Advise needed for new setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Since i quit playing tabletennis 23 years ago when i was about 16 years old i started playing again last year summer. I am very happy that i did and realise now how much i have missed it all these years.
I started playing with some cheap ready made bat (Joola Carbon Pro) that needed to be upgraded soon.
I then bought a custom made Donic persson power AR senso racket with Gewo target air tec (1,7mm) wich seemed a bit on the fast side but i got used to it relatively fast. I upgraded this setup after about 5 months for a Stiga Allround classic WRB with Rakza 7 soft. I realy loved this setup from the first moment i played with it. Confidence went up a lot and i could just do more of what in my head i thought i was able to do.
Now i feel like i need a little bit more speed (and spin?) but i dont really want less control.
I came across the Andro Ligna TP all, would this be an upgrade compared to my current Stiga AC? And what rubbers would be good to put on it?
Or any other ideas/advice?
My playing style is very allround, i am ok at defending wich i enjoy most at training, but in a match i am much more attacking style player, blocking and smashing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I've had a Persson Powerplay and it's good for precision play, smash and block, but personally I find it a bit difficult to create spin and loop with compared to less stiff blades.
I would recommend 'Avalox Blue Thunder 555', but one of the light ones below 85 g. Or a heavier 'Stiga Allround Evolution' around 90 g. It's a little bit better for smash and placements (A light One would probably not give you much extra). I can Also create a little more spin using the same rubbers compared to my light bt555. 'Stiga Energy Wood WRB V2' could also be a great choice in a similar vein as the 2 others.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks for the advice, i think i will go for the Xiom Offensive S with the same Rakza 7 Soft rubbers. What do you think?