Joola Rossi Emotion - needs lacquering / varnish ???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Hello guys , please i need an advice. I have acquired a brand new Joola Rossi emotion blade, my question is if its need lacquering. I have got an original varnish for table tennis blades. I´m little bit worried about the hinoki outer ply. What do you recommend ? Thank you, sincerely Maros - Slovakia.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I glue for a lot of people. Some of them use the JRE.

None are varnished, and I've never had any splintering or layer separation when taking off rubbers from them.

So I don't see a compelling reason. I do see a compelling reason not to in case of Hinoki. I'm all for sealing blades, but one just don't mess with the soft Hinoki feel.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Thank you, your answer helped me a lot in my decision to non applying the varnish.
I glue for a lot of people. Some of them use the JRE.

None are varnished, and I've never had any splintering or layer separation when taking off rubbers on them.

So I don't see a compelling reason. I do see a compelling reason not to in case of Hinoki. I'm all for sealing blades, but you just don't mess with the soft Hinoki feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I seal almost all my blades with a cheap sanding sealer. Very thinly, does not affect the performance but seals the blade against moisture and humidity as I live in the tropics. My main blade is a JRE, which I bought 2nd hand, and for some reason I never got to sealing. It performs quite well, no problems with sticking or replacing rubbers and no splintering despite the blade being quite old. I have ordered the new JRE PBO-c to level up. I'll wait for the blade to arrive and see if I get the urge to seal it. Just sharing my thoughts.