Violin Alternatives?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I don't like promoting my work on another threads but this just spreads a message that custom blades are luxurious products only affordable to big wallets, which is not true. I could, or any other blade maker for that matter, build a blade with the same composition for about a third of the price of the real thing (~170€ on TT11). Is it Aliexpress cheap? Of course not. But it's a quality product on par with, or even better than those put out by the big brands, and which people don't seem to mind paying big bucks. And using hide glue wouldn't be a problem for any of us by the way...

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll bite (tbh I'd probably subconsciously hoped you'd reply with a post letting me know it was doable and not too expensive). PM on its way...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Ok, I'll bite (tbh I'd probably subconsciously hoped you'd reply with a post letting me know it was doable and not too expensive). PM on its way...

It was not meant as a sales pitch, just trying to demystify some aspects of custom blades. Of course if you choose to go that route I will be glad to help.

says Footwork footwork footwork
Have you tried a Yasaka Sweden Extra? I’ve read some saying it has a similar feel and play.

I’ve used Yasaka Sweden Classic and my primary blade is a Nittaku Acoustic, those two blades have similar feel in serves and low input shots. (If that’s relevant or helpful at all... I’m extracting here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk