This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Hardness:
Vega Japan is medium to medium-soft
Tenergy 05 is medium-hard, the topsheet is also a lot harder on Tenergy 05

Spin:
With Vega Japan it's easy to create a good amount of spin, but the maximum is a lot less than you get with Tenergy 05

Catapult:
Vega Japan has a lot more catapult than Tenergy 05 and is quite bouncy, Tenergy feels a bit dead in comparison

Speed:
Topend speed for Tenergy 05 is higher

Ease of use:
Depends on your style. In general Vega Japan is quite easy to use regarding looping, but can be bouncy over the table when receiving serves. Tenergy is a bit easier to use over the table I'd say because of less catapult. But you must have better footwork and technique to accelerate the ball since the catapult effect is less pronounced.

Tenergy is more for advanced players while Vega Japan is for intermedia players, too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hardness:
Vega Japan is medium to medium-soft
Tenergy 05 is medium-hard, the topsheet is also a lot harder on Tenergy 05

Spin:
With Vega Japan it's easy to create a good amount of spin, but the maximum is a lot less than you get with Tenergy 05

Catapult:
Vega Japan has a lot more catapult than Tenergy 05 and is quite bouncy, Tenergy feels a bit dead in comparison

Speed:
Topend speed for Tenergy 05 is higher

Ease of use:
Depends on your style. In general Vega Japan is quite easy to use regarding looping, but can be bouncy over the table when receiving serves. Tenergy is a bit easier to use over the table I'd say because of less catapult. But you must have better footwork and technique to accelerate the ball since the catapult effect is less pronounced.

Tenergy is more for advanced players while Vega Japan is for intermedia players, too.

About throw angle, what do you say?

Higher than Vega Pro and lower that T05.

Its an older tensor generation, 4th, but I think that its the first Xiom rubber to try harder sponge with softer topsheet. The sponge is of the hardness of Vega Pro, but the topsheet is softer. The more expressed trampoline effect is with the softer touches, not so sensible with harder shots. Some people like that over the table and near the net, I don't. Lifting backspin balls is easier than with Vega Pro and T05. Blocks and smashes are easier. Active play depends on the way you implement spin.
Wonderful rubber if it suits your game, not so wonderful if it doesn't.
The next Xiom rubber I think followed that idea is Vega Asia DF after Vega Asia, not so big difference.
The next is Xiom Omega V Tour, following Asia with softer topsheet, great rubber, but very requiring for its full performance.
At the end its the Omega 7, for now the best.