Return of International TT Matches

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Polcanova is no joke after her hip surgery.

S0HS7dX.jpg

Polcanova: Patience is key to beating a chopper. Don't "push" it, but do "push" it.
qr94a4j.jpg

Argh...
b6vTdcV.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JMC
Jan 2018
Lily: Revenge for 3rd place match at World Cup 2019?

5FahXk0.jpg

1lAS3MA.jpg

6MNexIe.jpg

Gap in experience shows. Lily shouldn't flick those balls to her FH short.

3nw7wmT.jpg

GmkVde9.jpg

k4KPBrG.jpg

Ruo1jnY.jpg

BYhmFTN.jpg

RwSuhBQ.jpg

QDB3f58.jpg

CSWoqTd.jpg

FTW: I'm going for your FH!
Rnm5QrT.jpg

Miracle again! Lily was down 7:10 or 8:10...
UFBkM9l.jpg

D8Ja4qU.jpg

jiVMr7f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JMC
This user has no status.
Lily closes the game, and wins against FTW. Is it really a surprise ? FTW still a solid player but not the clear #1 ex-CNT as she used to be for many years.

Adam Bobrow is not commenting and watching TT is boring again.

Jan 2018
Lily closes the game, and wins against FTW. Is it really a surprise ? FTW still a solid player but not the clear #1 ex-CNT as she used to be for many years.

Adam Bobrow is not commenting and watching TT is boring again.

:p
3CGsGIv.png

Jan 2018
Ariel who? Lily showing that you can still succeed in table tennis even if your state's association is in shambles

And Ariel where? "Utilizing" her "table tennis fame" to the fullest...

This user has no status.

Kasumi must still have nightmares from the Bronze Medal Match at London Olympics. I believe thats why her record is much poorer against FTW than it should given the overall level of those 2 players. I think Kasumi has been overall the more consistent player than FTW in the last few years, and the one improving, but I'm biased.

Jan 2018
Kasumi must still have nightmares from the Bronze Medal Match at London Olympics. I believe thats why her record is much poorer against FTW than it should given the overall level of those 2 players. I think Kasumi has been overall the more consistent player than FTW in the last few years, and the one improving, but I'm biased.

FTW might be past her prime but still can sting, having taken out WMY at the WTTC 2018, which ended the latter's hope for Tokyo 2020. Hirano in the 1st leg of T2 2019. CM was another victim at German Open 2019.

Oh dear, FTW 3-0 Ishikawa. Mmm. @zeio?
batch_IMG_9934.jpg

Not surprised here. Ishikawa has always had a hard time against FTW in singles. Most of her wins are in team event. Look it up. It's bizarre.

Last edited:
Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
FTW might be past her prime but still can sting, having taken out WMY at the WTTC 2018, which ended the latter's hope for Tokyo 2020. Hirano in the 1st leg of T2 2019. CM was another victim at German Open 2019.

Agreed. Feng is made of something else. Only Mima has managed to surpass Feng in terms of threatening CNT. Back in the day it used to be CNT > Feng > Rest of the World, although now Mima has filled up that spot very nicely.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
And Ariel where? "Utilizing" her "table tennis fame" to the fullest...

That's 5 years ago and I was just contrasting Ariel's more 'practical' choice v.s. Lily 'chasing her dreams'. Surely nobody would have thought that she'd be doing so well when USA was being trashed at WTTC 2014 with no Gao Jun, Wang Chen, Ariel Hsing or Erica Wu to buoy the team. If memory serves well they were even on the verge of being demoted to Division 2, but the US team today is shaping up to be a solid top 8 team.

Jan 2018
Lily already showed a lot of promise back at the WTTC 2017, by reaching R32 in the singles and QF in doubles with Wu Yue. It's not like she went entirely unnoticed.

Ariel has her own choice but one can't help but feel 過橋抽板.

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/an-open-letter-to-ariel-hsing/
Dear Ariel,

As you make some very important and pressing decisions in the upcoming year, please remember one thing: College can wait. I have heard of the 4.0 GPA suicide pact you made with your parents, and of your Stanford aspirations. There’s no doubt that any college would count “Olympian badass” as a worthy extracurricular activity, and I know that you are itching to join your buddies Bill Gates and Warren Buffett in the world of business...

But before you start weaning yourself off table tennis to pursue higher education, before the three hours of daily practice give way to dorm food, exams, and the unbridled, vibrant joy of student life in Palo Alto (this, Ariel, is called sarcasm), please consider Gates, who dropped out of Harvard because college can be pretty pointless for individuals of extreme talent, charisma, and vision...Better to do something well, no matter how weird it might be, and figure out the money later...

America’s Olympic team needs you, Ariel...We need you, the child of Taiwanese and Chinese immigrants, to take down the big bad Chinese athletes and bring glory to America’s favorite dormitory sport...

Sincerely,

Jay Kang

Last edited:
Reactions: driversbeat
Jan 2018
https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2020-11-09/doc-iiznctke0439278.shtml
伊藤美诚表示8个月的时间没有比赛,在这段时间自己多了些发球和接发球的训练,她说:“学会了新的发球很开心,同时也很开心能被发现。”

谈到来中国之后看的动画片《喜羊羊与灰太狼》,她说:“动画片非常有意思,但是好像是给小学生们看的,我每天晚上10点、11点开始看小羊,看了超级多,大概看了三部,太有意思了,时间过得特别快,虽然听不懂,但是我自己想象,我自己内心给他们写台词。”
"I'm very happy to learn a new serve, and also very happy to be discovered," said Ito.

Speaking of the donghua "Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf" that she watched after coming to China, she said: "The donghua is very interesting, but it seems to be for elementary school students. I started watching the lamb every night at 10 or 11 o'clock and watched a lot. I've probably watched three series. It’s so interesting. Time flies very fast. Although I don’t understand what it's saying, I imagined the dialog in my heart."

Even her mom complains on twitter.

https://twitter.com/mimaminori/status/1325043942493073408
FfAsR93.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2020-11-09/doc-iiznctke0439278.shtml

"I'm very happy to learn a new serve, and also very happy to be discovered," said Ito.

Speaking of the donghua "Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf" that she watched after coming to China, she said: "The donghua is very interesting, but it seems to be for elementary school students. I started watching the lamb every night at 10 or 11 o'clock and watched a lot. I've probably watched three series. It’s so interesting. Time flies very fast. Although I don’t understand what it's saying, I imagined the dialog in my heart."

Even her mom complains on twitter.

https://twitter.com/mimaminori/status/1325043942493073408
cache.php

Unfortunately it seems like she hasn't learned to stop missing her serves yet. First game with Chen and already 2 service errors. Although she still takes it 11-6.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Does Zheng Jiaqi only coach CIC? I think CSY could use the former's expertise.