I am nervous at the tournament

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
I played a lot tablet tennis before , stopped for almost 30 yrs, since I started to play again, I can never have confident to play in the tournament. I am nervous, scare to lose. I just play only 20% of what I normally play. Tomorrow I will play a tournament again. What should I do ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I like to go for the 'watch the ball really closely when it comes towards you, try to see if you can read the logo' approach as well as just making my first priority moving my feet to the ball/ correct position for me to hit. This gives the mind something simple and productive to focus on so that the rest can happen automatically.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This is pretty normal at first. Play more tournaments. That feeling goes away.

Also, we are not pros. Nobody cares if you win or lose, except you. Nobody thinks less of you if you lose. Especially after a 30 year break!

So keep losing (for awhile) and realize that if you lose its not a bad thing. You have to get used to its before you can start winning, or at least playing better.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Get enough sleep. Make sure you're hydrated. A bit of magnesium/zync never hurts.

Arrive on time, explore the venue. Take time to warm up and get used to the light, the tables, the floor. Play a few short practice matches. Then just have fun, one rally at a time. As you play more tourneys, you get looser.

Reactions: Tinykin
Sep 2016
thank you for all your good advise , tournament has finished. I am the runner

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Sep 2016
01b1bc39-9527-4875-a54d-cb15caddeffa.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
My advice is to train your blocking game. When you are nervous in a tournament, the best thing is to start the game's first set blocking down the opponent and get the pace of the game. By doing this, you will start to get into the momentum and feel less nervous. One more tip is to stsy very close to the table when you block. This will make your defensive act turn offensive.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl