

Last edited: