DHS Neo rubbers vs normal boosted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I had them both. Neo it's a bit bouncy but not too much. I use a special booster, which is to be applied for both sponge & topsheet, I boosted it in February, it became faster and softer, but still very linear, the speed effect didn't last but still the rubber is still soft and bouncy now.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
the jury is still out but"" NEO is not actually boosted""" seems to be the majority decision expected.
I got H3 on the forehand and Neo on the back and both are not boosted and they do not ware off :)

If I would desire softer bouncier rubbers , I would simply buy softer bouncier rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
the jury is still out but"" NEO is not actually boosted""" seems to be the majority decision expected.
I got H3 on the forehand and Neo on the back and both are not boosted and they do not ware off :)

If I would desire softer bouncier rubbers , I would simply buy softer bouncier rubbers

Yeah true I guess I was mistaken because many people say neo is factor boosted and the boosted feeling wears out after some time and rubber becomes dead

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Yeah true I guess I was mistaken because many people say neo is factor boosted and the boosted feeling wears out after some time and rubber becomes dead

It's not bout bounciness or softness only. The feeling changes. Maybe I am oversensitive though. Boosted tacky rubbers feels different than most hybrids or "softer tacky rubbers" I've used in the past. If you want it, you can try Haifu Seamoon, its for 18$ on Aliexpress. Shipping takes a while because it can't be sent by air, but it's the cheapest way to try boosting. BTW I've found that Battle 2 prov is a good substitute for Hurricane 3 prov grade. It plays very well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I had them both. Neo it's a bit bouncy but not too much. I use a special booster, which is to be applied for both sponge & topsheet, I boosted it in February, it became faster and softer, but still very linear, the speed effect didn't last but still the rubber is still soft and bouncy now.

All I know is that Neo smells really bad at first and then smell wears off after about three weeks. No idea if the rotten smell is from booster or something else.

Also:
Yinhe Jupiter II smells even worse than Neo. Probably wins the award for “worst smelling rubber”. The smell also wears off, but after a longer period.

I always boost either neo or non-neo h3. A Chinese cosch friend of mine told me to use non neo h3 if i boost a lot and do not join ittdlf sanctioned tournaments as non-neo h3 absorb boosters better.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
All I know is that Neo smells really bad at first and then smell wears off after about three weeks. No idea if the rotten smell is from booster or something else.

Also:
Yinhe Jupiter II smells even worse than Neo. Probably wins the award for “worst smelling rubber”. The smell also wears off, but after a longer period.
All the chinese rubbers, even those non-tacky, have a strong smell. I have a friend who says that if they don't stink they might be fake or they are not good :)

Reactions: nymose
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Yinhe Jupiter II smells even worse than Neo. Probably wins the award for “worst smelling rubber”.

Corbor is the biggest culprit here. It smells worst, forever. Right now I have like 2-4 sheets of Battle 2, they also all smell bad. The Gold Version smells worse tho.

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
All the chinese rubbers, even those non-tacky, have a strong smell. I have a friend who says that if they don't stink they might be fake or they are not good :)

The non-neo H3, especially pro one, smells a lot less. (“Less”, I have to emphasize ;) )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Guys there is a video of a pro guy his youtube channel is tomorrow table tennis and he has guide to boosting rubbers and says neo rubbers are factory boosted and have around one month play time until booster wears off and you shouldn’t boost neo rubbers right off the package so that means neo rubbers are actually boosted and not factory tensor or softer if what he is saying is true I am wondering if that is right

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Tbh I don’t even know why this sort of conversation keeps going on everywhere online :cool: Get a piece and have a try. You’ll know it instantly since a boosted H3 is completely different from an unboosted one, unlike tension rubbers (which boosting only enhances).

Guys there is a video of a pro guy his youtube channel is tomorrow table tennis and he has guide to boosting rubbers and says neo rubbers are factory boosted and have around one month play time until booster wears off and you shouldn’t boost neo rubbers right off the package so that means neo rubbers are actually boosted and not factory tensor or softer if what he is saying is true I am wondering if that is right
Yes neo h3 is factory boosted but it is not enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Hello guys what are your opinions on neo rubbers and how long does the factory boost on them last and is it better to play normal version and just boost or buy neo and boost after one or two months and do the neo version even have to be re-boosted?
Neo rubbers are not boosted, they just come with pre-installed glue. They don't wear off, that's why the neo doesn't loose feeling like european rubbers do. It's weird that they feel like they're boosted, but they're just well made.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Yes neo h3 is factory boosted but it is not enough.
Stop spreading myths. You should know better.
I would like to see evidence that there is factory boosting on any rubber. Any "boosting" would dissipate while the rubber is still in the wrapper. I have yet to see anybody contradict this. Yes, there is a smell. It is like the "new car" smell. Plastics and rubbers will off gas.

Reactions: Lowday20298
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm still totally new to DHS....but i can tell you that I have DHS Hurricane NEO 3 39degree black on both of my viscaria. I used a water based glue (not DHS #15, it was free chalk) to apply the rubber straight out of the package to my first blade. I played with this blade for two weeks.

Then I took the rubber off, and I applied 2 layers of seamoon (first layer, then wait 12 hours, then the second layer, then waited 27 hours, then 2 layers of DHS 15 on the rubber). The rubber expanded to be several MM off the edge of the paddle (it was cut perfectly to the edge of the paddle before). The boosting process also produced a nice dome effect on the rubber. I waited 27 hours for the second layer to dry...and the doming effect was reduced a little bit but it was still there when i actually glued the rubber on to my blade.

Results: faster, spinnier, and more catapult effect than before. still lots of control in the short game. the gears were still there to say the least. i'll try and do one more layer of booster in about 6-8 weeks depending on the feeling.

My second blade still has the unboosted DHS on it. I haven't really used it much....

Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
pre-installed glue. They don't wear off,
Glue that doesn't wear off.

this is getting weirder and weirder an this dude comes and comment on all these old DHS threads and tells really funny things.

So what happens when I "remove" the glue from the sponge?
it still on there and doesn't wear off?

Reactions: Robin0910
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Glue that doesn't wear off.

this is getting weirder and weirder an this dude comes and comment on all these old DHS threads and tells really funny things.

So what happens when I "remove" the glue from the sponge?
it still on there and doesn't wear off?
I meant that there isn't any booster to wear off, the wear off part didn't go towards the glue. Don't cut the sentences to where it goes out of context. As for the plain glue, as I said, you can scrub it off and nothing will happen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Stop spreading myths. You should know better.
I would like to see evidence that there is factory boosting on any rubber. Any "boosting" would dissipate while the rubber is still in the wrapper. I have yet to see anybody contradict this. Yes, there is a smell. It is like the "new car" smell. Plastics and rubbers will off gas.
Well, european rubbers are tuned from the factory, essentially boosted. You can tell because after a few months, if you take the rubber off the blade, it will shrink. Also the more you play it, the more of its feeling it looses. It may not be a proper booster or tuning, but there's some treatment to the sponges, hence why they have this "speed glue-like" feel to them.

Compared to a hurricane 3, from the first to the last moment you play with it, the feeling will remain largely the same, characteristics will change because it will wear out, but feeling will not change, and for visible stuff, it will not shrink after you remove it.