Backhand change Dignics 05 to 09c or.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Been using D05 for a little while on my backhand and looking for a bit more bite on the ball but also need to be able to block, punch and topspin drive

Anyone got any ideas or made the change or have any suggestions of anything else. I had even though of going softer Chinese maybe if it had similar pace.

Cheers GZ

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Thanks and cheers all. I think a new team mate has D80 I can try. Very few using 09c at all still mind. General concensus that 09c not the best match then?.

Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thanks and cheers all. I think a new team mate has D80 I can try. Very few using 09c at all still mind. General concensus that 09c not the best match then?.

Cheers

If you want a looping rubber, sure but if you want to punch and block, not the best fit. If you don't topspin consistently and powerfully, it is hard to get the ball moving with D09c.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I was more worried about blocking to be honest with control and also vary the pace. If it's really a lot slower than D05 by a way that's going to be tricky. The ability to topspin drive over the table is actually ok with D05 or counter. I stay pretty close but was hoping that serve, opening spin and return might benefit from a rubber with a bit more bite.

Cheers NL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
more bite than D05? You will have a hard time finding a rubber with more bite, tacky rubbers maybe but you will lose catapult.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
That was the plan to see if there was anything out there like that. D05 is a lovely rubber don't get me wrong but the hype about 09c had me thinking do I get very close to speed with a bit more bite to the rubber for openers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That was the plan to see if there was anything out there like that. D05 is a lovely rubber don't get me wrong but the hype about 09c had me thinking do I get very close to speed with a bit more bite to the rubber for openers.

09c is IMO more about being able to take bigger swings at the ball close to the table because of the tackiness. If that is what you are looking for then go for it. But it definitely isn't the fastest rubber out there. Openers are still largely about your effort IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Thanks NL I've managed to track down a sheet and will give it a go. Being able to go all out of a stroke with safety isn't a bad thing to be honest. Quality is key when things are tight so always nice to have safety. Cheers

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
In terms of tackiness D09C is only slightly tacky, if you were rating it scale 0 -10, with a rubber like MXP which has no tackiness and would therefore be a 0 D09C would be a 2 at the most. The sheet of Std H3 I have would be a 7 or so.
D09C still has a ‘dull’ feel with soft shots, but when you engage the sponge the catapult is there, not as much as T80FX. So D09C is more controlled to a certain extent. I can’t comment how it compares to T05, as I haven’t used that rubber, but from what everyone else reports T05 would have more spring/catapult.

For a ‘so called’ Tacky rubber D09C doesn’t produce as much spin as say H3 when looping, spin level is high but not the highest.
topspin drives are really good, fast, crisp controlled.
for blocking its good, controlled, fast enough, but again not the fastest for blocking.
spin when serving is high.

on Tuesday 2 other players I train with, better standard than me, both T05 users, tried the D09C 1.9mm on a Primorac blade, they both really really liked it, but not the price!!!!

with 2.1mm thickness sponge, more catapult will be available. For me D09C is a great BH rubber, but there are cheaper alternatives that are just as good, better in some aspects, but for me, counter topspin, topspin drives etc is where this rubber excels and stands out.
Find someone who has it and test first!!:)

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
09c is usable on BH, but you have to reboost it after 3 months as it becomes a brick around that time.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
If you’re boosting yourself then you’re probably right, both my sheets are straight out of the pack onto the blade unboosted and still in good condition after 5 months. Used at least every other day for 4 months for about 1 to 2 hours per session. They still seem good, but it can be hard to notice the gradual decline of a rubber over time until you use a new sheet.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If you’re boosting yourself then you’re probably right, both my sheets are straight out of the pack onto the blade unboosted and still in good condition after 5 months. Used at least every other day for 4 months for about 1 to 2 hours per session. They still seem good, but it can be hard to notice the gradual decline of a rubber over time until you use a new sheet.

Yep. Mine clearly degraded compared to my new sheets but I still play well with them.

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Yep. Mine clearly degraded compared to my new sheets but I still play well with them.

I played tonight and the rubbers played very well, spin on serves was excellent!! Loop was solid and lots of spin when brushed properly. The other thing I noticed when we were doing some pushing routines, my coach is way above me in level, was that he had trouble reading the amount of spin, he made a lot of errors!! (For a change, must have been an off night!!) I found it easy to put more or less spin on the ball without it being obvious.