TTD Member 3 30
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 30 3

User Info Menu

Apr 2020
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews

Cpen setup for beginner female

I have a question, for a female player who wishes due to upbringing and comfort to use a penhold. The idea for cpen is that only one side of the rubber is used for backhand and forehand, unlike RPB. - is this understanding correct?

For a bat, i was thinking a 5 ply all wood blade like YSE or Ppg8, with a short pimple like 729 802-(40?) - similar to the set up of He Zhiwen. Would it make sense to get an inverted rubber like h3 neo or tg3 skyline or any 729 Super FX on the other side, in the case that using inverted Cpen is better for her? If the blade was Jpen, you get no chance to try both out.

Suggestions welcome

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,739 5,840
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 5,840 2,739
    Bot spotted.

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,764 14,155
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,155 15,764
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    Bot spotted.
    Yep. And entertainingly enough. That bot helped me find a Keto bot. Two bots for the price of one.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    Quote Originally Posted by dorse
    I have a question, for a female player who wishes due to upbringing and comfort to use a penhold. The idea for cpen is that only one side of the rubber is used for backhand and forehand, unlike RPB. - is this understanding correct?

For a bat, i was thinking a 5 ply all wood blade like YSE or Ppg8, with a short pimple like 729 802-(40?) - similar to the set up of He Zhiwen. Would it make sense to get an inverted rubber like h3 neo or tg3 skyline or any 729 Super FX on the other side, in the case that using inverted Cpen is better for her? If the blade was Jpen, you get no chance to try both out.

Suggestions welcome
    Yes. With traditional cpen you use the same rubber for both FH and BH.

Cpen isn't that common in my part of the world and I've probably only encountered 5-7 players. However pretty much everyone seem to use H3 on the FH and a traditional rubber like Mark V or Sriver for their BH. I guess that this is a pretty good setup for an amateur that wants to try out RPB.

Hopefully you'll get some better answers from the Asian crowd of this forum.