says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Appologize I wasn’t clear. WhatI mean is if you have H3 on the forehand then your 7 soft on backhand will be too soft. You could try 7 regular on backhand. Just my personal oppinion though

I use to play with Rakza 7 on both sides and enjoyed it, my only concern was the weight on some setups, that's why I put 7 Soft on my BH.

I tried H3 and especially liked it on my FH, on the BH it was nice also but it required a lot of effort compared to a tensor since the stroke is shorter and H3 is more linear and less lively. I had Rakza 7 Soft on the other side when I tried H3, and it felt the difference in hardness and throw made it a bit hard to adjust my angle on my BH right after hitting a FH with H3, so I think you're right when saying I would need something harder on my BH. I will try regular R7 there, and if I find it too heavy in combination with H3, I was thinking T80 or T80 FX. Do you think FX would still be too soft?

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Thanks fellas,

This is what I do with my tensor rubbers as well, I spray just a little bit of distilled water and rub it off with the soft side of a rubber sponge, then put sticky protection sheets on.

Just wanted to make sure that was also appropriate for sticky Chinese rubbers. I thought maybe I should use non-sticky protection sheets and perhaps spray something other than just water.

water is really the only cleaning media permitted by the ITTF.
There is however hardly a single TT-related manufacturer that does not promote a cleaner.

May one ask why you are using distilled water instead of just tap water ?
Is it because you get chlorine in your tap-water ???

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
water is really the only cleaning media permitted by the ITTF.
There is however hardly a single TT-related manufacturer that does not promote a cleaner.

May one ask why you are using distilled water instead of just tap water ?
Is it because you get chlorine in your tap-water ???

Tap water can contain residues, impurities, chlorine, iron, minerals... so I prefer to use distilled water in a small spray bottle.

Reactions: lodro and Tango K
Tap water can contain residues, impurities, chlorine, iron, minerals... so I prefer to use distilled water in a small spray bottle.
I use rain water. Works too.

Reactions: lodro