How to improve hand eye coordination at home

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If it is timing and it is on the BH and not the FH, then I am not sure that eye hand coordination is what you are talking about. And since it is timing, and with BH, people whose timing is off on BH, often they swing too early because the stroke is short and you sort of need to wait on the ball till it comes into your strike zone, it might be something you need to work on at the table.

With live practice, the timing will come back. A robot might help make it come back quicker too. So, that version of "at home" might work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Now that you mention it i think for my backhand timing would be better to improve indeed. Live practice is scarce for me atm though sadly. We have 2 days in the week where we can practice for 1.5 hours. One of those times i have to work most of the time aswell sadly. Hopefully our sportscentre will open up soon so i can practice more often.

But other than timing, i feel like hand eye coordination is also a bit off for me, sometimes i just miss the ball entirely. That's one of the reasons i was wondering if there are any hand-eye coordination exercises.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Simple exercise. Push a table (any table, any size) against a wall. Gently keep a rally going playing against the wall with your backhand. Start slow, keep your wrist relaxed and play the shot quite close to the body. Gradually build up the speed, whilst maintaining high consistency. This will help you develop the feeling of your backhand and help with eye hand co-ordination.

Reactions: SofaChamp