Andro Rasanter R47 R48

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Hi All. The rasanters have been here for a while.
R37, R42, R47, R50, R53 ...
And now there is the R48. I can't find much about it.
Is there anyone that used the R47 and tried/using R48 now?

If I look at the factory stats it is very high control. More than 10% better than R47.
It's even faster en spinnier than the R50.

I found someone that said the R48 feels softer although it's harder than R47.

I would like to hear opinions from people who have tried both.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Sorry. I was just looking at Equipment, Andro ....
Thx.

After reading (not much about R47 vs R48):
It enables more spin than R47, yet feels softer, however not bouncier - so on passive shots it will not do anything unwanted, while on active shots it adds some extra power.

softer, not bouncier .. all words i'm looking for :D.

Thx. And will see what else I can find with your search options.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I’ve hit with R48 (max) and found much to like, though not as much so as R53 (2.0).

The difference between R47 and R48 is significant imho. R- and V42/47/50 may be kins, but not close ones to R48/R53.

when I tried the R53 I found it to feel softer than expected, really good spin when looping, serving and fast, super good for fast blocks and counter drives, but when under pressure, slightly out of position, having to use an improvised stroke then control was totally gone, more from my poor technique, but I’d say it was very unforgiving and when I missed I missed BIG!!!
So I’m wondering if the R48 is more forgiving, more control, maybe less speed??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
True in that it does feel softer than R47, but the sponge technology of R48/R53 is new and the Joola doesn´t have that. Over time, other ESN customers will surely have it, though.

The Joola Dynaryz series might be similar though, came out about the same time, the next thickness down from Max is 2.0mm like the R48 and R53 and the description of the 'Hyper Bounce' sponge sounds very much like the 'Energy Cell'

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I played with R48 in the summer.

At the start this rubber was a dream come true.... very spinny, soft feeling, speed , you name it.
But after 4 weeks it seemed to loose a lot of it's qualities and it wears down very quick.

After 6 weeks the rubber was barely playable , it's just not durable at all.
I have a 4 months old Danyryz ACC that looks and feels way better in terms of durability.

I don't get how this rubber can wear down so fast.

Reactions: Sedis
True in that it does feel softer than R47, but the sponge technology of R48/R53 is new and the Joola doesn´t have that. Over time, other ESN customers will surely have it, though.

Not sure about that but i know it is not Andro that has a generation more advanced than other brands.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I played with R48 in the summer.

At the start this rubber was a dream come true.... very spinny, soft feeling, speed , you name it.
But after 4 weeks it seemed to loose a lot of it's qualities and it wears down very quick.

After 6 weeks the rubber was barely playable , it's just not durable at all.
I have a 4 months old Danyryz ACC that looks and feels way better in terms of durability.

I don't get how this rubber can wear down so fast.

Yeah. I noticed at 3 weeks the performance dropped notably.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Not sure about that but i know it is not Andro that has a generation more advanced than other brands.

I generally use the term "generation" with caution.

If you look at Donic for example, from Coppa JO Gold to bluestorm they say Formula Donic 3rd Generation.

Within each generation, variations are plenty, so Energy Cell could be a variant of what andro had before, without being at the same time a totally new technology.

It´s a jungle out there ;)

If it is not Andro, then I would guess it's Joola?

I generally use the term "generation" with caution.

If you look at Donic for example, from Coppa JO Gold to bluestorm they say Formula Donic 3rd Generation.

Within each generation, variations are plenty, so Energy Cell could be a variant of what andro had before, without being at the same time a totally new technology.

It´s a jungle out there ;)

Agree on that but each company has its own description of the same technology used. It is hard to compare the rubbers unless you have almost of them and when you have tried them, you will see a topsheet that is quite different and a sponge that is a bit special.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Agree on that but each company has its own description of the same technology used. It is hard to compare the rubbers unless you have almost of them and when you have tried them, you will see a topshee that is wuite different and a sponge that is a bit special.

Exactly.

I think in early Tensor days the similarities were obvious and the rubbers few. That is where the "all the same ESN stuff anyway" generalization stems from, which is very untrue these days, with so many tweaks having been done to the basic recipes.