Cpen setup for beginner female

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I have a question, for a female player who wishes due to upbringing and comfort to use a penhold. The idea for cpen is that only one side of the rubber is used for backhand and forehand, unlike RPB. - is this understanding correct?

For a bat, i was thinking a 5 ply all wood blade like YSE or Ppg8, with a short pimple like 729 802-(40?) - similar to the set up of He Zhiwen. Would it make sense to get an inverted rubber like h3 neo or tg3 skyline or any 729 Super FX on the other side, in the case that using inverted Cpen is better for her? If the blade was Jpen, you get no chance to try both out.

Suggestions welcome

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I have a question, for a female player who wishes due to upbringing and comfort to use a penhold. The idea for cpen is that only one side of the rubber is used for backhand and forehand, unlike RPB. - is this understanding correct?

For a bat, i was thinking a 5 ply all wood blade like YSE or Ppg8, with a short pimple like 729 802-(40?) - similar to the set up of He Zhiwen. Would it make sense to get an inverted rubber like h3 neo or tg3 skyline or any 729 Super FX on the other side, in the case that using inverted Cpen is better for her? If the blade was Jpen, you get no chance to try both out.

Suggestions welcome

Yes. With traditional cpen you use the same rubber for both FH and BH.

Cpen isn't that common in my part of the world and I've probably only encountered 5-7 players. However pretty much everyone seem to use H3 on the FH and a traditional rubber like Mark V or Sriver for their BH. I guess that this is a pretty good setup for an amateur that wants to try out RPB.

Hopefully you'll get some better answers from the Asian crowd of this forum.